Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm thinking you have to win in the Thunderdome to get one.

Two collectors enter, one collector leaves. I call dibs on the chainsaw.

10 hours ago, vladykins said:

Bandai reads your post and is all:

Shut up and take my like! | Shut Up And Take My Money! | Know Your Meme

:rofl:

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Pretty sure someone at Bandai needed a change of pants after reading @Anasazi37's uh, ideas. :rolleyes:

Trying to keep them on their toes. :hi: Someone needs to start thinking outside of the box in that company. Seriously. Their box is terrible and it's sucking the joy out of collecting Macross valks.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Love the angle of this shot!

Out of curiosity, do you spend much time digitally removing specks of dust on your pics?

@Lolicon Thank you, glad you like it.  I keep my editing to a minimum on photos but removing dust is one of the necessary things I do because seeing dust particles bothers me. As for the amount of time it usually takes a few min of my time, I wipe down the hangar and dust toys before I photography them to minimize the amount of image clean up.

22 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Two collectors enter, one collector leaves. I call dibs on the chainsaw.

:rofl:

Trying to keep them on their toes. :hi: Someone needs to start thinking outside of the box in that company. Seriously. Their box is terrible and it's sucking the joy out of collecting Macross valks.

Thunderdome! I call dibs on the baseball bat with nails in it. :lol:

Time to step up the Valk photos, enjoy. :D

50851376867_dfbe1aa49b_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Heh.. you know, as irritating as the tilted gunpods might be.. it actually makes sense for them to be lifted when on the gear.  I mean, they're mounted to robot arms to begin with.  No reason they can't just flex to make sure the pod doesn't drag. :p 

The gun on the F-14 tomcat is mounted angled up several degrees. It's VERY beneficial in a dogfight, and lets you get a lot of range out of the canon on a strafing run.

The mounting point for the gunpod being slightly flexible makes a lot of sense, and is backed up in the DYRL opening dogfight, when Hikaru scores an off-bore gun kill on a battlepod.

10 minutes ago, slide said:

The gun on the F-14 tomcat is mounted angled up several degrees. It's VERY beneficial in a dogfight, and lets you get a lot of range out of the canon on a strafing run.

The mounting point for the gunpod being slightly flexible makes a lot of sense, and is backed up in the DYRL opening dogfight, when Hikaru scores an off-bore gun kill on a battlepod.

That's all well and good for when you're fighting in gravity, but the gunpod is entirely level without the arm packs mounted. :lol:

It does make sense being articulated for aiming though, absolutely, and aiming upward does bring the target into your field of view better.  It just doesn't look right. 

Edited by Chronocidal

43 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That's all well and good for when you're fighting in gravity, but the gunpod is entirely level without the arm packs mounted. :lol:

It does make sense being articulated for aiming though, absolutely, and aiming upward does bring the target into your field of view better.  It just doesn't look right. 

Ah, looks vs the laws of physics, the eternal struggle of all action on film. :lol:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Display one in Gerwalk mode. That will help for sure. ;) 

Definitely, awaiting my other SSP before I do! 

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's a great start!!!

2 hours ago, Arkham said:

Great start indeed.

This is just a personal opinion, feel free to toss it through the window, but IMHO Valks start to look much better once you start playing with their knees (rotate, bend, twist). Kakizaki there looks like a painted Chunky-Moneky :-)

Thanks! You’re absolutely right, need to stop worrying about messing them up and just have fun with them!

I dig the museum pose! something very nostalgic about it.:) May I suggest a glass door to make your assets dustproof. If it's a IKEA, you can get an optional glass door thing. I can be somewhat OCD about dust setting on my collectibles. I dust all ma stuff all da time! Someone stop me please.

Edited by Angesdad

22 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Don't get them wet. Don't feed them after midnight.

Not specifically for this line but some info:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41401-macross-maintenance/

haha got it.

for now I just want to remove the dust, and clean up the dirt/grease from the plastic that accumulates while handling/transforming the toy

3 hours ago, Algy said:

haha got it.

for now I just want to remove the dust, and clean up the dirt/grease from the plastic that accumulates while handling/transforming the toy

The best thing I bought for my collections;

74078_a__34634.1491301441.jpg?c=2?imbypa

Or you can swing by a dollarama get a makeup brush or something that works too. As for grease/dirt, wash hands well prior to or wear gloves. :drinks:

16 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I dig the museum pose! something very nostalgic about it.:) May I suggest a glass door to make your assets dustproof. If it's a IKEA, you can get an optional glass door thing. I can be somewhat OCD about dust setting on my collectibles. I dust all ma stuff all da time! Someone stop me please.

I’m pretty OCD about my stuff as well but I don’t think IKEA makes a glass door for the Kallax shelves, not in the US at least.