Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I think I just Scored that one ... "Order Status Checking the stock"

So conflicted on the VF-1D... not a fan of the that valk (or orange lol), but being able to recreate the iconic scene with Minmei is pure nostalgia. Also I want the fan racer. Im going to regret this either way. 

Any news on the GBP release?

COVID messing everything up makes the 8 ball even murkier than usual but we had releases in August and then November in 2020 with TV parts dropping in December. I wouldn't be surprised if this year we have releases in July and November with December again being the accessory (GBP this time). If December is the GBP, it sure seems likely that the November release would be a Hikaru 1J of some sort... but that makes too much sense for Bandai. 

1 hour ago, Syro said:

So conflicted on the VF-1D... not a fan of the that valk (or orange lol), but being able to recreate the iconic scene with Minmei is pure nostalgia. Also I want the fan racer. Im going to regret this either way. 

I hear you man, I myself couldnt justify buying the whole VF-1D for the fan racer, so I didnt, I know I will regret that decision, but at least i saved some money

18 hours ago, jenius said:

COVID messing everything up makes the 8 ball even murkier than usual but we had releases in August and then November in 2020 with TV parts dropping in December. I wouldn't be surprised if this year we have releases in July and November with December again being the accessory (GBP this time). If December is the GBP, it sure seems likely that the November release would be a Hikaru 1J of some sort... but that makes too much sense for Bandai. 

Wait- the GBP is an accessory? I was reading comments and it sounded like an entire non transformable valk.

17 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I hear you man, I myself couldnt justify buying the whole VF-1D for the fan racer, so I didnt, I know I will regret that decision, but at least i saved some money

Right? I have a little saved but I'm having this weird panic where it builds up and about every 3 days I say I'm just gonna buy it, and then I come back to the computer and look at it and it just doesn't balance out and I close the page because I think I can do better (like its a girl lol:D)

17 hours ago, F360 said:

There's always the option of buying the 1D to get the fan racer and then resale the left over VF-1D:unknw:

Thats just kinda evil lol... also I dont think anyone who has seen the set will settle without a pretty good chunk off the price, and I dont wanna pay 100 for the fan racer. If this thing was cheaper I would probably bite the bullet. 

Edited by Syro
spelled word wrong

1 hour ago, Syro said:

Wait- the GBP is an accessory? I was reading comments and it sounded like an entire non transformable valk.

A non-transformable valk would be an odd move, given how much Bandai has invested in making transformable ones. What they displayed a few months ago was armor on transforming Hikaru 1J, Max 1J, and Roy 1S valks. Bandai has three options for how they could release the armor (assuming they will):

1. Release the armor as an accessory for the VF-1J Hikaru we got two years ago
  2. Reissue the VF-1J Hikaru, then release the armor as an accessory that will work with either one
  3. Package the armor with a VF-1J Hikaru reissue (what was done for the Hi-Metal R line)

33 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

A non-transformable valk would be an odd move, given how much Bandai has invested in making transformable ones. What they displayed a few months ago was armor on transforming Hikaru 1J, Max 1J, and Roy 1S valks. Bandai has three options for how they could release the armor (assuming they will):

2. Reissue the VF-1J Hikaru, then release the armor as an accessory that will work with either one
  3. Package the armor with a VF-1J Hikaru reissue (what was done for the Hi-Metal R line)

4. Release the armor as a TWE and then put up a TWE lottery the following month for a VF-1J Hikaru grey goggle replacement head. 

21 hours ago, Syro said:

Weird, I felt compelled to get one for some reason as well.

Guess maybe I've never had a 1D in my collection apart from a 1/72 Bandai transformable kit I built (made a mess of it) 35 yrs ago.

45 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Given how Bandai is, I suspect  it will most probably be 3. :( 

2 hours ago, jemC said:

Given how Bandai is, I suspect  it will most probably be 3. :( 

Very likely 3. The displayed demo GBP armors are all color matched with specific valks: 1J Hikaru with default colors, 1J Max with very blue armor, and 1S Focker with yellow and green. Quite a pain with each armor set are sold separately, yet need buyers and retails to not make any mistake on getting the correct match. So more likely they will be sold as valk + armor set package instead.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

So I guess we'll are screwed  pay pal will not do anything bank says they cant help.

Dam out money and superpack. I told paypal you let us make purchases through you but this guy must have had multiple complaints why is his account still active.

I guess its first time for every thing.

So is my only option Ebay to try and find super packs.?

Edited by moose

11 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

10 hours ago, crackpot said:

4. Release the armor as a TWE and then put up a TWE lottery the following month for a VF-1J Hikaru grey goggle replacement head. 

5. Release each armor piece separately with a Gundam toy so that you have to buy six Gundam toys you wouldn't ordinarily purchase to get each leg, arm, chest and back pieces, then sell the grey goggle piece as a TWE for 5000 yen.

11 minutes ago, vladykins said:

5. Release each armor piece separately with a Gundam toy so that you have to buy six Gundam toys you wouldn't ordinarily purchase to get each leg, arm, chest and back pieces, then sell the grey goggle piece as a TWE for 5000 yen.

That math adds up!:lol:

Really good deal from Tenso if you buy from Mercari (first time customers only).

They're offering ¥10,000 free shipping on 1 single shipment if it contains 1 item from Mercari.

On a quick search on Mercari and I found a DX VF-1S Roy for ¥25,000, but I didn't check what the local postage fee was. Buyee estimated DHL shipping was ~¥6,000 to AU, but probably more due to dimension weight. Surely not greater than ¥10,000.

I was highly tempted to get a 2nd Roy, but I just can't afford it.

Hopefully this helps others.

https://media.buyee.jp/campaign/mercari210112/en/?fromtenso=1&rc=210112_tenso_shippingfeeoff_sdb&mrc1=tenso&mrc2=MercariCP210112_tenso&mrc3=sdb_MercariCP210112_tenso_en

Edited by eggy99

On 1/17/2021 at 10:35 PM, crackpot said:

20 hours ago, vladykins said:

I was trying to stay optimistic with my list, but we are dealing with Bandai, so maybe it will be a combo of #4 and #5, where you have to gather all of the pieces through purchasing Gundam toys, then the grey goggle head is a TWE lottery item that they unexpectedly announce at a Tamashii Nations event--with less than 24 hours before the pre-order window opens.

11 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I was trying to stay optimistic with my list, but we are dealing with Bandai, so maybe it will be a combo of #4 and #5, where you have to gather all of the pieces through purchasing Gundam toys, then the grey goggle head is a TWE lottery item that they unexpectedly announce at a Tamashii Nations event--with less than 24 hours before the pre-order window opens.

I'm thinking you have to win in the Thunderdome to get one.

29 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Bandai reads your post and is all:

Shut up and take my like! | Shut Up And Take My Money! | Know Your Meme

14 minutes ago, Actar said:

Looks like the 1D is still available on P-Bandai? What's the cheapest way to get one?

Technically, the cheapest way to get any web exclusive stuff directly from Japan is to live in Japan.

The cheapest I'm assuming if you don't know anyone who lives in Japan to buy it for you is to go proxy route if the other shop who offers P-Bandai stuff doesn't have it.