Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Excellent.  I hope we get the VE-1 and Cannon Fodder at some point.  

Low Viz Woodland, Low Viz Color, and Stealth would also please me and destroy my bank account :)

They should pull a Yamato and release giant gift sets (with SSP) as well as stand alone.  I have no clue what I would do with my Yamato's after that tho haha

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
I like toys

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Excellent.  I hope we get the VE-1 and Cannon Fodder at some point.  

Low Viz Woodland, Low Viz Color, and Stealth would also please me and destroy my bank account :)

They should pull a Yamato and release giant gift sets (with SSP) as well as stand alone.  I have no clue what I would do with my Yamato's after that tho haha

Umm... Low Vis offerings and the Stealth are possibly a no go @spacemanoeuvres, since that Bandai wants it canon to the series. CF is most likely with possibly Alaska Base and Virgin Road if Bandai does go ahead with it. 

Right now, we're stuck with the Yammie 1/48 variants for now, or unless there's a TWE DX offering for those obscure versions.   

Edit: A possible DX VE-1?? Like what you mentioned; Where are we going to do with the Yamacadia ones? :p

Edited by borgified

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Umm... Low Vis offerings and the Stealth are possibly a no go @spacemanoeuvres, since that Bandai wants it canon to the series. CF is most likely with possibly Alaska Base and Virgin Road if Bandai does go ahead with it. 

Right now, we're stuck with the Yammie 1/48 variants for now, or unless there's a TWE DX offering for those obscure versions.   

Edit: A possible DX VE-1?? Like what you mentioned; Where are we going to do with the Yamacadia ones? :p

That's cool.  I'm relatively happy with my squads of low viz valks.  Virgin Road and Alaska base would be cool.

Is there a 1/48 VE-1?  I want to say I've seen conversion kits but not 100%

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

When Bandai finally decided on selling those colored GBP's they've shown a few months ago, it's not canon anymore to the series. ;) 

43 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They won't be selling those.

Who knows. Bandai's known for showing lots of stuff, canon or non-canon and not producing it in the end. But I'm pretty sure if that gets released, it's going to be the TWE route. ;) 

29 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember, yamato non canon variants sold poorly, part of the reason Yamato went the kit route. Bandai does non canon stuff too though.. like their Focker inspired themes on other vehicles.

Which are the HMR VF-4 and the DX YF-29 Roy tributes. I personally like the HMR VF-4 Roy more than the YF-29 (it's the headsculpt with that unicorn horn that irks me more). 

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Is there a 1/48 VE-1?  I want to say I've seen conversion kits but not 100%

Yamato didn't make the VE-1 in 1/48.  Only seen custom projects iike this.

Edited by wmkjr
added link

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Remember, yamato non canon variants sold poorly, part of the reason Yamato went the kit route. Bandai does non canon stuff too though.. like their Focker inspired themes on other vehicles.

VF-1S Messer's theme FTW! :yahoo: 

5 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Fans: When we getting Cannon Fodders?

Bandai: We've listened to fans and will release the VF-1EX series next! Mirage version (General release). Hayate version (TWE)! Why? Cuz we can!:p

I don't mind those 1EX trainers in DX form since there's no sign of any Macross HMR's. But I just have to get one. If Mirage's red is not matching Hikaru's red, then I'll just go with Hayate's model. :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Wow that is a great price. You even get sales tax deducted from that as well (23,364 JPY). If only...

Man, I never figured out how to use Amazon JP from the states. It always seemed like my address wasn't valid. I'm also just inept.

1 minute ago, Roi_Fokka said:

Man, I never figured out how to use Amazon JP from the states. It always seemed like my address wasn't valid. I'm also just inept.

It was pretty straightforward in my case, just make sure you have the language set to English and read what the entry fields are.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

large.A7494A6C-3177-469C-9CE8-6EBCE1BC164E.jpeg.bc037158c6c553750ccc7cf030ba2245.jpeg

Would the rifle sling be made out of leather or synthetic?  

It looks like they made it appear to be leather, but what animal would it be harvested from?

Humans didn't have tech to supersize cattle in SDFM, so did they ran whale skin or something?

45 minutes ago, peter said:

Would the rifle sling be made out of leather or synthetic?  

It looks like they made it appear to be leather, but what animal would it be harvested from?

Humans didn't have tech to supersize cattle in SDFM, so did they ran whale skin or something?

Whale Scrotum

On 1/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, so the arms WILL NOT tab in and hold the gunpod level.  They just flat out don't do it.  They are designed to hold it pointed up at the underside of the nose, because BANDAI.

You have to bend the arms so they drop entirely free of those pegs before the gunpod will sit level with super packs.

I figured out why bandai's super parts design hold the gunpod at such a wonky angle.  They made the gunpod extra thicc first, without thinking about super parts fighter mode with the landing gear out.  If they had given the DX "normal" arm units with a straight gunpod mount, the extra large DX gunpod would impact the ground, and the super valkyrie would be unable to sit on its landing gear.

Keep in mind, I'm not defending bandai here at all.  It was a dumb decision that I disagree with.  Just another tiny nitpick that prevents me from declaring the DX the "ultimate" VF-1 toy over the Yamcadia 1/60 V2.  I would say Yamcadia appreciates fighter / battroid 50/50, while Bandai has a clear preference for battroid.

2 hours ago, frankell05 said:

can you order from tamashii nations form the US?

You can use DEjapan, I used them to get my TV supers, I paid 8800yen for them when I 1st ordered, they charged me 600yen fees and 1800yen EMS shipping to Singapore, not sure if they can do other types of shipping, but you can always email them. They are very responsive and I was surprised how little on top of the actual price they charged me.

56 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

You can use DEjapan, I used them to get my TV supers, I paid 8800yen for them when I 1st ordered, they charged me 600yen fees and 1800yen EMS shipping to Singapore, not sure if they can do other types of shipping, but you can always email them. They are very responsive and I was surprised how little on top of the actual price they charged me.

Thanks for the info!