Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 hours ago, ps99042 said:

Here's a crazy question but has anyone that ordered Kakizaki from NY actually received it yet?  I paid to upgrade shipping to UPS but now they ignore requests.for an update.  I just did a live chat and they tell me my item will ship when it is release so I pointed out it was released in August so they forwarded a message supposedly to their fulfillment team.

I ordered the Kaki from NY when it first went up for pre-order and they shipped it to me shortly after it released with no issues. I also received my strike parts from NY without issues last year. I personally never had a problem with NY not shipping my stuff to Canada, but the Kaki will most likely be my last purchase from them because of all the horror stories in this forum. It does appear that NY is going down the crapper.

4 minutes ago, frankell05 said:

Ummmmm.......

On 12/23/2020 at 4:36 PM, Slave IV said:

22 minutes ago, frankell05 said:

There are ton of pages about the VF-1D pre-order, you just need to go back some pages or use the search feature :)

6 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Nippon Yassan saying they didn't receive their TV super parts.

Anyone else hear anything else?

I hate to break it to you but I don’t think you’re getting those SSP

11 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Nippon Yassan saying they didn't receive their TV super parts.

Anyone else hear anything else?

I have pre-ordered 4 SSP in 2019. So far, no news. I have contacted support, opened many tickets, no update.

Then I have pre-ordered 4 SSP in 2020. So far, no news also. They keep asking me to open a new ticket, in order the support reply to my previous ticket.

I needed to open a ticket so that they reply to my previous ticket. That is CRAZY !

NY is just a thief...

I picked up another Roy on Amazon. 24,000JY shipped to my proxy. I’ll probably ship via surface because I have to make room so the spouse doesn’t notice another box hehe

i have no clue where I’m going to put the three vf-1d I ordered. Need a bigger house. 

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I picked up another Roy on Amazon. 24,000JY shipped to my proxy. I’ll probably ship via surface because I have to make room so the spouse doesn’t notice another box hehe

i have no clue where I’m going to put the three vf-1d I ordered. Need a bigger house. 

The current price and availability of Roy compared to previous releases is raising some questions for me. Did they make more this time? Is he not as popular? Is it because this is a TV variant instead of DYRL? Will Bandai make less next time? Where I've landed at the moment is that this kinda feels "just about right" with respect to Bandai, where if you missed out during PO Madness you can still easily get one after release on the secondary market at a price that isn't completely ridiculous. I'd love to have the kind of availability and pricing we used to get with Yamato (insert the usual commentary about their poor business decisions here), but since that's not going to happen, maybe this is the new normal now that Bandai has several DX releases under their belt. Perhaps they're relatively dialed in to market demand and we don't have to stress so much during PO Madness. Unless you're an adrenaline junkie like @DYRL VF-1S and you live for the thrill of the hunt. :p

4 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

The current price and availability of Roy compared to previous releases is raising some questions for me. Did they make more this time? Is he not as popular? Is it because this is a TV variant instead of DYRL? Will Bandai make less next time? Where I've landed at the moment is that this kinda feels "just about right" with respect to Bandai, where if you missed out during PO Madness you can still easily get one after release on the secondary market at a price that isn't completely ridiculous. I'd love to have the kind of availability and pricing we used to get with Yamato (yeah, but they went out of business!!!), but since that's not going to happen, maybe this is the new normal now that Bandai has several DX releases under their belt. Perhaps they're relatively dialed in to market demand and we don't have to stress so much during PO Madness. Unless you're an adrenaline junkie like @DYRL VF-1S and you live for the thrill of the hunt. :p

Sorry, as a registered and verified small arse I had to.:p

Yeah, about the availability of Roy. Another factor is COVID. How many people have tightened their purse strings? I know I have. I know my customers have.

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, about the availability of Roy. Another factor is COVID. How many people have tightened their purse strings? I know I have. I know my customers have.

Good point on COVID. It's made collecting more difficult for everyone. And I figured someone would quickly fill my Yamato bad-business-decisions placeholder. :good: Their approach wasn't sustainable, but Bandai has been at the other end of the spectrum. Maybe they're a bit closer to the middle now. Or this Roy release is a freak occurrence. It's probably safer to assume each release is going to be a bloodbath and plan accordingly, but I'm trying to find some kind of silver lining in the lower price and greater availability for Roy....

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I think this is a significant contributing factor. So many people out of work or cutting back just in case. 

There are roys to be had for ~22,500JY if you are patient. I paid far too much for my backup at mykombini. Definitely would have waited if I knew demand would be this low. 

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I think this is a significant contributing factor. So many people out of work or cutting back just in case. 

There are roys to be had for ~22,500JY if you are patient. I paid far too much for my backup at mykombini. Definitely would have waited if I knew demand would be this low. 

Also the release of the VF-1D as a pay up front web exclusive at the same time that the VF-1S Roy is coming available on the secondary market could be impacting collecting budgets.

46 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Good point on COVID. It's made collecting more difficult for everyone. And I figured someone would quickly fill my Yamato bad-business-decisions placeholder. :good: Their approach wasn't sustainable, but Bandai has been at the other end of the spectrum. Maybe they're a bit closer to the middle now. Or this Roy release is a freak occurrence. It's probably safer to assume each release is going to be a bloodbath and plan accordingly, but I'm trying to find some kind of silver lining in the lower price and greater availability for Roy....

41 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Also the release of the VF-1D as a pay up front web exclusive at the same time that the VF-1S Roy is coming available on the secondary market could be impacting collecting budgets.

I think we have one of those "perfect storm" moments going on with Roy. A lot of contributing factors.

The VF-1D release will be an interesting data point. Certainly not a X to X comparison. But if both of them, sold two different ways, and arguably not having the same popularity end up both being available for fair money for a long time after release we may be looking at a new trend. A trend that may be sticking around for a while. I don't see the economic impact from COVID changing any time soon. Or, maybe getting worse.

Another factor, or COVID sub-factor is shipping costs. How many people were alreday stretching it thin to get a DX and decided that DHL was too much money? It's not a huge swing ($20-30). But, if you're alreday stretching it.....Yeah, they could choose boat. I get why people don't though. I myself am not a fan. Especially since COVID when USPS decided to finish imploding (I'm at three lost packages now).

So, contacted NY about 2 TV armor sets I ordered. They said they haven’t received them. I asked for refund and crickets. Contacted PayPal, they said it’s 184 days so past their window.

contacted my credit card, they gave me credit for both and said they would file chargeback.

SMH I’m tired of NY. Not using them any longer after 100’s of transactions. 
funny thing is I ordered sets from anime export same day n received both. 

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

The current price and availability of Roy compared to previous releases is raising some questions for me. Did they make more this time? Is he not as popular? Is it because this is a TV variant instead of DYRL? Will Bandai make less next time? Where I've landed at the moment is that this kinda feels "just about right" with respect to Bandai, where if you missed out during PO Madness you can still easily get one after release on the secondary market at a price that isn't completely ridiculous. I'd love to have the kind of availability and pricing we used to get with Yamato (insert the usual commentary about their poor business decisions here), but since that's not going to happen, maybe this is the new normal now that Bandai has several DX releases under their belt. Perhaps they're relatively dialed in to market demand and we don't have to stress so much during PO Madness. Unless you're an adrenaline junkie like @DYRL VF-1S and you live for the thrill of the hunt. :p

Honestly, I hope for us all that PO madness subsides a bit. (But yes, I LOVE the thrill :spiteful:)

2 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

So, contacted NY about 2 TV armor sets I ordered. They said they haven’t received them. I asked for refund and crickets. Contacted PayPal, they said it’s 184 days so past their window.

contacted my credit card, they gave me credit for both and said they would file chargeback.

SMH I’m tired of NY. Not using them any longer after 100’s of transactions. 
funny thing is I ordered sets from anime export same day n received both. 

I’ve always wondered what PP does when you charge them back. Can you keep us updated? Thanks!

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Honestly, I hope for us all that PO madness subsides a bit. (But yes, I LOVE the thrill :spiteful:)

I love and hate the PO madness. I was upset to see Roy disappear but it followed with that adrenaline rush when I still hit it with Luna Park about 3:00am-ish. Nailing a 1D with AE so easy this time felt weird when I couldn't touch a Roy at AE (page went from not available yet to sold out in one refresh for me), but then the TWE has been always easier that I've seen (I could find a Kaki if I wanted for awhile after PO night). That thrill when you score is tough to give up.