Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Just wait for the GBP-1S it should come with one.  That's what I am doing.  No need for that overpriced valk.

Anyone else see a picture yesterday of a DYRL strike Max 1S? I saw a link to it on a Facebook page that went to a twitter. It seemed like an odd choice, if it was real. I don't think there WAS a strike Max 1S. Wasn't the last we saw of him in the movie in a non-armored one s before he ended up getting unmicronized and getting his own queadlunn rau? Anyway my memory could be faulty.

1 minute ago, lavinrac said:

Anyone else see a picture yesterday of a DYRL strike Max 1S? I saw a link to it on a Facebook page that went to a twitter. It seemed like an odd choice, if it was real. I don't think there WAS a strike Max 1S. Wasn't the last we saw of him in the movie in a non-armored one s before he ended up getting unmicronized and getting his own queadlunn rau? Anyway my memory could be faulty.

Your memory is correct. A strike max would not be canon (despite having a big-ass cannon). There are a number of custom DX Max 1S (repainted Hikaru 1S) running around, some with weathering even, and yeah, I might throw some SSP on mine just for fun :D

6 minutes ago, Big said:

Has anyone else got loose Gerwalk rotation joints above the knee cap?

They are extremely loose on my VF-1S Roy.

I'm assuming you mean the joint allowing the lower leg to rotate for a good splayed stance, and I do believe some of mine are that way as well.

I don't think Bandai has ever quite figured out a good way to make these joints.  Worst example was the VF-171, where the entire leg rotated on a hollow plastic pin around a metal spring pin.

2 hours ago, lavinrac said:

It was a 1/100 scale mode kit that was posted.

1 hour ago, Big said:

Has anyone else got loose Gerwalk rotation joints above the knee cap?

They are extremely loose on my VF-1S Roy.

Yup.

I have 3 DX Roys, one is loose to the point where the legs splay out on their own, and the other two are loose as well, but tight enough they can at least hold a pose.

12 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

Somebody lucked out and got a 1S Roy for 20k on Mandarake. I wonder what was wrong with it. I'd buy one for that price even with a beat up box. They paid maybe $250 after shipping?

Screenshot_20210107-165659_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Look carefully : this is a used item, with no more detailed information. You may expect some good or not really good surprises...

3 hours ago, manfred17 said:

Look carefully : this is a used item, with no more detailed information. You may expect some good or not really good surprises...

Used item at Mandarake is usually an Excellent condition item unless they specifically mention an issue with the figure. If you don't care about the open box then it is a great deal, I have seen a couple of times the 20k price.

Here's a crazy question but has anyone that ordered Kakizaki from NY actually received it yet?  I paid to upgrade shipping to UPS but now they ignore requests.for an update.  I just did a live chat and they tell me my item will ship when it is release so I pointed out it was released in August so they forwarded a message supposedly to their fulfillment team.

Edited by ps99042

3 hours ago, betocc said:

Used item at Mandarake is usually an Excellent condition item unless they specifically mention an issue with the figure. If you don't care about the open box then it is a great deal, I have seen a couple of times the 20k price.

Yes. I ordered my 1J recently. Mandarake said box damage but when I received it, only a small nick on the opening flap that I don't really mind.

But to fussy collectors who want perfect boxes, then they will say that it is badly damage.

@manfred17 -  Used items from Manda are usually in excellent shape just like what @betocc and @jemC has mentioned. If there are flaws, Manda discloses it and lists the damages.

If the box of the item mentions heavily damaged, it means scratched, dinged, creased or the corners worn out. If Manda says severely box damaged on the listing, then the box is extremely worn out, box beaten to snot, creased, visible rips and very worn out bashed in corners.

If there are any tiffs about your stuff from Manda, they will work out an solution with you to get the issue sorted out and hopefully that you have supporting documents to help out. 

Jungle on the other hand has three listings: Sealed (untouched and straight from the factory), Grade A: Brand new in box, Grade B: Opened and displayed. However Grade B sometimes is a flag: Hidden damages not seen, items maybe fixed due to damages, dis-colouration, etc... and sometimes not listed. You have to ask Jungle for more details and hope that it doesn't get swiped at the same time.

Amiami has listed their stuff as follows: Item A, Box B and down the list it goes.

Here's the list stated below:

"Notice Regarding Pre-Owned Item

Please confirm the following conditions of pre-owned items before placing order.

- Product image
Pictures and images are not photographs of actual products. Please find the Condition Rank about the state of the products for your reference.

- Condition Rank of the products.

A: Item is sealed and is unopened or appears to be unopened.
A-: Item is not sealed but appears to be unopened.
B+: Item has been opened but no damage is visible. All bundled items are included.
B: Item has been opened and minor dirt or damage is visible. All bundled items are included.
C: Opened item with conspicuous damage. Sub parts may be missing.
J: Main item or main parts are missing, severely damaged, and/or having problem with operation.

-Condition Ranking for Package

A: No damage to the box is visible.
B: Some damage to the box is visible.
C: Box is clearly damaged.
N: No box/packaging is included. (item is loose)

-Leaflet, application ticket, code such as download codes, batteries, candy toy, are not guaranteed to be included with the item or not being used.

-The figure which is released in several years ago might become sticky due to its material. Please note that we are not providing item exchange service.

-The cardboard box for transportation is not included."

Just a thought here...

We all know for sure that bandai will release the DX Roy DYRL Version some day. (based on the black skull emblem included in the SSP set)
For some of you who bought more than 1 DX TV Roy recently, will you consider getting another DX Movie Roy? There may be some differences here and there on the tampo print and I'm not surprise that they will do something to the head sculpt. But will you pay full price or go through another po madness for these differences, assuming if you already have more than 1 tv Roy? One to display as tv ver and another in movie ver, regardless canon or not.

Edited by Toonz

45 minutes ago, Toonz said:

Just a thought here...

We all know for sure that bandai will release the DX Roy DYRL Version some day. (based on the black skull emblem included in the SSP set)
For some of you who bought more than 1 DX TV Roy recently, will you consider getting another DX Movie Roy? There may be some differences here and there on the tampo print and I'm not surprise that they will do something to the head sculpt. But will you pay full price or go through another po madness for these differences, assuming if you already have more than 1 tv Roy? One to display as tv ver and another in movie ver, regardless canon or not.

I have three TV Roy’s.

If I didn’t already have three custom DYRL Roy’s, yes, I would get DYRL Roy’s when released.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, jvmacross said:

Before or after shipping?  What was the shipping cost from Buyee?

I have seen some "deals" on YJS...such as this one....https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/puremiamuserekuto_4573102605023/category/?searchHis=1

But I have no idea what the shipping cost is domestically and for international....so hard to say if it really is a good deal or not... :unknw:

The Valk was $249 including Buyee service fees, Shipping was like 58 via DHL.. Roughly 310 is was  I paid. Amazon's Global shipping would have been much less. On a side note, I got the valk in not even 3 days using DHL.

5 hours ago, Toonz said:

Just a thought here...

I'm only focusing on the DX TV stuff, but I think I'd stick with the TV Roy anyway just to avoid the reversed modex number.

6 hours ago, Toonz said:

Just a thought here...

100%. Absolutely be getting DYRL Roy if I'm able. I actually love PO madness. Total adrenaline rush, and I've been fortunate enough to score for every single one post 1J release (and Hikkie DYRL I scored an extra MSRP on release day). Now, when my luck runs out, I might feel differently.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:56 PM, eggy99 said:

yep, has been posted previously. :good:

There were some clearer shots shown of the 1J Hikaru GBP, 1J Max GBP and 1S Focker GBP.

Anyone have the clearer shots or know which one of 600+ pages back it was posted on? Curious to see the GBPs.

B6D73487-F4A0-4EB5-AD28-8D5F858ACAF9.thumb.jpeg.79639379e74e23b6ca62a234ded2dce9.jpeg

Edited by Brodie53