Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 12/27/2020 at 10:34 PM, jvmacross said:

Still available at a limit of 6 per order....

https://p-bandai.jp/cart/?returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ftamashii.jp%2Fitem_character%2Fmacross_series%2F

I think the re-sellers are backing off of this one....thinking the glut of VF-1S Focker's currently collecting dust on AJ and YJA made them think twice....

Which could have an effect on how many actually get made by Bandai....that could lead to a higher price for it in the future if those numbers are pretty low

damn, I missed this.  would've bought 6.

On 1/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, mantisfists said:

IMG_7702.thumb.jpeg.43022a181b99dad47a347eebb7e39735.jpeg

Dang, that wash looks great. Really brings a new dimension to the piece. I might do this to mine. How much of a pita was it? I'm guessing you took it apart? Did you clear coat it afterwards? I'd love more details on the process.

9 hours ago, Rogueload said:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but it Luna Park legit for DX purchases? 

I pre-ordered Roy from them in July.  They sent me a tracking number on Nov 30th, but it took them until tonight to ship.  I should have Roy on Thursday.  Everyone else here I have spoken to got their DX much sooner.  So I am not sure what went wrong with my order, but at least they did send it. 

12 hours ago, ryebot said:

Dang, that wash looks great. Really brings a new dimension to the piece. I might do this to mine. How much of a pita was it? I'm guessing you took it apart? Did you clear coat it afterwards? I'd love more details on the process.

Hey, thanks. It actually wasn't that bad.  It took a few hours.  Since I'd never used this wash before (and the only other wash I'd done was a pastel wash 15 or so years ago) I did the removable chest side panels first to get a feel for it. Was super easy.  I did it in stages. Started in fighter mode with the wings and stabilizers.  Once those were dried and wiped, did the main body.  From there, I did separate the legs from the upper body via the body swivel clasp, but that was the extent of my disassembly.  I did kind of a half way transformation of the upper body just to expose everything and got the rest from there.  I didn't use any kind of finish or coat to seal it. I probably should have taped the canopy but I just opened it to keep it out of the way and it worked out fine for me.  The beautiful thing with that Flory wash is that any mistakes I made, I could wipe away with normal tap water.  The TV hands look like crap. But, I wanted to use them anyway to get the good booty pic. The gaps in between the fingers were too wide for the wash to look good in.  I think I'll go back over them with a pen.  It's not perfect by any means, but I'm very happy with how it turned out, and me being able to say that, I believe, is a testament to how easy and fun the process was.  I had a blast doing it.  I can definitely see how some of these guys can get so into customizing their valks.  

Edited by mantisfists

Hey everyone:

I got my three orders refunded today from Nippon Yasan after filing my PayPal dispute about a month ago.  I just wanted to see if anyone else has DX VF-1S Roy’s not shipping and to let you know that you will get you refund as long as you didn’t let NY run out the clock by paying the pre-order so early that you exceed the PayPal deadline for disputes.  They refunded me for 2 Roy’s, extra shipping, and the TV Super Parts.

If yours did ship, then I am happy some got them.  Take care.

Edited by Ridden001
Changed “to” to “the”

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

...Am I the only one who can't see enphily's gif? I just get some weird 404 page in Cyrillic.

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

I don't see them either...not sure what attachment type is.

Sorry for that. I can see it from my phone but it doesn't work on my desktop. strange

5 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Can you see this?

thank you for fixing my gif!:friends:

8 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

Hey everyone:

I got my three orders refunded today from Nippon Yasan after filing my PayPal dispute about a month ago.  I just wanted to see if anyone else has DX VF-1S Roy’s not shipping and to let you know that you will get you refund as long as you didn’t let NY run out the clock by paying the pre-order so early that you exceed the PayPal deadline for disputes.  They refunded me for 2 Roy’s, extra shipping, and the TV Super Parts.

If yours did ship, then I am happy some got them.  Take care.

I am only a couple days from the 180 day PayPal cutoff. Anyone have their super parts order shipped from NY? Heck, anyone even get their Roy shipped or is NY basically a lost cause at this point?