Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Is there any point to having PayPal as an extra layer?

Never had any real issue doing chargebacks through my credit cards directly.

for me its' mostly the same as @Anasazi37,,   

I do not trust some stores.<_<

Also using PayPal for payment on preorders will avoid your discounted preorder getting Cancel due to supposedly "Declined".

Some stores that starts with a "N" will not honor your preorder price when your creditcard gets Declined... and will just cancel you preorder.. .:angry:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Mine came yesterday from amazon japan along with my tv super parts, ordered this past sunday 5861C214-A713-424F-9291-9730282A4C0E.thumb.jpeg.731bd75370997a7ecd82fd190777e7d6.jpeg

@RedComet - Ooohh.. As the adage goes: "Hell as no fury than a women scorned". :vava:

@jvmacross - That price is a steal however they don't send it to Canada.. After one month of the actual release, you think that Amazon.jp will offer shipping to Canada via DHL (not even the 3rd parties are offering it either)?? 

Nope.. They give us the slap in the face instead.    

13 hours ago, borgified said:

That price is a steal however they don't send it to Canada.. After one month of the actual release, you think that Amazon.jp will offer shipping to Canada via DHL (not even the 3rd parties are offering it either)?? 

Nope.. They give us the slap in the face instead.    

It was available to Canada just after release. Got mine for 25,273 yen (after sales tax, total of 29,428 yen including DHL shipping/customs tax). Though it seems that the price right now is less since then so it's a bummer that it's not available for outside (or at least to Canada) shipping.

Just finished giving Max's 1A a wash.  Thanks to Lolicon for the Flory wash suggestion.  Very happy with the results.  Cue the BeeGees.....

IMG_7695.thumb.jpeg.50c804b9b7e9baf12d4c452a0a3cccb0.jpeg

...or Cardi-B....

IMG_7696.thumb.jpeg.4f8f79baac3a0ebfd26c4f48ecc0d227.jpeg

You can look but don't touch.  

IMG_7697.thumb.jpeg.41361c44aa3830817e58162e6b362fe5.jpeg

Max's milkshake bring the Meltran to the yard, and they're like "It's better than yours".

*edit* You're welcome for that little ear worm, Macrossworld.  Don't say I never contributed anything. :P

I'm sorry, but this is what the DXs are supposed to look like.  I really wish Bandai had done this themselves (much like Kitzconcept does) or, at the very least, offered a Premium Finish version.  I don't have the best lighting, so the pics don't do it justice....nor did I do a fantastic job....but, the panel lines just make the DX look fantastic, in my opinion.

IMG_7700.thumb.jpeg.076d17ac9c1199faae78e8bb7d12c5df.jpeg

IMG_7701.thumb.jpeg.8899092fbc8b008541d491767228fcf5.jpeg

IMG_7702.thumb.jpeg.43022a181b99dad47a347eebb7e39735.jpeg

Even sitting in his clamshell, Max absolutely pops

IMG_7704.thumb.jpeg.5d29c3d8d75f66f5e9e17023c87a27dc.jpeg

I was honestly more than a little underwhelmed with the DX line.  While I was getting at least one of every release (so far), I was really only doing it because I didn't want to have to sell my wife and daughter's cars if I decided to get them later and I figured if I decided to just stick with the Yamies (which are still great), I could simply sell them off and be none the worse off.  But, the DX, with the tampo printing AND the wash?  Man...it makes my heart flutter every time I glance at it (maybe my wife is right to hate these things).  I still prefer Yamato's more flat finish to Bandai's gloss, but other than that.....wow.  What a difference.  I can't imagine what Lolicon's, RedComet's and the other resident customizers' work looks like in person.

Edited by mantisfists

4 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

It was available to Canada just after release. Got mine for 25,273 yen (after sales tax, total of 29,428 yen including DHL shipping/customs tax). Though it seems that the price right now is less since then so it's a bummer that it's not available for outside (or at least to Canada) shipping.

I did see it then however I didn't bite on it as it was still too much for me then. Now its freaking impossible... :bigshok:

@mantisfists - Love to see one done with the Hammer pants on Max! "Can't touch this. Stop... Hammer time!" :lol: