Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Don't know how long this will be up, but the 1D is available for pre-order via proxy @ cdjapan.

Limit 3 per household...my total for 1 was $313.13 all in with 0 reward pts. used and DHL service.

Thanks for the heads up!

It is as good as you can get for a DX VF-1D....pretty sure that will be the going rate once it gets released....only thing that would beat the price would be the return of "lower" shipping options...

Luckily, I have already secured all of mine and should be able to get a better shipping cost once I have them all consolidated into a single package

1 hour ago, claude grant said:

Don't know how long this will be up, but the 1D is available for pre-order via proxy @ cdjapan.

Limit 3 per household...my total for 1 was $313.13 all in with 0 reward pts. used and DHL service.

Just a heads up.  :huh:

their shipping weight for the VF-1d doesn't look right.  expect to received additional shipping cost email near release date.  

image.thumb.png.0e72ff5623af7939b65ddfccca0b8994.png

also Cdjapan is one of the few places that is currently  charging an arm and leg to ship a DX Chogokin VF-1 by Fedex/DHL

below is their shipping for the VF-1S Roy.:wacko:

image.thumb.png.3534cc155e054d902520610ec29a3d51.png

Got my stickers from Anasazi37 today, in record time. They look good and were packed well between pieces of cardboard inside a flat mailer. I guess that got it sorted into the flat mail that USPS is actually delivering still with our bills. Glad it wasn't in a box I might not see it next Christmas :D

Anyhow they look great. I have only put one on so far but man replacing that 100 with a 001 was just absolute Bliss!

thanks!!!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Supers came in so it was time to set up a TV Hikaru 1S (still needs canopy stickers)! Come on VF-1D and GBP! We're going for a DX Hikaru lockout here!

IMG_8086.thumb.JPG.7794c8adfbbd69977b1d162cba589fd6.JPG

IMG_8087.thumb.JPG.ed3b437175e791d031d0c3521433fe6f.JPG

Yums! And one day, a super O too!? And a Spartan for the full hikaru treatment :lol:

you need a bigger shelf!

GBP next August or Christmas perhaps!

27 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yums! And one day, a super O too!? And a Spartan for the full hikaru treatment :lol:

you need a bigger shelf!

GBP next August or Christmas perhaps!

I would welcome more Hikaru stuff so I could add another shelf....and fill it. VF-1D in two modes, VF-4 in two modes, TV VF-1S in two modes (maybe three). Bring on that VF-1D, Super O and GBP bandai!!!

4rwgzu.thumb.jpg.c8b6910883d931f1efcbd52da24e6085.jpg

Edited by sqidd

4 hours ago, lavinrac said:

Got my stickers from Anasazi37 today, in record time. They look good and were packed well between pieces of cardboard inside a flat mailer. I guess that got it sorted into the flat mail that USPS is actually delivering still with our bills. Glad it wasn't in a box I might not see it next Christmas :D

Anyhow they look great. I have only put one on so far but man replacing that 100 with a 001 was just absolute Bliss!

thanks!!!

Very glad to hear that they arrived safely and are being put to good use so quickly. I err on the side of making my mailers bomb-proof. Costs a little more to ship sets that way, but they get to their destination in one piece!

This may have been mentioned in previous comments, but it's just a dumb joke so who cares.

Are we taking bets on whether they will tampo Hikaru's name on the cockpit of the VF-1D, igniting a massive continuity war as only Macrossworlders can? 

:lol:

Edited by lavinrac

15 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

This may have been mentioned in previous comments, but it's just a dumb joke so who cares.

Are we taking bets on whether they will tampo Hikaru's name on the cockpit of the VF-1D, igniting a massive continuity war as only Macrossworlders can? 

I figured out the the right fonts for name and rank so if you don't like whatever comes on it you could pay Anasazi to work you up some PVT Gomer Pyle, COL Harland Sanders or MAJ Roy Mustang if you really want to make some continuity errors :p

30 minutes ago, RedComet said:

I figured out the the right fonts for name and rank so if you don't like whatever comes on it you could pay Anasazi to work you up some PVT Gomer Pyle, COL Harland Sanders or MAJ Roy Mustang if you really want to make some continuity errors :p

Pvt Ben Dixon

:diablo:

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

"Minmay" will also be printed on the cockpit, despite Bandai not giving us a Minmay figure that can actually sit in the cockpit. 

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

"Minmay" will also be printed on the cockpit, despite Bandai not giving us a Minmay figure that can actually sit in the cockpit. 

I think I've seen it spelled Minmei and Minmay in official Macross product. Maybe they can spell each way on one side.

Edited by lavinrac
Spelling

3 hours ago, claude grant said:

Thanks for the info F360...I'll keep my eyes posted for any additional charges.

Actually, just checked my acct., and can see that I was charged $312.74 for this order.

So you're saying that some additional fees will be assessed later?

Yes , because their weight is incorrect,  and base on what they are charging for the vf-1s Roy ,  for sure they will ask for additional shipping fee when comes July .

7 hours ago, lavinrac said:

7 hours ago, RedComet said:

Yeah, I'll be prepared to cover up whatever stupidity Bandai has planned for the canopy on the 1D. Their best move would be to leave it blank, but Bandai's motto with tampo seems to be "more is always better," so they'll likely slap something on there. To be consistent with the 1/60 Yamato, 1/72 Hasegawa kit, and the old 1/72 variable kits, something like "PILOT" and "TRAINER" next to each seat in the cockpit would work. It's a generic training aircraft.

23 hours ago, claude grant said:

I wondered how long it would be before someone saw the listing. I sent them a request on Friday and they sent me a link to the listing on Monday. I figured it was worth a shot as they have carried P-Bandai items in the past. Today I received my confirmation of purchase from them. Thanks to jvmacross for the link to P-Bandai site. I was having trouble getting the address to send CDJ.

In other news I received my TV Supers from AE yesterday. They pack really well. Arrived in perfect condition. Only wished I could have placed my VF-1D order though them but I missed the window by eight hours. Hehe. Congrats to everyone who has been able to order one. Now we wait.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:30 PM, F360 said:

Just a heads up.  :huh:

their shipping weight for the VF-1d doesn't look right.  expect to received additional shipping cost email near release date.  

image.thumb.png.0e72ff5623af7939b65ddfccca0b8994.png

also Cdjapan is one of the few places that is currently  charging an arm and leg to ship a DX Chogokin VF-1 by Fedex/DHL

below is their shipping for the VF-1S Roy.:wacko:

image.thumb.png.3534cc155e054d902520610ec29a3d51.png

yeah i have the same problem. my proxy kaki is stuck with CDjapan. funny the 2 TV supers were reasonably estimated via DHL but when i asked the combine KAki with supers they said no. 

and the charges are ridiculous for proxy kaki to upgrade from EMS to DHL or FEDEX.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, lavinrac said:

thanks!!!

Same here, just got them today, thanks again @Anasazi37 for making these available and at very reasonable prices too. Much appreciated! 

My 2 TV Supers are on the way from CDJ, DHL to Oz. 

1 for myself and my workmate. 

CDJ ended up charging me an extra ~¥3K shipping. I’m not going to use CDJ going forward as their DHL fees appear to be higher than other retailers based on feedback on MWF. 

Once EMS and airmail resume I’ll jump back on board with CDJ. 

Edited by eggy99