Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just wanted to say thanks to all on the Luna Park info on the 1D Preorder. NEWCUSTOMER discount really helped with the "Missed Preorder Blues." My confirmation showed 3000 Yen flat shipping cost with 1-2 weeks delivery time to East Coast US in case anyone was still considering going with them. I'm assuming DHL or FedEx. So really not bad methinks.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:20 AM, valhary said:

Why the hell Hikaru is lying down in the fan racer?

Once again Yamato did better and like happens with this line Bandai try to divert the attention of their mediocre work with the tampo 

yamatowins.jpg

Man, if I was Hikaru in the Bandai fan racer, I would've had a raging boner the entire time Minmay was sitting on my lap with how cramped that cockpit looks and the way she'd have to position herself to sit lol.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, F360 said:

Luna Park still have this open 

"Use code NEWCUSTOMER for ¥2000 off"

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version

The holiday was busy for me and this PO totally flew over head, I can't believe I forgot. Thanks for this link, I'll give this vendor a shot.

My gut says this particular valk will have a greater demand than the rest of the 1/48 DXs.

Still available at a limit of 6 per order....

https://p-bandai.jp/cart/?returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ftamashii.jp%2Fitem_character%2Fmacross_series%2F

I think the re-sellers are backing off of this one....thinking the glut of VF-1S Focker's currently collecting dust on AJ and YJA made them think twice....

Which could have an effect on how many actually get made by Bandai....that could lead to a higher price for it in the future if those numbers are pretty low

49 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

https://p-bandai.jp/cart/?returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ftamashii.jp%2Fitem_character%2Fmacross_series%2F

I think the re-sellers are backing off of this one....thinking the glut of VF-1S Focker's currently collecting dust on AJ and YJA made them think twice....

Which could have an effect on how many actually get made by Bandai....that could lead to a higher price for it in the future if those numbers are pretty low

With how tight money is right now for folks, I think that glut's not going away anytime soon. I know with my family's current finances, affording one is out of the question big time.

53 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Trying to remember the 31A pre-orders on TWE/p-bandai, did it stay open on p-bandai's website till the very end?

If i recall it was the other on-line retailers that closed the TWE pre-orders. This is where N-Y slipped up as they left the pre-order on quite a while.

3 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

With how tight money is right now for folks, I think that glut's not going away anytime soon. I know with my family's current finances, affording one is out of the question big time.

Let me play devil's advocate and say that if you made under $60,000 (and are a US taxpayer) you are about to get $600, so you could easily buy two of them. I am not saying that you should, but hey, you could...

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Trying to remember the 31A pre-orders on TWE/p-bandai, did it stay open on p-bandai's website till the very end?

If i recall it was the other on-line retailers that closed the TWE pre-orders. This is where N-Y slipped up as they left the pre-order on quite a while.

I don't think we can use the 31A as a standard for anything, because shop pre-order shenanigans aside, it sounded like Bandai had some serious production problems with them.

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Let me play devil's advocate and say that if you made under $60,000 (and are a US taxpayer) you are about to get $600, so you could easily buy two of them. I am not saying that you should, but hey, you could...

That $600 (both me and my wife's) has to go to our landlord to pay for what we couldn't give her for rent these past several months, and then we still owe her.

But rather than get into a long, complicated explanation that would further derail this topic and reveal much more info than anyone should (or cares to) hear, I'm going to take the opportunity to shut up and exit stage left.

Thanks for having me folks; see ya in the Workshop section.

-pb.

Edited by pengbuzz

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Anyone had their TV super orders at NY make any progress?

I had 6 other 12/23/2020 items ship already from them, but my TV order is still in payment ok status....

I'm still waiting for my Missile Set that shipped from them 2 months ago.  I paid the additional fee to upgrade my shipping  Kakizaki 2 weeks ago but the order still says payment ok.  Prior to me paying for upgraded shipping they responded to my messages within 2 days.  Now it's been about a week but that could be due to Christmas...

3 hours ago, Hoshizora said:

NY has not shipped my TV supers either. They are also silent about it when I raised ticket enquiring about the status of the item. 

I got a reply from NY last Friday. They are waiting to receive the supers stock soon and will start shipping after receiving them.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Seems like they gave us a LOOONG runway with a December preorder for a July Product. Maybe next would be a February preorder for September?

Thanks jenius.

That seems like a pretty good guess.

My lamens guess would be the Max 1J, since we've seen it in the wild.

4 hours ago, Berserker said:

I got a reply from NY last Friday. They are waiting to receive the supers stock soon and will start shipping after receiving them.

Yeah they told me the same thing in September. My SSP have been “preparation in progress” for over three months. 

What's REALLY funny is how life always remembers to smack you directly in the face...Christmas Eve morning...easy, peasy VF-1D pre-order, no muss, no fuss. 6 hours later go to open the garage door to go to Mom's house for Christmas Eve, garage door springs break. THAT'S gonna be about $600 me thinks...*SIGH* *Immediately thinking-- "if I hadn't had pre-ordered that Valk, would this have happened????" <_<

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

What's REALLY funny is how life always remembers to smack you directly in the face...Christmas Eve morning...easy, peasy VF-1D pre-order, no muss, no fuss. 6 hours later go to open the garage door to go to Mom's house for Christmas Eve, garage door springs break. THAT'S gonna be about $600 me thinks...*SIGH* *Immediately thinking-- "if I hadn't had pre-ordered that Valk, would this have happened????" <_<

Or, maybe if you hadn't PO's that 1D the garage would have fell down!:unknw::p

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

My money is on a DYRL VF-1A Max

When Bandai pivots back to DYRL a 1A is what they'll probably do. The mold is there ready for a new coat of paint.... although I dare to dream of a tv angelbird.

Edited by troyness

14 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ooooh gotcha. First time using them though I do recall their dates office is based in Hong Kong

3 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Kurama just shipped my TV Supers

Ditto and yeah it shipped from HK so makes total sense what the delay was. I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

21 minutes ago, troyness said:

When Bandai pivots back to DYRL a 1A is what they'll probably do. The mold is there ready for a new coat of paint.... although I dare to dream of a tv angelbird.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

My money is on a DYRL VF-1A Max

Most likely it’ll be DYRL if they stick to the pattern of two TV then two DYRL. Also they’ve been doing one regular and then one TWE release.

I also think it’ll be Max 1A regular and then Hikaru 1A TWE with Strike or possibly just his skulls to place in separate Strike.

Thanks to Nippon-Yasan f###ing me over on the Super/Strike Parts, I just ordered both the movie version and TV version Super Parts from Amazon Japan. 

Total bill is about $360 including shipping.  *sigh*  I know I am paying WAY above original pre-order pricing.

At least I know I will actually receive this order or get refunded if it does not arrive, unlike what I can expect from Nippon-Yasan's non-existent customer service.

58 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

That same thing happened to me on Christmas Eve. Just got both garage door springs replaced this morning - it was $250. I wasn't about to pay emergency holiday call out rates for it. Luckily one car was outside the garage

Edited by Corrinald

4 hours ago, JuanJovv said:

Hi there please tell me if lunapark is a good vendor or not the refunds is a store credit or just on the credit card any experience?

Regards and thanks 

I got my Focker from Luna Park and had no issues. I can't answer if they refund or store credit but this was my first experience with them and it went off good.

More pre-order shipping/receiving news: I received my TV super parts from Anime Expo (ordered 07/06/20) and MyKombini (ordered 07/08/20) today.  Still waiting on news from a third set from Kurama Toys (ordered 07/07/20).  They reached out on 12/21 to confirm my shipping address, but no word on when the item would actually ship.  

Edited by Draykov