Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

25 minutes ago, troyness said:

Please tell me that's a DX Max 1J 1/48???

Screenshot_20201227-012104.png

Both of those were made for a recent Tamashii Nations event and displayed next to the more "stock" one for the Hikaru 1J. Bandai has a long history of making one-offs like these for events, so odds are very low that they will ever be released. On the bright side, it's the first time we've seen a Max 1J in the wild, so there's hope that Max and Milia variants are in the works.

1lj9t8ky-4_rO_32Na1LA1tLAEnkZnt1Z7o7QnCq4yy.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

Thanks for your replies sqidd & Anasazi37.

I'd love either a Max 1J or 1A mass production movie (fingers crossed) .

Not interested in 1D or TV Roy.

Neither am I interested in the GBP.

17 minutes ago, troyness said:

Thanks for your replies sqidd & Anasazi37.

I'd love either a Max 1J or 1A mass production movie (fingers crossed) .

Not interested in 1D or TV Roy.

Neither am I interested in the GBP.

I am excited for, and dread, the mass production release. I will end up with at least 5-6

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Are you interested in the Hikaru 1J, Max 1A, Hikaru 1S?

Interested in Hikaru 1J...but too expensive now. If there's a reissue may pull the trigger. Luna Park has an ok price for Max 1A... trying to stop myself from impulse buying that..so far successful lol.

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I am excited for, and dread, the mass production release. I will end up with at least 5-6

Haha me too. Thinking of the Max 1A... but really WANT the mass production.

Just now, troyness said:

Also hoping that the elevator chair will be in all future releases now that the 1D has it.

If Bandai follows what they did for the VF-1D in the Hi-Metal R line, then this is the only time we're going to get that extra piece. It's integral to how the VF-1D appears in SDFM, but I don't recall seeing it after that. Who knows, something very much like it could show up on Shapeways at some point after release, like the properly-sized replacement pilot for the DX Hikaru 1J.

13 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

If Bandai follows what they did for the VF-1D in the Hi-Metal R line, then this is the only time we're going to get that extra piece. It's integral to how the VF-1D appears in SDFM, but I don't recall seeing it after that. Who knows, something very much like it could show up on Shapeways at some point after release, like the properly-sized replacement pilot for the DX Hikaru 1J.

Pretty sure it was shown with the GBP, but yeah, don't count on Bandai including this with the remainder of the line, or the extra TV Hands

Has anybody gotten an actual confirmation from FromJapan or are people only receiving cancellations?  I haven't received anything from them and they still haven't cancelled my payment so I'm hoping that means they've secured the two I ordered from them but I'm curious if anybody has gotten anything from them.

9 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Has anybody gotten an actual confirmation from FromJapan or are people only receiving cancellations?  I haven't received anything from them and they still haven't cancelled my payment so I'm hoping that means they've secured the two I ordered from them but I'm curious if anybody has gotten anything from them.

If you go to your orders the status should say “Order Completed (awaiting arrival)”. 

Otherwise you are in limbo. 

9 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

If you go to your orders the status should say “Order Completed (awaiting arrival)”. 

Otherwise you are in limbo. 

Hmm.  Mine still shows as pending.  Limbo it is, I guess.  Has anybody received a "Order Completed (awaiting arrival)" designation?

49 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Pretty sure it was shown with the GBP, but yeah, don't count on Bandai including this with the remainder of the line, or the extra TV Hands

Very good point. I just watched that episode last night, actually. I should have remembered. I keep thinking about this preview from a past Tamashii Nations event, where the TV hands were shown as a possible option set.

a3f96642.jpg

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Both of those were made for a recent Tamashii Nations event and displayed next to the more "stock" one for the Hikaru 1J. Bandai has a long history of making one-offs like these for events, so odds are very low that they will ever be released. On the bright side, it's the first time we've seen a Max 1J in the wild, so there's hope that Max and Milia variants are in the works.

1lj9t8ky-4_rO_32Na1LA1tLAEnkZnt1Z7o7QnCq4yy.jpg

I now the shoulders are enhanced under the shoulder armor, can anyone tell if those feet are original or add-ons as well?

8 minutes ago, peter said:

I now the shoulders are enhanced under the shoulder armor, can anyone tell if those feet are original or add-ons as well?

Those look like original feet in the picture. "Shoulder extensions" seem to be a common way to get the armor to sit on the valk correctly and allow for some movement. They show up on the Bandai HMR, Yamato and Arcadia 1/60s, and the Yamato 1/48. None of those do anything with the feet, otherwise the toys would be very hard to pose. I'm assuming Bandai is going to continue that tradition for their release (assuming we get one!).

58 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Those look like original feet in the picture. "Shoulder extensions" seem to be a common way to get the armor to sit on the valk correctly and allow for some movement. They show up on the Bandai HMR, Yamato and Arcadia 1/60s, and the Yamato 1/48. None of those do anything with the feet, otherwise the toys would be very hard to pose. I'm assuming Bandai is going to continue that tradition for their release (assuming we get one!).

Wow Anasazi37, correcting you twice in 24 hours.  ;)  YamArcadia 1/60s use plastic foot augmentations, I think there's a good chance Bandai may be using something similar, but it's really hard to tell in those pics.  However, the feet do seem to be lacking the metal mold seam.

Photo courtesy of Anymoon.com

Yamato-V2-GBP-Giftset-7.jpg

Edited by levzloi

34 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Wow Anasazi37, correcting you twice in 24 hours.  ;)  YamArcadia 1/60s use plastic foot augmentations, I think there's a good chance Bandai may be using something similar, but it's really hard to tell in those pics.  However, the feet do seem to be lacking the metal mold seam.

Thanks, now that I look at it, the feet are missing the casting seam line.  

5 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I hope Bandai offers the GBP fully decorated for those who don’t customize and an additional decal or sticker sheet to create customs.

That would be icing on the cake!

Have a feeling that these will be tampo'd just like the super/strike pacls.

13 minutes ago, peter said:

Have a feeling that these will be tampo'd just like the super/strike pacls.

I’m sure they will be. But I look to optimistic outcomes that this could come with stickers/decals to make customs like the one they showed at the Tamashii event.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, levzloi said:

Though to be technical, the Yamato 1/60 v2 had the extra feet pieces, not the v1 1/60 and not the 1/48.

2 hours ago, levzloi said:

*Pulls out the box for the Arcadia VF-1J GBP reissue that arrived a little while ago and looks at the bottom tray*

Son of a....Well, what do you know. I was so excited about the reissue showing up (I own very few Yamato 1/60 v2 and Arcadia valks) that I slapped the armor on without noticing or attaching the foot covers or the side cavity fillers. I'll fix that tonight. And both of your corrections are GBP-related. :) The non-metallic finish on the feet, which look to have no seam lines, does make one wonder if those are covers. Happy to be corrected on this stuff. 

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Though to be technical, the Yamato 1/60 v2 had the extra feet pieces, not the v1 1/60 and not the 1/48.

he's right you know - Morgan Freeman He's Right You Know | Meme Generator

I also stand corrected on the HMR. It *does* come with foot covers. Just turned mine upside down and sure enough there are duller plastic covers on the shiny metallic feet.

HMR-GBP-2-1024x576.jpg

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

*Pulls out the box for the Arcadia VF-1J GBP reissue that arrived a little while ago and looks at the bottom tray*

Son of a....Well, what do you know. I was so excited about the reissue showing up (I own very few Yamato 1/60 v2 and Arcadia valks) that I slapped the armor on without noticing or attaching the foot covers or the side cavity fillers. I'll fix that tonight. And both of your corrections are GBP-related. :) The non-metallic finish on the feet, which look to have no seam lines, does make one wonder if those are covers. Happy to be corrected on this stuff. 

he's right you know - Morgan Freeman He's Right You Know | Meme Generator

I also stand corrected on the HMR. It *does* come with foot covers. Just turned mine upside down and sure enough there are duller plastic covers on the shiny metallic feet.

HMR-GBP-2-1024x576.jpg

Lol! 

I sincerely hope that the DX 1/48 has better proportions than the Yammie 1/48 (will get a better idea when more photos come out).  I never liked the Yammie GBP because it looked.......fat.  It was chunky like the 1/55 chunky monkey.  

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I’m sure they will be. But I look to optimistic outcomes that this could come with stickers/decals to make customs like the one they showed at the Tamashii event.

Fingers crossed.

This would be awesome:

2009-3-SVF-59-111.thumb.jpg.080243b3295033fa22808f70df954292.jpg

20 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Back from Christmas holiday, missed the 1D pre-order, damn, feels bad. I didn't even know it went up, what a stupid ass day for pre-orders, even an exclusive.

Luna Park still have this open 

"Use code NEWCUSTOMER for ¥2000 off"

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version