Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥3300 higher. ¥19,800 (18,000+10%) vs ¥23,100 (21,000+10%).

Fan racer is a great addition, but I am a bit disappointed that it comes with so many DYRL-style hands, and so few SDFM style hands.

I'm actually surprised that it comes with five TV style hands, that's more than any previous DX, unfortunately they will be a different color from every other DX. 

I couldn't work out how to ship my item from DeJapan, their FAQ is not very clear.

I only have one item. Do you have to execute the combine step (even on one single item) before it is ready for shipping?

3 minutes ago, kkx said:

I couldn't work out how to ship my item from DeJapan, their FAQ is not very clear.

I only have one item. Do you have to execute the combine step (even on one single item) before it is ready for shipping?

Yes, select Combine even if it is only 1 item.

2 hours ago, MWUser said:

Overall, what has everyone's successful proxies been so far that you've gotten a confirmed order from? For reference, I was surprised to see that Buyee did not list Tamashii on their supported sites list. For reference, their supported sites list is linked below.
Buyee Supported Sites: https://shop.buyee.jp/

Bandai blocks Buyee from placing orders, I think. Not exactly sure why. Could be their association with Tenso, who owns them. I know from personal experience, as do several others here, that if you are overseas and try to use your Tenso address to purchase TWE items directly from Bandai, they block you when you supply the phone number Tenso gives you. Even if you find a way around that by giving them a different number, you need a credit card issued by a Japanese bank. Even if you have that, Bandai still might block you if they don't like the kind of card you used or when they see a Tenso shipping address. I don't know of a single overseas member who has successfully navigated the purchase process, despite using some very creative methods. Bandai aggressively polices TWE items. I wish they put this much effort into quality control for their products. We could have avoided excess tampo, missing tampo, reversed tampo, paint scratches, etc. on the DX line.

I'll probably end up reposting this again...and again...and again as folks who don't keep up on the thread drop in right after a PO window opens and ask "how do I purchase a TWE item when I'm outside of Japan?"

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Bandai blocks Buyee from placing orders, I think. Not exactly sure why. Could be their association with Tenso, who owns them. I know from personal experience, as do several others here, that if you are overseas and try to use your Tenso address to purchase TWE items directly from Bandai, they block you when you supply the phone number Tenso gives you. Even if you find a way around that by giving them a different number, you need a credit card issued by a Japanese bank. Even if you have that, Bandai still might block you if they don't like the kind of card you used or when they see a Tenso shipping address. I don't know of a single overseas member who has successfully navigated the purchase process, despite using some very creative methods. Bandai aggressively polices TWE items. I wish they put this much effort into quality control for their products. We could have avoided excess tampo, missing tampo, reversed tampo, paint scratches, etc. on the DX line.

I'll probably end up reposting this again...and again...and again as folks who don't keep up on the thread drop in right after a PO window opens and ask "how do I purchase a TWE item when I'm outside of Japan?"

You are more kind than I. :friends:

14 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Please Bandai, release the DX Chogokin version of this....

(orange is my favorite color)

FIGURE-122315_07.jpg

Delta has a whole episode dedicated to training, shame we didn't get to see that scheme and they couldn't come up with a train to do a Hikaru homage.

29 minutes ago, Sayroll said:

Hello,

I would like to buy a pair of black jolly rogers from the movie super parts  set to replace the kites on my TV super parts. I 'm sure one of you who bought multiple sets would be willing to let go of one pair.

Thanks in advance!

Check in the For Sales thread as well. Members there will post stuff for grabs. 

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/9-for-sale-trade/ 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:11 PM, Lolicon said:

Also just got an invoice for my super parts from them. 4300 yen for one set? And what happened to their "private warehouse" or whatever option? I have that Sheryl Grogeous figure on order with them too, and that's out for sure because I saw it for sale on Mandarake. I wanted to ship them together.

So, very late reply, but I actually just got a reply from Okini Land about their warehouse.  I had asked whether I can delay shipping of my TV super packs until after New Years, and they told me not to worry, they'll hold things until I pay the shipping.

I don't know if they have a max holding period, so I'm going to look over the site closer to see if there are any limitations, but it sounds like they don't mind waiting a bit.  It did take a couple of days for them to get back to me, but I figure that's pretty understandable given the date. ^_^ 

13 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Random question, I have 3 missile sets waiting at Kurama Toys, and I have a set of super parts at DE Japan.  Does anybody know if I could have the missile sets sent to DE Japan and then shipped surface?  Kurama wont do surface. 

It's very unlikely De Japan is set up to do that. They would need an order in their system to match your delivery to. This gives them some level of assurance there isn't funny business going on also. They would almost certainly want some mechanism for charging you for doing this, at least a minimum order charge of some type. I've never heard of any store or proxy doing this so I'm pretty sure they would turn you down.

10 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Random question, I have 3 missile sets waiting at Kurama Toys, and I have a set of super parts at DE Japan.  Does anybody know if I could have the missile sets sent to DE Japan and then shipped surface?  Kurama wont do surface. 

No, they are not a forwarder service..  

For what you are asking you will need to setup a Tenso account , get a japanese address and then ask Kurama toys to ship it to that address.

If allow, Kurama toy will charge you domestic shipping fee.   

Tenso will charge you usage and handling fee  (probably around 1300 yen)

Then  you select and pay for surface shipping  

11 minutes ago, levzloi said:

I'd like to be wrong about this, but I don't think most/any proxies will accept or ship items they did not procure themselves. Probably a legal thing. Couldn't hurt to ask DeJapan, but I'm sure they'll charge you some kind of handling fee if they can do it. You could also set up a Tenso address and have Kurama and DeJapan send everything to them. You'd probably pay $5-10 per package to get them shipped domestically to Tenso. From there, Tenso would charge a per-package handling fee ($5 each), a shipping consolidation fee ($5), and then mark up the surface shipping a bit. It adds up fast.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

It's very unlikely De Japan is set up to do that. They would need an order in their system to match your delivery to. This gives them some level of assurance there isn't funny business going on also. They would almost certainly want some mechanism for charging you for doing this, at least a minimum order charge of some type. I've never heard of any store or proxy doing this so I'm pretty sure they would turn you down.

kind of what I thought, thanks to you all for the input.  Also realized I paid paypal, and I don't think they would change the shipping address from that. Guess I'll just eat the upgraded shipping. 

Edited by levzloi

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Back to the DX 1s TV Roy for now..  

The heck.. :shok:  Some lucky duck has snagged it and literally the reasonable DX VF-1 listed so far. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1155187981&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Oh man that is a steal! Just opened and box damaged, but going by what peeps have reported on their own "box damaged" purchases from Manda, it really is superficial in most cases.

I definitely would have jumped on a 2nd Roy for that price, and begged for forgiveness from the wife afterwards. :p

On 12/24/2020 at 11:27 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Do they deliver to US do you know @F360? Damn 29500K with promo...

You've probably already received an answer, but I got my Roy 1S from them. They shipped DHL and Other than it sitting a few days, it moved through and made it hear about four days after shipping started. It would have been quicker but DHL had customs hit in Hong Kong and then Cinncy.

Luna Park link is still active as of now:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version

Edited by vladykins