Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Thanks for the link - I took the chance and ordered from Hobby-Genki.  I hope they come through and EMS gets to me (I have no doubts with Japan Post, its when it gets to Canada, our Postal System here sucks - but at least the chance exists that I won't get dinged with Customs & Duties which is a certainty with FedEx or DHL plus their service charges).

Just now, EmilianoAlfaro said:

It’s now back to “soon available”. I had it in my cart but wanted to use my loyalty points so had to go back and convert to a code. Then I missed it...

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone know if From Japan will give you a confirmation yes or no if they are able or unable to order what you try to acquire through their proxy service?  I know it's been mentioned they'll let you know and refund you if it's a negative, but don't know if silence means they got it.

They will let you know either way. My order with them is still pending 

Zen market failed to get me one and haven't heard from From Japan. Given my near perfect failure record with them and Bandai pre-orders, I got one from Kuramatoys and one from Okiniland since everybody seems happy with their service.

Edited by Corrinald

9 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Thanks for the link - I took the chance and ordered from Hobby-Genki.  I hope they come through and EMS gets to me (I have no doubts with Japan Post, its when it gets to Canada, our Postal System here sucks - but at least the chance exists that I won't get dinged with Customs & Duties which is a certainty with FedEx or DHL plus their service charges).

I’m willing to give them a chance but I haven’t been able to add it to cart and check out. 

13 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

No EMS to Canada since the uptick in the cases since the beginning of October @wm cheng. You should check the Suspensions thread and I think @Paco Grande has posted it there... You're way behind in updates my Toronto friend and I'm not impressed (fail on your part). 

Edit to correct month 

Edited by borgified

10 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

I took a chance as well, the base price is good so I don't mind the higher EMS shipping. I think EMS to Canada is still suspended, but it does not come out until July so fingers crossed things change by then. 

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone know if From Japan will give you a confirmation yes or no if they are able or unable to order what you try to acquire through their proxy service?  I know it's been mentioned they'll let you know and refund you if it's a negative, but don't know if silence means they got it.

Just got a cancellation/failure email from FromJapan.

Fortunately my other proxy came through, though.

1 minute ago, Nerd-linger said:

I took a chance as well, the base price is good so I don't mind the higher EMS shipping. I think EMS to Canada is still suspended, but it does not come out until July so fingers crossed things change by then. 

It's still suspended for now. Only DHL and the import fees by CBSA if you get nabbed.

Thanks @borgified and @Nerd-linger - I hope by July we might get EMS back again, I hope they would offer an alternative form of shipping otherwise.  I can't imagine FedEx or DHL to be more than 5,200Y - I guess they put in a low base price and jack up the shipping to make the profit.

The main thing is I hope they can get the item, hate to wonder and worry about it for 7 months only to get an email on July 31st to saying they couldn't get it.

Edited by wm cheng

FromJapan came through for me. Thank goodness.

Zenmarket failed. No high expectations, as they have not been very good with time-critical orders this whole Covid season.

When Zenmarket failed, I ordered straight with Luna-Park. That was before I saw the Hobby-Genki link, & wished I have ordered with them instead. Hopefully Luna-Park delivers, fingers crossed come July next year..

Just a side-note, for NY to sell out so early, they must have changed their policy somewhat on taking as much orders as possible & hopefully try to fulfil it somehow. Not that it matters much, as they are already pretty much off everyone's list.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yep, order cancelled, and hit submit on my Okini Land one, so hopefully I've got two separate orders in place.  Guess we'll see how things turn out in July. ^_^ 

Congrats. You should be safe with two orders, fingers crossed. I put in one from BIJ yesterday, and was gonna use NNG with a voucher for my backup, but got cart jacked and so went with Okini land instead. 

Yeah, I think it went off sale right as I finished with Paypal, so glad I had the "buy" button up by the time my FJ order was confirmed dead.  I might have gotten one of the last ones at Okini, so I actually wouldn't be too surprised if I get a cancellation from them, but all I can do is wait.

I'm hitting on the realization that duplicates are probably ridiculous, so I might be having a massive garage sale someday, but I've gotten into the habit of getting at least one backup in case something explodes when I take it out of the box.

10 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Thanks @borgified and @Nerd-linger - I hope by July we might get EMS back again, I hope they would offer an alternative form of shipping otherwise.  I can't imagine FedEx or DHL to be more than 5,200Y - I guess they put in a low base price and jack up the shipping to make the profit.

The main thing is I hope they can get the item, hate to wonder and worry about it for 7 months only to get an email on July 31st to saying they couldn't get it.

Hobby-Genki preorder is not available anymore. Says "There are not enough products in stock" which at least suggests they had an allocation. By no means a sure thing but at least a good sign. Now we just have to hope Bandai keeps up their end.