Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Supers missed me by about 8hrs today. I don't think I will get them till Monday now.:(

Bummer. I hope you will have a nice holiday weekend. I hope I can secure a 1D tonight, that will make a nice end to this crazy year of 2020.

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

Thx to a member from another board that notice the promo code for new customers :lol:

"Use code NEWCUSTOMER for ¥2000 off"

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version

¥28,500- 2,000 = 26500 yen

Do they deliver to US do you know @F360? Damn 29500K with promo...

Edited by Alphahorizon

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

Bummer. I hope you will have a nice holiday weekend. I hope I can secure a 1D tonight, that will make a nice end to this crazy year of 2020.

I think I will live without the Supers till Monday.:p I'm working all weekend anyway.:( It is always fun unboxing new stuff and playing with displays though!

Good luck on that 1D!

6 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Do they deliver to US do you know @F360? Damn 29500K with promo...

They do deliver to the US. I have shopped with them before. They are prompt to respond to emails. They did not do a good job packing my stuff last time, maybe because it was small item they only wrapped it in a single layer of small bubble wrap and put it in a DHL shipping bag, so corners were a little dented. Others though have had better luck than me on this front.

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

That’s the standard price at the stores that have listed already. This figure is around 4000 Yen higher MSRP than the other DX VF-1 figures. I don’t think a 3000-4000 Yen markup is unreasonable.

¥3300 higher. ¥19,800 (18,000+10%) vs ¥23,100 (21,000+10%).

Fan racer is a great addition, but I am a bit disappointed that it comes with so many DYRL-style hands, and so few SDFM style hands.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

UPS.thumb.jpg.a5f184db9f96b44a6767b44a3c36bab3.jpg

High Seniority - courier on top refuse to take boxes,  goes straight with letters and  "sorry we missed you notes"

Low Seniority - courier on the bottom get stuck with tons of packages in a area where he's not familiar with and tries to delivery everything.. (that routes looks like some Initial D downhill ):D

What a bit of a curveball the fan racer makes haha..

As this item is going to be released only in July 2021, will mean it will be outside the Paypal protection window for all the upfront payments now, so really need to look doubly hard to PO at all the new alternative stores carrying it. 

No doubt, using Paypal backed by CC means there is that CC protection as a fall back, but I suspect not all CC are that painless to file back a claim. Really depends on your issuing bank..

1 minute ago, wm cheng said:

Is Hobby Genki any good?  Are they reliable?  Never heard or used them before?

They seem to be good and haven't heard any issues with them. Someone from HobbyGenki also posts in this thread from time to time.

Only reason I didn't order from them was they didn't have DHL/Fedex to my country (Australia), only JapanPost EMS was available but EMS to Australia is still suspended due to COVID restrictions.

Don't know about them, but Okini Land seems to have been at least reliable enough to get me my TV packs order, so they might be worth a try.

I don't know if I want to place a third order as a backup with them, but I haven't heard one way or another about my order with From Japan yet.  I might just wait until release on this one to see what happens, because otherwise it would be incredibly easy to spend way too much trying to reserve one everywhere.

Wow, Japan Post EMS was the only option to Canada at 5,200Y (that's steep)

Is EMS available from Japan to Canada?

Edited by wm cheng