Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

32 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

In non-VF-1D news, my two TV Super Parts sets arrived four days early! :yahoo: FedEx showed them in Memphis this morning, with an estimated Monday arrival, but they were dropped off a little while ago. I'll be whooshing my Super Roy around tomorrow morning!

50518819.jpg

31 minutes ago, valhary said:

Why the hell Hikaru is lying down in the fan racer?

Once again Yamato did better and like happens with this line Bandai try to divert the attention of their mediocre work with the tampo 

yamatowins.jpg

My guess, knowing a little about retail packaging goes is that they wanted to keep the overall box size within certain perimeters and adjusted the design of the fan racer to suit.

You would be shocked how much packaging (be it a box or an entire car) drives the design process. Transportation and warehousing is a huge cost.

Or it could be something like they only have so many lines (literal production lines) available for the time period and adding the Fan Racer meant running a smaller line simotanously.

Or a combination of the above.

Also, remember Yamato went out of business. It doesn't mater how well you do something if the business model is not sustainable. Then you're literally producing nothing good or bad.

All that said, I would rather have a Yamato-esq Fan Racer.

Or, you know, it could be purely so they didn't have to give you two separate Hikaru figures.  He didn't have the helmet until he got in the VF-1D, after all.

Here's hoping everything goes through, I couldn't get an order in at AE before I went to sleep, and I wake up with them sold out.  We'll just have to see. :huh: 

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

...I couldn't get an order in at AE before I went to sleep, and I wake up with them sold out.  We'll just have to see. :huh: 

Same.  Hoping other opportunities open up.  When Kakizaki came out, things went very smoothly for me.  Fingers crossed.  I was on board for a VF-1D from the start, and getting a fan racer is gravy...I had stopped chasing Yamato Macross toys by the time they released their version.  

Edited by Draykov

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I was really hoping for Anime Export as I have experience with them.  I have not ever used a Proxy service so I would like to stay away from them.  I'd pay a bit more for piece of mind knowing they would come through in the end.  So who (what stores) are left that haven't posted that we might have a chance at tonight?

(my wife is going to kill me getting up at 2am on Christmas to do this - she definitely doesn't understand and constantly tells me to stop it as its a TOY that doesn't seem to bring me joy, only pain and anguish). 

I can vouch for okini.land if you are looking for another option. The TV packs that I bought from them arrived this afternoon from DHL. 

The pre-order page for the 1D was linked some pages back...here it is:

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, valhary said:

Why the hell Hikaru is lying down in the fan racer?

Once again Yamato did better and like happens with this line Bandai try to divert the attention of their mediocre work with the tampo 

yamatowins.jpg

Prolly the same reason as their beloved "100" symmetry shenanigans...

I've been watching the Okini Land site as well since yesterday, but no sign of any activity on their page yet.

I'm actually currently waiting to hear from them about my order of TV super packs, since they sent me a shipping charge yesterday, but I want to delay shipping out my packs since I'm on vacation with family, and DHL will have no trouble beating me home. :p  Anyone know if they get upset if you don't pay for shipping for a while?  If so, I might have to see if I can have DHL hold the package for me on their end.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Still waiting to see if either of my proxy orders went through for the VF-1D.

Aren’t we all? :unknw: PO doesn’t open till tomorrow 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET. :friends:

And awesome on the Supers. Still waiting for mine to ship from Kurama and a proxy.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

I'm not sure what to do about my Supers at Kurama... the FedEx price puts the total cost at some crazy level but will they really hold onto them for like six months while we wait for shipping to get back to normal? I really wish companies would let you put stuff on a boat... though I think my YF-29 may have been on that container ship that lost a bunch of cargo recently....

6 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I was really hoping for Anime Export as I have experience with them.  I have not ever used a Proxy service so I would like to stay away from them.  I'd pay a bit more for piece of mind knowing they would come through in the end.  So who (what stores) are left that haven't posted that we might have a chance at tonight?

(my wife is going to kill me getting up at 2am on Christmas to do this - she definitely doesn't understand and constantly tells me to stop it as its a TOY that doesn't seem to bring me joy, only pain and anguish). 

hope you don't get in trouble with your wife.  we all have to thread that needle to some degree... ^_^

ya can still snag one here:
https://www.hobbydigi.com/en_us/jp-ver-bandai-dx-chogokin-action-figure-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross

also, i contacted hobby denki, ae, okini, hobby search, and big in japan.  they've all confirmed they'll have the D.  a couple have already posted, and the others...  will probably do so tonight or soon!  good luck homie!  

Edited by orbitalharvest

20 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

hope you don't get in trouble with your wife.  we all have to thread that needle to some degree... ^_^

ya can still snag one here:
https://www.hobbydigi.com/en_us/jp-ver-bandai-dx-chogokin-action-figure-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross

also, i contacted hobby denki, ae, okini, hobby search, and big in japan.  they've all confirmed they'll have the D.  a couple have already posted, and the others...  will probably do so tonight or soon!  good luck homie!  

Has anyone every shopped here? Also,....do they even ship  to US? Go away to family for the holidays...and looks like I may have to Mandrake this one. IF anyone has an extra and is willing to part with it, please let me know. Unless the link above is legit.

9 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Has anyone every shopped here? Also,....do they even ship  to US? Go away to family for the holidays...and looks like I may have to Mandrake this one. IF anyone has an extra and is willing to part with it, please let me know. Unless the link above is legit.

i got one through ae (sorta in a panic last night), but my 3 buddies ordered one each from hobby digi.  being an hk shop i guess makes me feel less nervous.  only empirical instincts there.  

i'm sure many of the other shops we're all used to will open up orders tonight

Edited by orbitalharvest

11 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

i got one through ae (sorta in a panic last night), but my 3 buddies ordered one each from hobby digi.  being an hk shop i guess makes me feel less nervous.  only empirical instincts there.  

i'm sure many of the other shops we're all used to will open up orders tonight

Thanks @orbitalharvest. Looks like I'll be camping out online and losing sleep to keep refreshing stuff

Just now, Alphahorizon said:

Thanks @orbitalharvest. Looks like I'll be camping out online and losing sleep to keep refreshing stuff

no worries.  always working, and leaving their listing pages or macross dx (or something applicable) search results pages open in the bg.  if something turns up, i'll do my best to capture it and give a heads up.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm not sure what to do about my Supers at Kurama... the FedEx price puts the total cost at some crazy level but will they really hold onto them for like six months while we wait for shipping to get back to normal? I really wish companies would let you put stuff on a boat... though I think my YF-29 may have been on that container ship that lost a bunch of cargo recently....

Ouch- that sucks big time.

So the last time I did a twe, I had a friend in japan buy it. He's currently away so can't do so. Hlj and cdjapan and are not going to have the vf-1d and im through with dealing with nippon yasan.... So.. nin-nin? I'm guessing the best answer is to have already put in the proxy order yesterday. 

I am still on the fence on this but might do it if it's even possible. 

I'm really hoping for a DYRL Max. 

15 minutes ago, drumondo said:

Is everyone getting shipping notices from Anime Export for their SSPs? I haven't heard anything yet.

Are you asking about TV-super parts?

if so then, yes some already did after they requested for shipping.  Some already received theirs .

Go in to your anime-export account and take a look if your item is in .

Did you preorder the 1st batch (release in December)  or the 2nd batch (will release in April )?

If its in and you have already requested shipping request and already paid for the shipping that is available for your country , then it should be shipped out shortly.

If you preorder the 2nd batch, then its not even out yet.

If your items is in, but you did not request them to ship it out, or pay for shipping, then they will not ship it out. 

9 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

In non-VF-1D news, my two TV Super Parts sets arrived four days early! :yahoo: FedEx showed them in Memphis this morning, with an estimated Monday arrival, but they were dropped off a little while ago. I'll be whooshing my Super Roy around tomorrow morning!

Good for you, a nice holiday gift for yourself.

Still have not heard from DeJapan about my TV super set. :(