Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

Seems we have officially reached peak insanity when a web exclusive, an item that technically is "made to order", sells out before the official PO date....lol

Pretty sure you can still buy it directly from the Tamashii website....if you are in Japan! :rolleyes:

We need a japan representative to take orders for us, I'll gladly pay a commission!

bah I wasn't planning on more valks, but saw the 1D pop up on AE, saw the fan racer etc, had buyer remorse missing out on 1S so bit bullet. In other news the Dec batch of TV super packs I had on order from AE are in stock and shipped. 

Edited by obakesan

1 minute ago, obakesan said:

bah I wasn't planning on more valks, but saw the 1D pop up on AE, saw the fan racer etc, had buyer remorse missing out on 1S so bit bullet. In other news the Dec batch of TV super packs has been shipped 

Yup, had mine shipped from AE yesterday, hope to get it soon, with another figure shipping was 62 dollars

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Seems we have officially reached peak insanity when a web exclusive, an item that technically is "made to order", sells out before the official PO date....lol

Pretty sure you can still buy it directly from the Tamashii website....if you are in Japan! :rolleyes:

Peak insanity. Great way of putting it! :bigshok:

Just now, CzarAlko said:

Yup, had mine shipped from AE yesterday, hope to get it soon, with another figure shipping was 62 dollars

Nice, ya mine was about same, approx 30 GBP but as things kinda mental in UK who knows when will arrive. Hope yous get there soon and safely. 

At a SIX PER ORDER LIMIT :rolleyes:...I am hoping that the price doesn't go through the stratosphere when it finally gets close to release day....the latest DX VF-1S has somewhat kept from getting too crazy and there were a handful of decent deals immediately after release.....but who really knows

Oh NO!!! 

I thought it was supposed to be 4pm Dec 25th in Tokyo - which is 2am for me in Toronto.  I was getting all ready to stay up tonight for this.  Now I just checked in here and its sold out a day before it goes on sale?  What did I miss?  Did I just get the days mixed up?!?!  I thought TWE were easier to get.  How did you guys all know to check a day ahead?  I must be getting too old for this to have missed this.  I love orange Valks!!!

Now what can I do?  Where can I order this?

Just noticed nin nin doesn't seem have opened up yet - is this my best chance now? (even NY is sold out!)

Edited by wm cheng

22 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Oh NO!!! 

I thought it was supposed to be 4pm Dec 25th in Tokyo - which is 2am for me in Toronto.  I was getting all ready to stay up tonight for this.  Now I just checked in here and its sold out a day before it goes on sale?  What did I miss?  Did I just get the days mixed up?!?!  I thought TWE were easier to get.  How did you guys all know to check a day ahead?  I must be getting too old for this to have missed this.  I love orange Valks!!!

Now what can I do?  Where can I order this?

Just noticed nin nin doesn't seem have opened up yet - is this my best chance now? (even NY is sold out!)

Some stores put up preorders early. There are still a few stores that haven’t even listed it yet. So no panic yet. Although I do know someone living in Japan and I’m fighting the urge to bug him to preorder it for me. 

Anyone know how long the TWE items stay up for preorder on Bandai’s web site? I thought it was a month or something but that sounds too long. 

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The TWE has not sold out. The few units the proxy services can get have. Big difference.

Is it though? Maybe for those that have a Japan address but the rest of us are stuck with using proxy sites and if the reputable ones are sold out that “difference” not of much help.

31 minutes ago, Nerd-linger said:

Geez now TWE are selling out instantly? This hobby is officially getting ridiculous. 

Just now, Nerd-linger said:

Is it though? Maybe for those that have a Japan address but the rest of us are stuck with using proxy sites and if the reputable ones are sold out that “difference” not of much help.

You're quote above^^^^^^

You said "Geez now TWE are selling out instantly?" 

TWE's are Japan only. They are not sold out. It hasn't even opened yet.

What you meant to say was "Geez now items that we are not allowed to buy are selling out instantly though proxy services that shouldn't be selling to us? This hobby is officially getting ridiculous." Doesn't quite have the same ring now does it?;)

Be happy you have a shot at getting one at retail at all.

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You guys don’t seem to get it. AE and others are only reliable if they can secure the TWE and resell. There is no way to know that BEFORE IT’S EVEN LISTED ON P-BANDAI

Love you all :wub:

It's a hard concept. What was that middle part again?:p

Just now, Paco Grande said:

My understanding is that TWE items are made to order so what matters is the length of the order window, not how many units sell. But yes, proxy sites can only secure so many units so from that perspective there is a quantity limit. 

I don't think so. I think they sell out. maybe someone knows for sure.

I was really hoping for Anime Export as I have experience with them.  I have not ever used a Proxy service so I would like to stay away from them.  I'd pay a bit more for piece of mind knowing they would come through in the end.  So who (what stores) are left that haven't posted that we might have a chance at tonight?

(my wife is going to kill me getting up at 2am on Christmas to do this - she definitely doesn't understand and constantly tells me to stop it as its a TOY that doesn't seem to bring me joy, only pain and anguish). 

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You're quote above^^^^^^

You said "Geez now TWE are selling out instantly?" 

TWE's are Japan only. They are not sold out. It hasn't even opened yet.

What you meant to say was "Geez now items that we are not allowed to buy are selling out instantly though proxy services that shouldn't be selling to us? This hobby is officially getting ridiculous." Doesn't quite have the same ring now does it?;)

Be happy you have a shot at getting one at retail at all.

It's a hard concept. What was that middle part again?:p

Feel like semantics to me, but I get what you are saying. Thing is we are on an English board primarily for those of us outside of Japan so we are all aware of the technicalities related to the hobby. Do we add a proviso for the whole HG situation when discussing ordering? No because it goes without saying. The point is it used to be that TWE were a respite from preorder madness but now even those are starting to look  like they are going to be a pain too secure.

38 minutes ago, kyekye said:

These shops not keeping their embargo rules... I don't know...They used to have some decency.

Maybe I'm getting old :(

This isn't an embargo issue because it's an exclusive. The shops are selling the service of getting the item for you from the TWE site, not selling it to you directly.

Has anyone ever found out, what the point of a made to order exclusive is, if it's limited to only 6 per business?

I get regular address's, maybe to avoid scalper markets, but what is the point of limiting business's from ordering as many as they want?
That is like the most backwards logic to consumerism there is.

9 minutes ago, valhary said:

Why the hell Hikaru is lying down in the fan racer?

Once again Yamato did better and like happens with this line Bandai try to divert the attention of their mediocre work with the tampo 

yamatowins.jpg

new seating style ?

unnamed.thumb.jpg.bdbb0bbce0af8d30eaa42ea25a053405.jpg

Design-DrivingPosition-Content3.thumb.jpg.9ec05aadba60d9ec60f714d4d0921c82.jpg

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

This isn't an embargo issue because it's an exclusive. The shops are selling the service of getting the item for you from the TWE site, not selling it to you directly.

Technically yes. But they are selling you what they don't have yet. - which WILL result in shortage and cancelling orders when the TWE site sells out.

It happened before few times -  and it wasn't pretty

6 minutes ago, skullmilitia said:

Has anyone ever found out, what the point of a made to order exclusive is, if it's limited to only 6 per business?

I get regular address's, maybe to avoid scalper markets, but what is the point of limiting business's from ordering as many as they want?
That is like the most backwards logic to consumerism there is.

TWE is a direct to customer service.   For Japan.   no other store or middle man.

The limit is set to per customer not per business.

TWE is not made for Business.

So for residents of Japan, if they want it, they will just need to go to the site and preorder it.   simple as that.

The preorder will close when the total order limit is reached or the cut off date, whichever comes first.

If the total order limit is reached too soon, (sold out too fast)  ,, then they might reopen another batch with a later release date.