Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I've used BigInJapan like 10 years ago. They delayed my pre-order shipment 3 months and I canceled my order. They black-listed me now :D

So I guess all these small Japanese online shops are pretty bad in different ways overall......

30 minutes ago, F360 said:

Yup , FJ can’t place anything until it goes live tomorrow.   Right now the people that already paid are not confirmed orders .  It’s just a paid preorder request.   If fromjapan can order it tomorrow, they will cancel and refund your money .

Ok so people are preordering the preorder? I did not know you can do that and it probably explains why the last several orders I tried to make there right when the item went live were cancelled. 

28 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ok so people are preordering the preorder? I did not know you can do that and it probably explains why the last several orders I tried to make there right when the item went live were cancelled. 

They will let you order through there system because it's mostly automated but if they can't get it they will refund it right away. I have a feeling those who pre-ordered before the link goes live will have their order cancelled because they can't purchase it for you yet.

10 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

They will let you order through there system because it's mostly automated but if they can't get it they will refund it right away. I have a feeling those who pre-ordered before the link goes live will have their order cancelled because they can't purchase it for you yet.

Ok, Will see how it goes. I was thinking that everyone who preorders the preorder will get it and it’s the reason I’ve been getting my orders cancelled even though I place it right when Bandai opens their sales. 

45 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It's not as bad people preordering the preorder of the reissue of a renewal toy. :D

On 12/22/2020 at 3:16 PM, dafob said:

Got my shipping notice from NNG last night, via DHL.  It's already in the States as of this morning.  

Hope you get your shipping notice soon...

Thanks for the update! It still says preparation in progress so hopefully I'll be in the next wave.

As said above for those who wish to try their luck, Nippon Yasan pre-order link up now - 2,000 yen more than the BIJ pre-order one: 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/33413-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer.html

Seems like most shops rather list preorders on Christmas eve rather than on Christmas day itself. 

Edited by Arakure Knight

11 minutes ago, Arakure Knight said:

Nippon Yasan pre-order link up now - 2,000 yen more than the BIJ pre-order one: 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/33413-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer.html

Thanks.  Used my credit from the SSP and instead of the usual Paypal payment, used my credit card so I'm better protected.  Hope this works out better than the SSPs.

Expectations blown away. Even more excited for 1D now.

Was not expecting a Fan Racer to be included.

Only disappointments:

• need a non helmet Hikaru for the Fan Racer as per his arrival to Macross Island
  • seated Minmay to go in the cockpit with Hikaru

I'm going to have to ask my friend in Japan for a favour and get it for me under his Bandai account, then have it shipped to my Rakuten warehouse. Maybe by July / August EMS shipping will be back up again and I won't have to rely on sea mail, but I might still consider shipping it sea mail, since I don't mind waiting if their is considerable shipping fees saved via sea mail. If it arrives in 1 week, or 3 months. It will probably be the same thing - sit in the box for a long time until I find time to play around with it or find a place to display it. My 1J and 1A Max are still in the boxes. I only opened them to check they not faulty. I imagine this is what will happen to my 1S Focker too....

I really want to do some weathering effects etc on my 1J and 1A Max, but I've been waiting until Summer in Oz so the Mr Hobby coating sprays I use come out of the can without condensation that occurs when spraying outside during colder season.

After the 1D, the other variants on my wishlist are:

• VF-1J GBP
  • VF-1S Super Hikaru
  • VF-1A Angel Bird (to display along with the Fan Racer)

4 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

I too order from AE.  Used a CC but paid as guest via PP.    Please don't screw me over!

This is going to be pricey after shipping. 

I wonder who is managing to get it at TWE MSRP.

I could have waited of course, but seems those sites already listing are locking in 3-4k yen surcharges over TWE MSRP ...  

Edited by seti88

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Wow what can I say but... you da man! :good: :rolleyes: 

Your 1D is gonna be protected by a lot of big brothers when it’s gets home..hehe..

Yeah, I'm going to assume that because my buddy is going to be picking me a couple up in JP all of my PO requests will go through.:rofl:

If they do I'm going to have a LOT of $$$ tied up in 1D's for 7mo. I doubt I would have much issue selling the extras. I only want one (not my usual three).