Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, kyekye said:

Never ordered from NinNin before. How is it compare to Nippon Yasan?

Random order cancellation due to product shortage?

Outrageous shipping?

Combine items to save on shipping?

..etc

Nippon Yasan !!! Terrible website 

Don't try to pre-order here

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nippon-yasan.com

Edited by Jumbo

6 minutes ago, kyekye said:

Never ordered from NinNin before. How is it compare to Nippon Yasan?

Random order cancellation due to product shortage?

Outrageous shipping?

Combine items to save on shipping?

..etc

Do not use Nippon-Yasan!  They will literally take your money for a pre-order, but never ship anything nor reply to your email or customer support ticket inquiries.

I've gotten all my DX Valks through Nin-nin however it's annoying how they randomly open up the orders at different points jacking the price up each time.

This is going to be fun (not) spending time continuously pressing F5 at the computer and forgoing family on Christmas Day itself ... 

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction... we have no idea how that joint was broken. It could have fallen while being handled in battroid mode. That said, it seems like a prime candidate for a joint people will break assuming it can go out further than it should.

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m reposting @jvmacross’s post from KitzConcept thread. Be careful on the DX’s hip joints.

The seller said that this is a eBay return. That was really sad. So someone buy this from him and break it then return it???

I have big concern about selling on eBay. With almost no protection for the seller, it is not worth the risk.

As a buyer, they recently have started collecting state sales tax, that make them an less attractive option for me. But Amazon jp also started collecting sales tax. :( 

Thanks for the reply on NinNin info -(LOL! not much info about NinNin while only I got negative info about NpponYasan :D)

Anyways, The Tamashi info says "

予約受付開始:2020年12月25日 16時"
-------------So it's 12/24 11PM in California

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m reposting @jvmacross’s post from KitzConcept thread. Be careful on the DX’s hip joints.

Yeah...it is kind of odd, but looking into the material used for that joint, speaking only in regards to the KC, it makes sense that it could be easily stressed with the weight AND if left with the joint extended...in this scenario, the entire leg is just held in place by the small plastic ring shown in my pics....

As for the DX with the same break point....someone said that joint is made of metal diecast, so it should be more durable...but who knows, can't really tell much about the break from the pics posted on the ebay listing

3 hours ago, F360 said:

VF-1D   

Preorder starts  12-25-20  (1600 japan standard time)
Price is 23,100 yen 

Have almost everything you ever want with your VF-1D.. ... 

I can see scalpers salivating over this already, lol!

I personally rate nin-nin lower than NY but most people are all about what have you done for me lately and it seems nin-nin has been better about a few things recently. NY has in about the last 5 years of Macross items, had issues with a total of 2. I’d personally go with just about any other option before those two at this point.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Small update on TV Super Parts, Okini Land just forwarded me an invoice for DHL shipping, so they're processing orders. ^_^ 

Now to cross my fingers and hope I can manage to grab a pair of 1Ds...

Also just got an invoice for my super parts from them. 4300 yen for one set? And what happened to their "private warehouse" or whatever option? I have that Sheryl Grogeous figure on order with them too, and that's out for sure because I saw it for sale on Mandarake. I wanted to ship them together.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Looking more closely at the pics in the auction....it seems that the 2 "pins" behind the intake that fit into the lower leg are made of plastic....not metal...it's cool that it allows for the dynamic poses, but personally, it is not worth using it too often...at minimum, I would suggest to not leave your DX or KC posed long-term with this joint engaged and on a stand where the lower leg/s are being supported by this joint....

large.1046990921_DXVF-1joint.JPG.367faf5

It looks like both the intake part and the lower leg could be glued back together, however, much like my 1/72 KC VF-1J, that "DX" joint that allows the leg to extend outward will no longer be usable....the design/engineering is different to what KC uses on the 1/72, but accomplishes the same articulation....the really important difference is in the post-sale support! :D

FromJapan is processing my order for the VF-1D. The charged me the retail price, plus their fees 300 Yen, I think shipping was 500 Yen and payment fee was 300 Yen.

My friend in Japan says preorders open up tomorrow at 4pm Tokyo time. He's gonna try and get me one as well.

Edited by weiser21

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Also just got an invoice for my super parts from them. 4300 yen for one set? And what happened to their "private warehouse" or whatever option? I have that Sheryl Grogeous figure on order with them too, and that's out for sure because I saw it for sale on Mandarake. I wanted to ship them together.

I believe their "warehouse" is only applicable as a way to wait until the order is filled before choosing shipping.  I don't mind DHL, but I just sent them a message to ask if they can actually delay shipping until after New Years, since I won't be home to receive it.  I might be able to change the address, but we'll see what they say, since I'm holding off paying the shipping until I know for sure what my options are.

Worst case, I might need a friend to pick it up for me, but I'd rather not bother them.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I believe their "warehouse" is only applicable as a way to wait until the order is filled before choosing shipping.  I don't mind DHL, but I just sent them a message to ask if they can actually delay shipping until after New Years, since I won't be home to receive it.  I might be able to change the address, but we'll see what they say, since I'm holding off paying the shipping until I know for sure what my options are.

Worst case, I might need a friend to pick it up for me, but I'd rather not bother them.

That's hella lame. Still no word from them on that Sheryl order. I sent a ticket and asked them to combine both items. Let's see if they actually do that or if they NY me.

Put in an order request for the VF-1D through From Japan. Love to have a 1/48 fan racer, but still no seated Minmay figure. Dafuq Bandai?

Looks like they printed the ejection seat warnings this time. Progress, I guess?

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I was charged the same 4300 yen to ship two sets, so I guess that's the minimum rate? Not sure. :unknw: I can't imagine it will be a big box, even if there are two sets packed together. Still, I miss the Amazon Japan hey day of unbelievable low cost shipping.

20 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

FromJapan is processing my order for the VF-1D. The charged me the retail price, plus their fees 300 Yen, I think shipping was 500 Yen and payment fee was 300 Yen.

My friend in Japan says preorders open up tomorrow at 4pm Tokyo time. He's gonna try and get me one as well.

I just ordered from FromJapan as well, fingers crossed there's no drama.

8 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I was charged the same 4300 yen to ship two sets, so I guess that's the minimum rate? Not sure. :unknw: I can't imagine it will be a big box, even if there are two sets packed together. Still, I miss the Amazon Japan hey day of unbelievable low cost shipping.

Yeah and shipping rates are set to increase even further in 2021. Japan Post we need you! :cray:

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

How'd you find an order on From Japan?  I realized I hadn't used them before.

They're a proxy service. Just tell them you want to buy the p-Bandai item from whatever URL and they will send you an invoice for it.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, the site fooled me with all the listings they host from other services.

Knowing how things go, I might wind up with three of them in order to ensure I get at least one, but I don't see that as a bad thing exactly. :lol: 

Or you can just sell me one ;)

44 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Use this url and paste the pbandai link in the "Place a bid/order":

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/urlOrder

Paid upfront, right? 

13 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

I'll probably have one to sell. I've got 2 Roys I should unload but I bought them at the higher price range which I don't think anyone cares to pay.

Or sell it at MSRP. It will be gone in an instant. :rolleyes:

Yep paid up front for the VF-1D.
I wish I were in a position to sell the Roys at MSRP, sadly no. FOMO is very real. Hence the panic buying at the upper end of the price range when they were available on release day for much better pricing. 

Edited by weiser21

6 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Yep paid up front for the VF-1D.
I wish I were in a position to sell the Roys at MSRP, sadly no. FOMO is very real. Hence the panic buying at the upper end of the price range when they were available on release day for much better pricing. 

How long ago did you submit the request to From Japan?