Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Logged into AE and saw that my super parts were ready to ship.  Also saw an order I placed nearly 3 years ago sitting in their warehouse waiting for me that I had long forgotten.  Quite fittingly it’s the Hi-Metal VF-1D just in time for the DX preorder.  Its probably long lost or sold but I just bundled it with my TV supers and will see what they say lol.  What’s the longest anyone’s had an item sitting in AE storage?  

D8BC12A5-15A7-4D25-A5BE-F7C2E10CAC4E.jpeg

Edited by altego101

so for anyone who migh thave been wondering

dhl eventually found my vf-1s and delivered it (originally sent from luna park) last friday (12/18).  hobby gengki has sent notice that my super parts are on the way.  i feel lucky i don't need things "first".  lol.

anyhow....when do the vf-1d preorders go live?  heard its a TWE, so no PO madness but have to deal with semi aftermarket prices right? 

4 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so for anyone who migh thave been wondering

dhl eventually found my vf-1s and delivered it (originally sent from luna park) last friday (12/18).  hobby gengki has sent notice that my super parts are on the way.  i feel lucky i don't need things "first".  lol.

anyhow....when do the vf-1d preorders go live?  heard its a TWE, so no PO madness but have to deal with semi aftermarket prices right? 

24th?

There is sorta PO madness because you have to get them through a proxy and most have short a supply.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

24th?

There is sorta PO madness because you have to get them through a proxy and most have short a supply.

Based on this image posted on the Tamashii Nations site, we'll get more information on 24 Dec. No guarantee that orders can be placed that day. According to Dengeki Hobby Web, orders can be placed the next day. On Christmas. I'm betting that most/all proxies won't be accepting orders that day, and maybe for several days afterwards, because they'll be closed for the holiday.

image.thumb.png.39b36ff9160540f9fe2be732bfc6d1e8.png

guess i'll be checking back here christmas eve and day to see where i can get this.  thin i gave my proxy a https://p-bandai.jp/contents/global/  link or something like that for my kakizaki.  that said i thin i'm done with this line after the vf-1d.  the kakizaki was a "i just can't resist this deco" moment.  the vf-1d will complete the trio of the more important valks to me, the vf-1j, the vf-1s, and the vf-1d...all from the first 1/3 or so of SDFM and 2/3 from the first few episodes.

5 hours ago, altego101 said:

Logged into AE and saw that my super parts were ready to ship.  Also saw an order I placed nearly 3 years ago sitting in their warehouse waiting for me that I had long forgotten.  Quite fittingly it’s the Hi-Metal VF-1D just in time for the DX preorder.  Its probably long lost or sold but I just bundled it with my TV supers and will see what they say lol.  What’s the longest anyone’s had an item sitting in AE storage?  

D8BC12A5-15A7-4D25-A5BE-F7C2E10CAC4E.jpeg

I’ve had things sit in their warehouse between 1-2 years. All delivered when requested, no problem.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, Lolicon said:

Thanks! :good:

Thanks @Saburo! Still trying to get my photos to look as good as a I can. :D

Now that's a spectacular shot! :good:

Your shots are coming out great, keep it up and thank you!

On 12/19/2020 at 11:56 PM, seti88 said:

Saburo, are you thinking of putting the kites onto DYRL strike packs or the skulls on TV packs?:acute:

I had thought about, but I was just curious if the emblems were still removable and makes it easier to make customized emblems. ;)

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Based on this image posted on the Tamashii Nations site, we'll get more information on 24 Dec. No guarantee that orders can be placed that day. According to Dengeki Hobby Web, orders can be placed the next day. On Christmas. I'm betting that most/all proxies won't be accepting orders that day, and maybe for several days afterwards, because they'll be closed for the holiday.

I might try to get one of these, even though the wife will be super pissed.  I skipped the Kaki TWE and I sort of regretted it because it was a chance to get one of these at MSRP.  Had it in the shopping cart for a while, the sale was open for a decent amount of time and it was nothing like the Roy pre-order $hitstorm.

Will see if I can get it in my cart and checkout without difficulty, if not, I won't stress about it.

13 hours ago, Roi_Fokka said:

Anyone hear from Nin Nin for the TV Super Parts? Or do they usually have delays on releases.

Got my shipping notice from NNG last night, via DHL.  It's already in the States as of this morning.  

Hope you get your shipping notice soon...

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I hope some shop will be operating to get the proxy order in. Can't wait. I hope this will be a stress free release just like the Kakizaki 1A.

Having this side by side with the TV Roy 1S will be super nice.

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

I hope some shop will be operating to get the proxy order in. Can't wait. I hope this will be a stress free release just like the Kakizaki 1A.

Having this side by side with the TV Roy 1S will be super nice.

:hi:

1122641336_TV_VF-1S_VF-1Dcopy.thumb.jpg.85fe731616da26a8d4b4f2cf90014a2c.jpg

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

:hi:

1122641336_TV_VF-1S_VF-1Dcopy.thumb.jpg.85fe731616da26a8d4b4f2cf90014a2c.jpg

exactly what I have in mind. The very first episode.

I hope they will include (or we can 3-D print, if the head can be move out of the way enough) the open head hatch with pilot seat coming out gimmick.

Oh, wow... so AE just sent me an in-stock notice for my second set of TV super packs, the ones ordered from the spring release. :blink: 

I wonder if they had a bunch of payments fail to go through on the first batch, so they're spreading out their excess to the next round?  Not that I mind, since Okini Land hasn't sent me anything about my backup order with them, but I wonder how much the shipping is going to be for the AE box I get once I have them ship in January.. since it's now going to hold two super packs, a Roy, and a YF-29 re-issue. :ph34r:

Edit: Actually, now that I checked the order numbers, I think they goofed, and sent me a notice about the second order first, then followed up with the correct December release.  Checking my account page, the later release is still waiting for stock, with no option to ship yet.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I sent a ticket to Okini land asking for a status update and the shipping estimate for my TV supers. It’s almost been a week and no reply. Has everyone else already received their order already in the US? 

They just started shipping them out. And why are you asking them a week ago when these just started getting into collector's hands about 3-4 days ago and those people live in Japan?

Edited by crackpot

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

I had thought about, but I was just curious if the emblems were still removable and makes it easier to make customized emblems. ;)

:acute: hehe saburo squadron...yea it is a nice opportunity for a customized emblems...

hmmm a nice idea for 3D printed blank placeholders too eh! Instead of having to paint over or cover over the skulls or kites...

Get to it MWForummers! :lol:

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

:acute: hehe saburo squadron...yea it is a nice opportunity for a customized emblems...

hmmm a nice idea for 3D printed blank placeholders too eh! Instead of having to paint over or cover over the skulls or kites...

Get to it MWForummers! :lol:

Those blanks should be pretty easy to make, since they're just a flat disc with a couple pegs.  Whether a printer could make them is up for grabs though, and it might actually just be simpler to cut them from sheet plastic, and glue on the pegs.

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Those blanks should be pretty easy to make, since they're just a flat disc with a couple pegs.  Whether a printer could make them is up for grabs though, and it might actually just be simpler to cut them from sheet plastic, and glue on the pegs.

I do see a slight curvature to the emblems and also slightly oval/square-ish side(?) shape which needs to be compensated.  

A 3d print maybe a better option for a tighter fit.

Or put the 3D printed ones down for folks with $$$ (cant imagine it to be expensive to 3d print it tho) or 0 DIY skillz :D 

But yes, agree that it shouldn't be too hard to DIY. Depends on your level of OCDness ;)

Noticed it from tekerings photo few pages back..

identical.thumb.jpg.877e6845380121d6feefac86f175dd4c.thumb.jpg.9b116f89f8612cb871e4a1ac508a9fa0.jpg 

Edited by seti88

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I do see a slight curvature to the emblems and also slightly oval/square-ish side(?) shape which needs to be compensated.  

A 3d print maybe a better option for a tighter fit.

Or put the 3D printed ones down for folks with $$$ (cant imagine it to be expensive to 3d print it tho) or 0 DIY skillz :D 

But yes, agree that it shouldn't be too hard to DIY. Depends on your level of OCDness ;)

Hah, yeah, the OCDness is really what it boils down to.  I was actually thinking of just using plastic thin enough that it would bend to fit, or just be thin enough to be a "good enough" fit that you couldn't see the difference.  The recessed area gives you a little room to work with, at least.  ^_^ 

Really though, this is probably a prime project for a Shapeways store item. 

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Looking forward to the VF-1D.  It will be cool if the left lower arm is easily removable and the toy comes with a Minmay figure.

Please no.. no more detachable limbs.  :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

55 minutes ago, crackpot said:

They just started shipping them out. And why are you asking them a week ago when these just started getting into collector's hands about 3-4 days ago and those people live in Japan?

Thanks. I sent them a note on the 18th to be precise, because I had not selected a shipping method for the order when I placed it. Not jumping the gun IMO to ask for next steps on shipping, and I sure hope they aren’t offended!

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Oh, wow... so AE just sent me an in-stock notice for my second set of TV super packs, the ones ordered from the spring release. :blink: 

I wonder if they had a bunch of payments fail to go through on the first batch, so they're spreading out their excess to the next round?  Not that I mind, since Okini Land hasn't sent me anything about my backup order with them, but I wonder how much the shipping is going to be for the AE box I get once I have them ship in January.. since it's now going to hold two super packs, a Roy, and a YF-29 re-issue. :ph34r:

Edit: Actually, now that I checked the order numbers, I think they goofed, and sent me a notice about the second order first, then followed up with the correct December release.  Checking my account page, the later release is still waiting for stock, with no option to ship yet.

Same thing here with AE.  I was hoping I'd be able to ship them together.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

It's a circle that is slightly curved, with two small pegs on the back (slightly different sizes) so you can attach it firmly to the booster. I don't think it would be hard to design that in a CAD program. The standard material options at places like Shapeways should be able to provide sufficient accuracy with a relatively smooth finish.

58 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Please no.. no more detachable limbs.  :p 

Arcadia should also consider releasing the vf-1d ...removable limbs are something they pioneered! :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's a circle that is slightly curved, with two small pegs on the back (slightly different sizes) so you can attach it firmly to the booster. I don't think it would be hard to design that in a CAD program. The standard material options at places like Shapeways should be able to provide sufficient accuracy with a relatively smooth finish.

Always been a mind bender for me, how to get curvature details translated into software accurately and then a corresponding 3d printer to also match it from there...

TECHNOLOGY! :good:

6 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

It wouldn’t be hard to draw.......if you had something to work off of. Is that curve one radius? Don’t know. If you had a 3D printer and could sneak up on it it would be be too bad. It would probably take a few failed attempts to get it dialed in perfect. 

That is unless you had a 3D scanner.;)

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Arcadia should also consider releasing the vf-1d ...removable limbs are something they pioneered! :lol::lol:

Always been a mind bender for me, how to get curvature details translated into software accurately and then a corresponding 3d printer to also match it from there...

TECHNOLOGY! :good:

If the curve is a single radius not too hard. If not, REALLY hard.

3 hours ago, crackpot said:

This.
It’s not about offending them but it’s the busiest time of the year in the middle of a pandemic worse than we’ve seen in our lifetimes. Is some toy that just came out a week ago in Japan that has to go through proxy’s to get anywhere else and shouldn’t be sold to anyone outside of Japan really that big of a deal that anyone needs to be sending messages asking about it right now? I’m waiting a couple weeks into the new year before I even begin to think about asking about any of my pending toys.