Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, kkx said:

DeJapan still have not receive my tv super pack. :( Anyone else have heard from them?

13 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

nothing here either atm.

They use multiple locations to preorder the items to get around the limit ,    so it can take around a week or so to get the item from 1 location to their main warehouse.  

16 minutes ago, F360 said:

They use multiple locations to preorder the items to get around the limit ,    so it can take around a week or so to get the item from 1 location to their main warehouse.  

Thank you for the information. I wasn't aware, but it makes plenty of sense. I'm not expecting it anytime before the end of the year anyways due to all the delays (it's to be expected).

Ok, time to get SUPER anal about the Super Packs.  Question is about the HMMP-02

dx-tv-armor-on-stand-alt-jpg.28885499

IMG_20201221_130238.thumb.jpg.4e83e84435cd0dce64e2b6fb60e3a448.jpg

Valkyries+-+Tenjin+Hidetaka+Art+Works+-0

hs140610.jpg

Seems like Bandai and Yamato have different opinions on this, ad even Tenjin varies this between box art. 

Is there supposed to be a designated left and right HMMP-02 used on both left and right NP-BP-01 (therefore appearing symmetrical), or is it supposed to be just one HMMP-02 which is used on both left and right NP-BP-01?

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Thanks you for the info.

38 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Interestingly, in that Tenjin DYRL pic, Roy's AMM-1 missiles are both on a single pylon and the other 3 in skull squadron have 2 AMM-1 on 2 pylons.  Roy's are accurate to the anime, so why are the others done incorrectly?

Weird, another detail I didn't notice.  I was just thinking about the location of the little red dot on the HMMP-002, but now that you mention the missiles.....

Max, Kakizaki and Hikaru were added in after, along with the weapons packs to Roy's Strike.  The original box art didn't have the extra stuff.

When I built my 1/72 Hasegawa, I made the HMMP-02 all the same so they are all interchangeable.

IMG_20200712_002333.thumb.jpg.18defc92115a4dbe70be7ff1dacafd1d.jpg

Could the placement of red dot on the HMMP-02 be another variance between SDFM and DYRL?  After all, we don't see strike cannons in SDFM. 

This is an easy enough thing for me to hand-wave, personally.  Perhaps the (fictional) manufacturers started early production runs differentiating the sensor/light placement as left or right, then realized the interchangeability of the store made it pointless to do so, resulting in the decision to produce all further versions with the sensor/light positioned in the same place in the name of efficiency.  Ergo, you have fewer in inventory with the sensor on the lower starboard corner of the front of the HMMP-02, but they do exist. 

Edited by Draykov

6 hours ago, BKPMacross said:

Has anyone ordered the Roy DX from Luna Park and actually received their item?  They sent me a tracking number on Nov 30th but it still says shipment info received. 

Mine was also info received on the 30th, finally had movement on December 10th and received it on the 14th.

The red dot on the packs from the movie varies.

708956513_ScreenShot2020-12-21at3_22_08PM.thumb.jpg.710ee1ab1b1d97a68d441c61568da96d.jpg

112300756_ScreenShot2020-12-21at3_28_47PM.thumb.jpg.d503dbb8740fe2548226a01294926053.jpg

1930404089_ScreenShot2020-12-21at3_29_23PM.thumb.jpg.5482d81ec4844ed969bc1548436d4c88.jpg

Also Hikaru's AMM-1 (x2) is also using one pylon like Roy's artwork from this shot.

1013748574_ScreenShot2020-12-21at3_23_11PM.thumb.jpg.ba8a31f8ce7dd0d215e5a672f9e9afd5.jpg

But then, one/two pylon/s or not, does it really carry such armaments based on this image? :rolleyes:

1037367508_ScreenShot2020-12-21at3_24_48PM.thumb.jpg.b753293dad2b80f741fd414eb59bb22d.jpg

Lol, sorry guys, just me being bored and looking for something to talk about.

In the end, I think we may have to chalk it up to animation errors, and it's a level of detail that even the creators, animators and  toy companies never even paid attention to.

image.thumb.png.54de76dc6c4c35841884237f776312c5.png

Lol, even in the same image they are different, not just the pylons....the little red dots on the HMMP-02....Max and Kakizaki are both symmetrical, Hikaru has both lefties (left from his point of view).

15 minutes ago, gulan said:

i just paid the 2nd payment from dejapan for 2 sets of tv super.  fedex shipping was 3600yen for 2 sets.

Nice, I hope I hear from them in a few days. Is FedEx the only shipping options? Are they still doing surface parcel?

Anyone order the Missile set and Strike / Super parts from Kurama Toys back in the summer received them yet? I think I ordered everything over a year ago, but never received any updates . they kept claiming Covid mail delays but was able to get the VF-1S Roy from Amazon JP no issues..

now i'm wondering if they just took my money (paypal) and dont have any stock...

18 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Frankly, I'm not sure anything "normal" exists at this point.  Prices are crazy across the board, and I can't find any two vendors with similar shipping costs.

The new normal is abnormal.

92ba82be4fc7eede29b2567bc01890c9.jpg

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Takatoku?  Well....I guess from a "certain point of view" so did Bandai......:friends:

large.20200501_223707.jpg.2efd6101d42283

large.20200501_223729.jpg.0ce1441a7e1feb

large.2040037243_BandaiTakatokusticker.j

It was my understanding that Takatoku was the manufacturer of this figure. How did the Bandai logo get branded on the box and figure?
For reference, I am aware that Takatoku was later acquired by Matsuhiro, but that still doesn't explain how the Bandai logo got branded on the box/figure.

42 minutes ago, dragontype said:

Has anyone else received a message from Kurama Toys Online on arrival of the TV SSPs?  The cost to ship via FEDEX to California is 75.00 USD.  Is that .... normal?

It is not normal, but it is current; I was charged ~$75 from Mandarake for shipping to mid-east coast USA at the beginning of December for a VF item.

Edited by MWUser

1 minute ago, VX31 said:

Anyone order the Missile set and Strike / Super parts from Kurama Toys back in the summer received them yet? I think I ordered everything over a year ago, but never received any updates . they kept claiming Covid mail delays but was able to get the VF-1S Roy from Amazon JP no issues..

now i'm wondering if they just took my money (paypal) and dont have any stock...

I just received an email yesterday from them asking if I wanted to upgrade to FedEx (which I did) and that they’ll be shipping this December. 

34 minutes ago, dragontype said:

Has anyone else received a message from Kurama Toys Online on arrival of the TV SSPs?  The cost to ship via FEDEX to California is 75.00 USD.  Is that .... normal?

How many sets? My one set with them was $33.50 FedEx to California.

4 minutes ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Wow! Looks kinda like they’re charging you per item.

Right? I might as well ask them to ship one at a time if that's the case. Haha, oh wells.  I'll figure it out somehow.  Just wondering if anyone was seeing a situation similar and if they found a work around.  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, OzmaLee74 said:

How many sets? My one set with them was $33.50 FedEx to California.

I got one set from Kurama toys and they are asking $48 USD to Ontario Canada. I asked them to kindly check again and provide dimensions and weight of their shipper box made out of steel.

Edited by Angesdad

18 minutes ago, MWUser said:

It was my understanding that Takatoku was the manufacturer of this figure. How did the Bandai logo get branded on the box and figure?
For reference, I am aware that Takatoku was later acquired by , but that still doesn't explain how the Bandai logo got branded on the box/figure.

Have you ever tried Google?:rolleyes:

I just found all the answers you are looking for and then some in under a minute.

Edited by sqidd

I’m kinda glad my second set of SP was ordered from BIJ. They upgraded my Movie SSP’s to FedEx for free. Hope that’s still the case when it ships next year. Or hopefully Japan Post resumes normal operation by then.

I asked this yesterday. Apparently no one noticed. I'll try again:

What did you guys end up paying for the TV Supers "sitting on your doorstep"? Cost of supers, proxy fees, shipping, tax, etc. Total in your hands cost? Thanks