Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

They already announced and had the preorder for the 2nd round, which releases in April and likewise immediately sold out.  Maybe they'll do a 3rd round...

I thought Okiniland still had TV supers? That's where I bought mine recently. Edit: My bad it was MyKombini and they are sold out.

Edit: I couldn't find the TV supers on their site but they still have Roy for 27,000 Yen. Not a terrible price imo.

https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=5

Edited by Paco Grande

6 hours ago, vladykins said:

And the angles of the armor are slightly different as well, especially the arm armor. The arm pieces are more hex-ended and straight across in DYRL instead of angled on the SDFM.

Using @jenius's images, here's the DYRL and SDFM arm pieces:

https://i1.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Yamato-148-Strike-Parts-15-1024x576.jpg

Overall, if you had to get only set of Super Parts for your VF-1*. which would be recommended: DYRL or TV?

*Note: Asterisk (*) represents all the various VF-1 releases.

Edited by MWUser

3 minutes ago, MWUser said:

Overall, if you had to get only set of Super Parts for your VF-1*. which would be recommended: DYRL or TV?

That would depend on what your priorities are in collecting.

If you're a bigger DYRL fan than SDFM and you only have a DYRL valk/s, obviously you should get the DYRL set.  And vise versa.

If you're simply in it for the cool toys, then get the DYRL set for the awesome shoulder cannon. :good: And since the DYRL set comes with a backpack missile pod to replace the cannon, and the only difference seems to be the shape of the forearm missile pod and the slight color and sticker difference, you could use the DYRL set for both if those differences don't bother you.

So, given the choice of the two, you also have to consider whether you want the TV reaction missiles, because if you weren't able to procure a full missile set, this is also an option.

All things considered though, I would go for the DYRL version.  Ignoring the differences in the arm packs, I think it is easier to make a "TV" set out of DYRL packs than it is to make the TV packs look passable as a DYRL version.  In my mind, it's better to have the strike cannon and not use it all the time, than to not have it at all.  The DYRL set also comes with swappable Skull logos that you can use to match any of the DYRL valks, and it would be relatively simple to repaint/decal/sticker over one of those with the UN kite logo for a TV-style marking, if you don't plan on ever using one of the colors.

Of course, this all may be purely rhetorical if you can't find a set of DYRL packs at this point.  Market being what it is, the TV packs may be all you can get at what you consider a reasonable price.

46 minutes ago, MWUser said:

My initial plan are just DYRL's since I'm just getting Hikaru's white VF-1 units. That way, color-wise Bandai have same whether it's DYRL or TV compared to the white differences from Yamato and Arcadia. And since NY messed up on my set of SSP, I placed an order for a TV SSP set so I'll have a backup. But if Bandai will going to release 1A bundled with Super Pack, then I'm good again for consistency sake. ;)

4 hours ago, MWUser said:

Save $ and get both.

The other one thing that the TV packs have is the clear adapter for mounting on roy's special stand.

Am just waiting for someone to confirm and display a DYRL pack on roy's VF-1S on a banking angle on roy's special stand...

Why would you want that you may say?

Well, when the roy DYRL DX does come out, then you take the DYRL roy (cos likely it will have no special stand), add the strike packs, add the clear banking adapter and roys special stand = DYRL roy with strike parts floating on a clear adapter with roy's emblem beneath it on a stand! :lol:

Thanks a lot bandai!!

EpfczM3VoAEExIJ.thumb.jpg.2746669fa7f94c4e23ec6d3271e96524.jpg

Edited by seti88

I think I'd want that a lot more if I could stomach the aesthetics of any of Bandai's stand mounts. :p  I'd probably be more likely to use that stand to hold up a Hasegawa kit.

Besides the giant chunks of plastic holding the things up, I still have no real words for how disappointed I was that they just continued to pop out their boring-as-hell default hexagon stands for these.  

For sure, bandai's default stands are more funtional ie. do not let your expensive valk crash on the floor.
The only way to spruce them up is to custom them.

Or if bandai could do more like the SMS emblem stands of the VF-25's. Now that at least isnt a complete eyesore.

And just add clear parts instead of black pieces for the stand arms, for goodness sake bandai!

:5:

With yeti stands OOP though, bandai's special stands are the closest we can get to a stand with something macross lettering/symbol related on it at the moment.

Better something than nothing kind of a situation. ^_^

Plus, it puts the valks in a banking angle! :D 

Edited by seti88

On 12/15/2020 at 3:31 PM, orbitalharvest said:

just so insanely well done!

Thank you @orbitalharvest!

On 12/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, MKT said:

When blown up on the big PC screen, it's the best vicarious experience! :good:

Thank you @MKT!

On 12/16/2020 at 12:17 AM, Lolicon said:

Amazing pics! You can see the off-center skull! :rolleyes:

Thank you @Lolicon, i try not to look at the skull.  lol