Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

A major info for regular Macross pre-orders for @MWUser since he's a newbie:

During pre-order madness (should you attend one next year) , there's going to be a mad rush to get your orders at any given site. Pre-orders will either

(1) Error/Time out/Website Crash

(2) If you get into a site by the luck of a draw and you click in your order and go to the pre-payment page, you'll get the spinning wheel of death (as your order is unknown) 

(3) At the same time, others are also putting their pre-orders so there's a possibility that your order will be cart jacked

(4) Should your pre-order get through, consider yourself very lucky to get a pre-order in

(5) Email of order confirmation of your pre-order, however some of us has been kicked out or denied as the pre-orders has exceeded their limit

* Just started recently by @DYRL VF-1S: Get your drink of choice during pre-order madness due to the fact its a real crap fest. For anyone that says "Cart Jacked! or "Website Crash" take a shot! * :D

2 minutes ago, Mecachrome said:

So like the PS5 madness but 10x worse?

Yes... PS5 is worldwide release as Macross is very limited as its only for Japanese markets only. Some Japanese stores will not send it overseas due to the Harmony Gold embargo, however some will get sent into select stores in States as they have to pay a export/middle man fee to get the stuff in. 

If you see comments on why there is not enough Macross stuff being sent overseas, license approval and the ban that HG has imposed.

On the subject of TWE releases I think what @DYRL VF-1S was trying to say as nicely as possible was that sometimes they are very, very limited. People that have the system "dialed" would be crazy to hand off their experience/planning to potentially get beat out by someone who hasn't put the work in. We're all brothers here........to a point. That said, and @DYRL VF-1S eluded to. Once you have secured your PO and maybe back up post up where you had success at and help other board members out. And if you do get a back up and it does materialize sell it to someone on the board that missed out (after release/delivery).

I have a buddy living in JP that is going to secure a 1D for me if I can't PO one the morning after (I'm not doing the middle of the night madness thing). If I'm going to have him secure one I'll consider having him max out how many he can get and sell the extras on the board for cost. I have some number crunching to do on that though. Shipping gets silly when you're dealing with boxes that big. The per unit cost to ship goes up opposed to down sometimes. As arse backward as that is.

Just now, sqidd said:

On the subject of TWE releases I think what @DYRL VF-1S was trying to say as nicely as possible was that sometimes they are very, very limited. People that have the system "dialed" would be crazy to hand off their experience/planning to potentially get beat out by someone who hasn't put the work in. We're all brothers here........to a point. That said, and @DYRL VF-1S eluded to. Once you have secured your PO and maybe back up post up where you had success at and help other board members out. And if you do get a back up and it does materialize sell it to someone on the board that missed out (after release/delivery).

I have a buddy living in JP that is going to secure a 1D for me if I can't PO one the morning after (I'm not doing the middle of the night madness thing). If I'm going to have him secure one I'll consider having him max out how many he can get and sell the extras on the board for cost. I have some number crunching to do on that though. Shipping gets silly when you're dealing with boxes that big. The per unit cost to ship goes up opposed to down sometimes. As arse backward as that is.

Gotta ship by boat if you do that! The other thing is that there are TWE limits power customer so your friend might have to enlist help out get creative.

Macross is absolutely harder. If we miss PO night by a few seconds, we lose our chance to get one at MSRP. The price only goes up from there and usually by $100 or more not including shipping. I'm sure I could get a PS5 if I'm willing to pay $100 over MSRP. If I wait long enough I WILL get one at MSRP. Wait a few years, and I'm sure MSRP will drop by $100 or so. I can't say the same about Macross.

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

Gotta ship by boat if you do that! The other thing is that there are TWE limits power customer so your friend might have to enlist help out get creative.

Yeah, that's part of the number crunching. I opened a DHL and UPS International business account too. I'm still beating them up on rates.

The trick with DHL is how their packed. If you pack them right you can ship them for reasonable money (thin bubble wrap between each one and "armor" around the perimeter of the box). Places like Buyee, Tenso, From Japan, etc just chuck them in a big box wasting sometimes up to 1/3 of the volume and ship them...........for way too much money.

I think my buddy is limited to 6? or maybe 8? IDK. I only want one. I'm not looking hard to hang my tail out to the tune of $1000+ for 6mo just to sell them at cost on the board. I'm not necessarily looking not to do it either. I'm just going to have to see how the numbers shake out and frankly what sort of mood I'm in that day. 

32 minutes ago, sqidd said:

:friends:

14 hours ago, gabuyan said:

Good for you. Just got a BS message from Nin-nin saying due to Christmas and Covid my VF-1S preparation is delayed. Now I'm wondering if I'll even get it before Christmas. I live in SG so there's no reason they can't send it over in 2 weeks unless they are delaying.

I pretty much got the same message. They say my order is in dispatch awaiting shipping. That was 4 days ago. I ended up getting another Roy from Okini Land to be safe which has already shipped and $100 cheaper than Nin Nin.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Yes... PS5 is worldwide release as Macross is very limited as its only for Japanese markets only. Some Japanese stores will not send it overseas due to the Harmony Gold embargo, however some will get sent into select stores in States as they have to pay a export/middle man fee to get the stuff in. 

If you see comments on why there is not enough Macross stuff being sent overseas, license approval and the ban that HG has imposed.

Given the above, does that mean, say for the VF-1D preorder, that even if you make it successfully to the checkout screen and enter your pay credentials will that vendor (Tamashii in this example) not ship to an address outside Japan?

Edited by MWUser

15 minutes ago, MWUser said:

Given the above, does that mean, say for the VF-1D preorder, that even if you make it successfully to the checkout screen and enter your pay credentials will that vendor (Tamashii in this example) not ship to an address outside Japan?

You can't even have an account to order directly from Bandai/Tamashii unless you have a (unique) Japanese address and phone number.

If you're buying somewhere else, they're buying it from Bandai/Tamashii and then shipping it out to you after they receive it.

4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Macross is absolutely harder. If we miss PO night by a few seconds, we lose our chance to get one at MSRP. The price only goes up from there and usually by $100 or more not including shipping. I'm sure I could get a PS5 if I'm willing to pay $100 over MSRP. If I wait long enough I WILL get one at MSRP. Wait a few years, and I'm sure MSRP will drop by $100 or so. I can't say the same about Macross.

Also, the Valkyrie is slightly more likely to be fun the first month! I don't understand rushing out to get a new system with like 5 games on it total. I have bought every Playstation, but only one on preorder.. and then I ended up moving in with a friend and we only needed one so we scalped mine. First and last scalping I did. We were in college and needed the $

5 hours ago, borgified said:

A major info for regular Macross pre-orders for @MWUser since he's a newbie:

During pre-order madness (should you attend one next year) , there's going to be a mad rush to get your orders at any given site. Pre-orders will either

(1) Error/Time out/Website Crash

(2) If you get into a site by the luck of a draw and you click in your order and go to the pre-payment page, you'll get the spinning wheel of death (as your order is unknown) 

(3) At the same time, others are also putting their pre-orders so there's a possibility that your order will be cart jacked

(4) Should your pre-order get through, consider yourself very lucky to get a pre-order in

(5) Email of order confirmation of your pre-order, however some of us has been kicked out or denied as the pre-orders has exceeded their limit

* Just started recently by @DYRL VF-1S: Get your drink of choice during pre-order madness due to the fact its a real crap fest. For anyone that says "Cart Jacked! or "Website Crash" take a shot! * :D

*Do not do this. You will get alcohol poisoning and we'll all feel very guilty with your death on our consciences.

28 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

*Do not do this. You will get alcohol poisoning and we'll all feel very guilty with your death on our consciences.

Well.. Some of us are better adapted to handle alcohol better than others. Unless you have stomach ulcer/liver cirrhosis/shot kidney(s), and you pooch during pre-order madness, then who is responsible (youself or your peers)? :unknw:

20 hours ago, MKT said:

Love the edit you did there @no3Ljm :lol:

Thanks! :hi: Though I have to ask @Saburo first if it's ok to mess up his pix. Hahaha! :lol: 

8 hours ago, levzloi said:

One of the admins should really sticky one of the recent posts about the proxies, and the stores that will carry it, it's going to be an ongoing question.

That's going to be tough. We have the Macross Toy Releases thread that wasn't updated since 2017. And it's not helpful anymore. At this point, I don't mind if they give @jenius permission to make edits on it just to keep it recent. After all, this is MacrossWorld. What's the point of that sticky thread if it's not going to be updated? But then, we can just check Jenius' Scorched Earth Toys website for infos or you can just lurk here if anyone is going to drop infos about it. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Seriously?...PS5 is way worse....way more demand for a PS5 than a DX VF-1S...just follow the aftermarket asking/sales prices for proof...lol

Pardon me. But what's PS5? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You can't even have an account to order directly from Bandai/Tamashii unless you have a (unique) Japanese address and phone number.

If you're buying somewhere else, they're buying it from Bandai/Tamashii and then shipping it out to you after they receive it.

So, then on preorder (PO) night in order to join the other users here on seeing if they (us) can secure a preorder of a Valkyrie (or multiple) - does that mean I would need a Japanese (unqiue) address and a Japanese phone in order to join the other users here on securing preorders?

Edited by MWUser

11 minutes ago, MWUser said:

So, then on preorder (PO) night in order to join the other users here on seeing if they (us) can secure a preorder of a Valkyrie (or multiple) - does that mean I would need a Japanese (unqiue) address and a Japanese phone in order to join the other users here on securing preorders?

If you live in Japan, yes. If you're outside Japan, you need to use Proxy service in order to place an order directly from P-Bandai (TWE).

This is how it works. You copy the item's URL link and send that to Proxy service of your choice. They're the ones who's going to order it for you. Hence, you have to pay proxy fees including the shipping cost of the item from the shop to their warehouse plus the shipping fee to send it to you.

The other work around is you have to know the Proxy's warehouse address and use that to fill the order form of some exclusive online shop.

Or you can just order it directly from shops that sells TWE items such as Nin-Nin-Game, CDJapan, Anime-Export, BigInJapan to name a few. At this point, majority of members here doesn't endorse Nippon-Yasan anymore. We advice members to NOT TO USE NIPPON-YASAN anymore. But if that's your last shop to go to, order at your own risk.

Edited by no3Ljm

14 minutes ago, MWUser said:

No, even with that you will will not be able to order from p-bandai because you need to have a Japanese Creditcard.

So, in order preorder it. you would need someone or a store in japan to do this for you.  which is also know as Proxy.  They will shop for you on your behalf for a small fee.

There are some stores what will so that and you will be able to preorder from those store..  what are those store?  you will see members post links here when they see it.

So just check out this thread at the time for post and links to stores if you did not do your reach on some possible targets. :lol:

Below is a example of what happens when the `1/48 tV super parts going up for preorder on the p-bandai site,.   for TWE items.    You have lots of time before the vf-1D preorder. So Read those pages , it will have references,  possible stores that normally post p-bandai TWE items orders. .  Dont stop at 1 or 2 pages.  read the heck out of them.. 10- 20. 30 pages. it does not take much times.  After that you should have a very good idea of preordering p-bandai TWE items,.

This is the same for all other preoders.  find out the history of when preoder date was. .  Then just back to the dates on this thread that is preoder date and see what happen.  read, read, read.  it will have all the info you ever need. :lol:

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

I hope Bandai makes a note of that for their 1/35 toy.

If Bandai goes 1/35 I'd want them to address the shortcomings of the 1/48 while adding new features that we haven't seen on smaller scales. A PT backpack antenna is cool but it's at the bottom of the list. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I hope Bandai makes a note of that for their 1/35 toy.

In 1/35 scale that's going to be 'telescopic'. But then I rather see the repair manipulators, sliding out arm sequence and hands at that scale instead. And yes, @spanner. If only. :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm glad that you were able to get the refund. :good:

59 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

In 1/35 scale that's going to be 'telescopic'. But then I rather see the repair manipulators, sliding out arm sequence and hands at that scale instead. And yes, @spanner. If only. :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm glad that you were able to get the refund. :good:

Even at 1/35 scale a telescoping antenna would be super fragile. I'm for it though!

I can imagine all the complaints on here about broken antennae though. ;)

Happy report that my 2 Roys from Nin Nin Game have been shipped out and should be in bound to me in a few days via Fedex.  My last ticket to them indicated that they would receive stock hopefully this week or early next week which was true in my case.  For the record I was in the early batch of orders at $170ish a piece.  Got a prep in progress notification Monday and subsequent email for added shipping cost.  Thankfully I wont need to stare longingly at everyones pics and can enjoy my own copy soon.  

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Even at 1/35 scale a telescoping antenna would be super fragile. I'm for it though!

I can imagine all the complaints on here about broken antennae though. ;)

At that scale, I'm pretty sure they will include a PVC antenna for rough playing. After all, this is Bandai that we're talking about. ;)