Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, vladykins said:

To have this post:

Then have this post:

And now I'm here with @mantisfists sitting in the gutter.

giphy.thumb.gif.42556c551bf5ea56b3c175fc85ce478e.gif

I didn't even see that.  My adolescent mind is so disappointed in itself.

....and the gutter's where it's at.  After all, we all float down here

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

LOL :rofl::rofl:

See what you started @sh9000????

Yeah, @sh9000!  This is all YOUR fault!

large.FD9F49FF-6F14-406C-8BE2-C51079612031.jpeg.a1a903d23a1a505c2e0d69785325057c.jpeg

But first I'll do the Gerwalk landing pose from SDFM with the DX VF-1S Roy like the HM here before transforming it to Battroid mode.

large.38322209-DC98-4D60-9F39-99BB3CB1FC61.jpeg.1f5d73a9101761a37635371bb1cb6368.jpeg

And since a lot of poses are reused, this one with the VF-1S Roy should be easy to do again.

Edited by sh9000

11 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

large.FD9F49FF-6F14-406C-8BE2-C51079612031.jpeg.a1a903d23a1a505c2e0d69785325057c.jpeg

But first I'll do the Gerwalk landing pose with the DX VF-1S Roy like the HM here before transforming it to Battroid mode.

large.38322209-DC98-4D60-9F39-99BB3CB1FC61.jpeg.1f5d73a9101761a37635371bb1cb6368.jpeg

Since a lot of poses are reused by Takani, this one with the VF-1S Roy should be easy to do again.

The DX head sculpts are on point.  I just love every one of em.  Minus hollowed out head lasers, they're near perfect IMO.

2 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

I love your shots so much! Instead of taking pics of my own copies I just wait for you to post and save your pics instead. :D

Thank you @Paco Grande, I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

@Saburo :good: :friends:

@no3Ljm ;) :good:

18 hours ago, derex3592 said:

DAMN that is a wicked money shot!!! 

Thank you @derex3592!! 

Edited by Saburo

2 hours ago, CzarAlko said:

Finally got my order from Nin Nin, well packaged, not a dent on the cardboard. The VF-1S is truly impressive! 

Good for you. Just got a BS message from Nin-nin saying due to Christmas and Covid my VF-1S preparation is delayed. Now I'm wondering if I'll even get it before Christmas. I live in SG so there's no reason they can't send it over in 2 weeks unless they are delaying.

4 hours ago, gabuyan said:

Good for you. Just got a BS message from Nin-nin saying due to Christmas and Covid my VF-1S preparation is delayed. Now I'm wondering if I'll even get it before Christmas. I live in SG so there's no reason they can't send it over in 2 weeks unless they are delaying.

Hello fellow SGrean, there are a few of us here

5 hours ago, gabuyan said:

I got mine from Nin Nin last Tuesday, hope you get yours soon. Am from sg too.

6 hours ago, gabuyan said:

Hope you get yours soon! once its shipped you will get it in no time, DHL is no joke

2 hours ago, MWUser said:

Is there a calendar graphic/image of the 1/48 Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1* releases (both past and future)? Specifically, I would like to know how many of the future releases they've already announced.

Maybe you can use the Tamashii Nations Macross page?

You can play around with the filter to make your search more specific....

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/1/?number=40&order=new&brand=dx_chogokin&ck1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1&ok=Filter+by+this+condition#gi_subcatearea

2 hours ago, MWUser said:

Is there a calendar graphic/image of the 1/48 Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1* releases (both past and future)? Specifically, I would like to know how many of the future releases they've already announced.

You can look on Jenius' site for past release dates.

There is only one future release date right now. 12/24 for the VF-1D.

Edited by sqidd

7 minutes ago, gundamOO said:

Does anyone know what the price is going to be for the VF-1D 1/48 DX?   Also what website site will carry it

Thx 

Hasn't been published yet but likely 18,000 Yen (19,800 with in-country tax). However, outside of Japan, there's usually a markup for TWE so prices will vary by shop (the few that sell TWE) or vary fees any proxies will charge.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

56 minutes ago, gundamOO said:

Does anyone know what the price is going to be for the VF-1D 1/48 DX?   Also what website site will carry it

Thx 

One of the admins should really sticky one of the recent posts about the proxies, and the stores that will carry it, it's going to be an ongoing question.

20 minutes ago, levzloi said:

One of the admins should really sticky one of the recent posts about the proxies, and the stores that will carry it, it's going to be an ongoing question.

Been the bane of this thread for two years. I think for proxies part of the challenge with TWEs is that P-Bandai only allows a quantity of 6 from one address. So for example, the last couple of TWE rounds people have graciously said FromJapan. Well, now people are getting orders canceled, etc. because everyone is attempting to use this them. I'm going to be a d&*k for a moment - It's called Google. Use it. I don't think anyone needs to share the proxies they use if it's to the detriment of actually obtaining a TWE for oneself. But hey, that's just my opinion.

In regard to a list of stores, there already is one here:

Edit: And to clarify my opinion a bit, there are people here who take, take, take and never contribute to the community or helping others actually get the Valks we all love. Further, there are soooo many lurkers who scrape for info and are worse in that sense because they don't even chat. But more power to them if the info is easily available here. Can't blame 'em for taking advantage of that fact.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Maybe you can use the Tamashii Nations Macross page?

You can play around with the filter to make your search more specific....

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/1/?number=40&order=new&brand=dx_chogokin&ck1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1&ok=Filter+by+this+condition#gi_subcatearea

Thanks for the link; yours seems to capture all the 1/48 Macross DX Chogokin releases.
I filtered a bit, and I think the below link has all the 1/48 Macroos DX Chogokin - Super Dimensional Fortess Releases strangely with the exception of the VF-1D (orange valkyrie) being released soon (12/24). Is the reason the VF-1D is not  listed because another online store has the exclusive sale for it? 
Link: https://tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokin/1/?number=40&order=new&character=macross&ck1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1&ok=Narrow+down+by+this+condition

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

You can look on Jenius' site for past release dates.

There is only one future release date right now. 12/24 for the VF-1D.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hasn't been published yet but likely 18,000 Yen (19,800 with in-country tax). However, outside of Japan, there's usually a markup for TWE so prices will vary by shop (the few that sell TWE) or vary fees any proxies will charge.

Ok, good to know. For reference, what does TWE stand for? [Edit: @DYRL VF-1S, Thanks for the information and acronym answer. :) ]

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Been the bane of this thread for two years. I think for proxies part of the challenge with TWEs is that P-Bandai only allows a quantity of 6 from one address. So for example, the last couple of TWE rounds people have graciously said FromJapan. Well, now people are getting orders canceled, etc. because everyone is attempting to use this them. I'm going to be a d&*k for a moment - It's called Google. Use it. I don't think anyone needs to share the proxies they use if it's to the detriment of actually obtaining a TWE for oneself. But hey, that's just my opinion.

In regard to a list of stores, there already is one here:

Edit: And to clarify my opinion a bit, there are people here who take, take, take and never contribute to the community or helping others actually get the Valks we all love. Further, there are soooo many lurkers who scrape for info and are worse in that sense because they don't even chat. But more power to them if the info is easily available here. Can't blame 'em for taking advantage of that fact.

I wonder about this in the sense that: let's say a particular user wanted to contribute back to these forums - what would be the best way for them to do so?

A tangential question to the above might be: what types of contributions do these forums need most from their users?

Edit: Grammar correction/Thanks to jvmacross/sqidd/DYRL VF-1S/TWE acronym question.

Edited by MWUser

11 minutes ago, MWUser said:

I wonder about this in the sense that: let's say a particular user wanted to contribute back to these forums - what would be the best way for them to do so?

A tangential question to the above might be: what types of contribution do these forums need most from their users?

Great questions! And I think the answer manifests in many ways. First, it's just nice to stay engaged in conversation. If someone posts pics of their Valks, comment on it and let them know you appreciate it. If someone has a question you know the answer to, answer it. Share pics of your own valks if you'd like. This way, you're not just asking questions that help you but you're contributing to general conversation that builds community.

More specifically to acquiring Valks, comment on successful experiences you have (when you have them) purchasing from a shop. If you get multiples, consider selling one to another MW member at your cost (this is one way I contribute back as I usually buy multiples as a safety net). When PO Madness comes around, post links after you've snagged one so others know a listing is live.

Most importantly, just have fun here.

None of these things prevent lurkers from grabbing info, but it does make for a positive deposit to the community rather than just  withdrawing. And of course, this is just my opinion. I know others don't agree and are more laid back about it. I'm sure others can chime in on positive ways to contribute.

32 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Great questions! And I think the answer manifests in many ways. First, it's just nice to stay engaged in conversation. If someone posts pics of their Valks, comment on it and let them know you appreciate it. If someone has a question you know the answer to, answer it. Share pics of your own valks if you'd like. This way, you're not just asking questions that help you but you're contributing to general conversation that builds community.

More specifically to acquiring Valks, comment on successful experiences you have (when you have them) purchasing from a shop. If you get multiples, consider selling one to another MW member at your cost (this is one way I contribute back as I usually buy multiples as a safety net). When PO Madness comes around, post links after you've snagged one so others know a listing is live.

Most importantly, just have fun here.

None of these things prevent lurkers from grabbing info, but it does make for a positive deposit to the community rather than just  withdrawing. And of course, this is just my opinion. I know others don't agree and are more laid back about it. I'm sure others can chime in on positive ways to contribute.

Adding on to this, one way to help on PO night is sharing where you got successful or (more often) where there is no success to be had because they are already out. The TWEs make it a bit harder, because the proxies and shops are more limited than on regular releases, but the TWEs also *generally* are easier to get. With the VF-1D, I'm thinking this might not be the case like earlier TWEs (I could find Kakizaki available on places like AE fairly easily the morning after PO night). I just think there is going to be more of a demand for the 1D, so I'm not counting on it being as easy. But maybe I'm just jaded from how difficult Focker night was.

Edited by vladykins