Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

okini land just invoiced me for surface shipping payment for two roys and a gundam strike sword 

2266yen just for the 2x roys, it was 5000yen alltogether (i paid 2000yen for shipping for the sword in the past already)

i'll see my 2x roys in 3 months.

i got 2x roys already and the 4x tv's supers ordered don't come in till mid January so it's good timing to go boat.    

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Very well...back to speculation about what's next then?  

The release pattern so far has been:

• 2 TV VF-1s and an accessory (missiles); DEC 2018 - SEP 2019
  • 2 movie VF-1s and and an accessory (SSPs); DEC 2019 - AUG 2020
  • 2 TV VF-1s and an accessory (TV super parts); NOV 2020 - SUMMER 2021

Hikaru has featured in every wave.  With all of that in mind, plus some teaser images we've likely all seen by now (and assuming the line continues as it has gone for the past couple of years), I'm thinking for Wave 4 (late 2021 - 2022) we'll see:

• DYRL 1A Hikaru
  • GBP-1S armor (whether or not it features with a 1J re-release is a wildcard)
  • DYRL Max 1A or possibly a 1S for variety's sake

That's my perfectly rational, not-fan-boy-spazzing-out prediction.  Place your bets!

Edited by Draykov

22 minutes ago, Draykov said:

Hikaru has featured in every wave.  With all of that in mind, plus some teaser images we've likely all seen by now (and assuming the line continues as it has gone for the past couple of years), I'm thinking for Wave 4 (late 2021 - 2022) we'll see:

• DYRL 1A Hikaru

That's my perfectly rational, not-fan-boy-spazzing-out prediction.  Place your bets!

That's a very interesting pattern. If it holds, I'm betting on DYRL Max 1A and Hikaru 1A plus another reissue of the SSP and maybe the Missile Set. The showcasing of not one, but three GBP variants at the latest Tamashii Nations event does give me pause, though. Maybe it will go Max 1A, GBP (with 1J, please!), Hikaru 1A with SSP and Missile Set reissues interspersed.

Edited by Anasazi37

28 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

That's a very interesting pattern. If it holds, I'm betting on DYRL Max 1A and Hikaru 1A plus another reissue of the SSP and maybe the Missile Set. The showcasing of not one, but three GBP variants at the latest Tamashii Nations event does give me pause, though. Maybe it will go Max 1A, GBP (with 1J, please!), Hikaru 1A with SSP and Missile Set reissues interspersed.

Also highly plausible.  Personally, I would welcome a third SSP release...on its own or packaged with a DYRL VF-1.  The only copy I've been able to score was via a certain seller who shall not be named, and that has yet to ship.    You know...they gave us a blue 013 skull in the first set.  I wonder if the red 011 would be included in a bundle with Hikaru's 1A and SSP or a subsequent, slightly revised SSP stand-alone release.  We may still need a blue 001 for Max's 1S (though the 1A seems much more likely in the next wave).  

super.PNG.6683a1233b009ed147421cf0c1553b

2020-12-12_13-12-33.jpg

Edited by Draykov

Yeah, I think Hikaru 1A is imminent with a TWE Max 1S... Two 1As in a row is too boring and a Focker DYRL would be to soon after his TV release. Hikaru might be a full set pack... That would explain the lack of a circle for him with the SSP... but it seems more likely they'll just throw his circles in with the instruction booklet.

Next TV round will be Hikaru 1J reissue, TWE Kakizaki, and GBP.

2 hours ago, Draykov said:

• DYRL 1A Hikaru

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

Also highly plausible.  Personally, I would welcome a third SSP release...on its own or packaged with a DYRL VF-1.  The only copy I've been able to score was via a certain seller who shall not be named, and that has yet to ship.    You know...they gave us a blue 013 skull in the first set.  I wonder if the red 011 would be included in a bundle with Hikaru's 1A and SSP or a subsequent, slightly revised SSP stand-alone release.  We may still need a blue 001 for Max's 1S (though the 1A seems much more likely in the next wave).  

super.PNG.6683a1233b009ed147421cf0c1553b

2020-12-12_13-12-33.jpg

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Yeah, I think Hikaru 1A is imminent with a TWE Max 1S... Two 1As in a row is too boring and a Focker DYRL would be to soon after his TV release. Hikaru might be a full set pack... That would explain the lack of a circle for him with the SSP... but it seems more likely they'll just throw his circles in with the instruction booklet.

giphy.gif?resize=640,640&ssl=1&crop=1

Just bring on the VF-1D PO!

4 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

@sqidd I think that’s his passive aggressive way of saying, “I don’t care about all of your shipping notices 2 weeks later. Let’s move on...” 

Facepalm.  I literally mean I’m going to make another pose of the VF-1S Roy and post the pic in the DX VF-1 thread.  I type that all the time:

C0E0A86D-A2CC-48A7-AB2F-DFA692467873.thumb.jpeg.c2e64309796926adbe148b8cb1093fcc.jpeg

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I would love there to be a Max 1S but is there any history of Bandai releasing that even in an HMR, etc.? Also with the Supers and a history of bundling those with Hikaru would we see a TWE TV 1S release under him?

Just now, sh9000 said:

Facepalm.  I literally mean I’m going to make another pose of the VF-1S Roy and post the pic in the DX VF-1 thread.  I type that all the time:

C0E0A86D-A2CC-48A7-AB2F-DFA692467873.thumb.jpeg.c2e64309796926adbe148b8cb1093fcc.jpeg

Yeah but it was waaay more fun to post what I did instead. (Though I am looking forward to another pose and hey, now we’re having fun speculating on release order because of it!)

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I would love there to be a Max 1S but is there any history of Bandai releasing that even in an HMR, etc.? Also with the Supers and a history of bundling those with Hikaru would we see a TWE TV 1S release under him?

Not that I'm aware of.  But it seems like free money (for Bandai) to me given the existence of the Hikaru 1S.    

Edited by Draykov

8 hours ago, jenius said:

I agree with the Hikaru 1A release being imminent.  I’m of the opinion that Bandai did not plan it that way, not saying you do think it was planned.

They made a straight forward mistake on the red circle numbers in the strike packs.  They  just...overlooked it.  Occam’s Razor.

It almost has to be a SSP bundle because it’s going to be impossible to source SSP’s each time they release a fighter of skull squadron in the future.  

But hey, we are all lucky that we have Nippon Yasan to count on.  We can always count on them....

22 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

But hey, we are all lucky that we have Nippon Yasan to count on.  We can always count on them....

Umm... Like small claims court and run away with your money plus leave you high and dry while their CEO is embezzling your cash to support his/her illegal crack and gambling habits?! :crazy:  

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is the head on the DX removable? If so, has anyone posted a 'custom' Hikaru VF-1A using Kaki's head unit equipped with Super Pack? Just curious. Thanks!

@no3Ljm and anyone else: The DX noggin can be temoved with a pin remover punch and a small rubber mallet, however the pin in between the neck attachments points looks like to be ridged upwards at the top surface. 

So if anyone is willing to decapitate their DX VF-1 noggin and do the switch-a-roo, its your own call.

20201212_204618.jpg

20201212_210202.jpg

Edited by borgified

So.... Got caught up with family stuff and wasn't able to post 

My VF-1S arrived from Mandarake last friday. Is perfect, sealed minty fresh as their listing said. Couldn't be happier. 

I know I shouldn't be posting about it here but I'll keep it short.

NY did respond to my email regarding cancellation and refund and said we should leave it in PayPal's hands so I assume they are not contesting my demands. 

The other interesting development is I can no longer access my NY account. I'd say I've been banned now. Oh well its all on them as far as I am concerned, they did the bridge burning..

20201213_160829.jpg

20201213_160851.jpg

Edited by spanner

52 minutes ago, borgified said:

@no3Ljm and anyone else: The DX noggin can be temoved with a pin remover punch and a small rubber mallet, however the pin in between the neck attachments points looks like to be ridged upwards at the top surface. 

So if anyone is willing to decapitate their DX VF-1 noggin and do the switch-a-roo, its your own call.

20201212_204618.jpg

20201212_210202.jpg

It is rather difficult to drive that spring pin out with a punch & hammer. Those suckers are in there tight. I actually tried but chickened out because I almost nicked the surrounding area hitting with a watchmaker’s mallet. The idea of custom DYRL Hikaru VF-1A is cool, I am surprised nobody has done it yet:rolleyes:

CB883A74-97A7-4F02-B139-A3BF1638F89F.thumb.jpeg.a429f104cca96ac08cc6744a22e0f571.jpeg

2 hours ago, borgified said:

20201212_204618.jpg

20201212_210202.jpg

Thanks @borgified for inspecting. All the while I thought it was like YamArcadia's. Like you can pull the head anytime. Now it makes me wonder. I know that Bandai hasn't really release any 'official' info or update for this specific model. But if that's how they build the head/neck area, what are the chances that they will do differently on the VF-1D's?

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @borgified for inspecting. All the while I thought it was like YamArcadia's. Like you can pull the head anytime. Now it makes me wonder. I know that Bandai hasn't really release any 'official' info or update for this specific model. But if that's how they build the head/neck area, what are the chances that they will do differently on the VF-1D's?

Probably going to be the same.

My Roy 1S also has a rickety head due to the ball joint piece not fitting securely inside the head. More shoddy parts fit from Bandai. 

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

My Roy 1S also has a rickety head due to the ball joint piece not fitting securely inside the head. More shoddy parts fit from Bandai. 

So looks like there's no possibility of mounting the VF-1D's nosecone to Roy's 1S. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

It is rather difficult to drive that spring pin out with a punch & hammer. Those suckers are in there tight. I actually tried but chickened out because I almost nicked the surrounding area hitting with a watchmaker’s mallet. The idea of custom DYRL Hikaru VF-1A is cool, I am surprised nobody has done it yet:rolleyes:

CB883A74-97A7-4F02-B139-A3BF1638F89F.thumb.jpeg.a429f104cca96ac08cc6744a22e0f571.jpeg

I read somewhere that the 1A and 1J heads were interchangeable.

But 1A/J are not onto the 1S neck, due to the different ball joint used in the 1S neck cavity.

Cant find the exact information/pictorial. Could be buried in the thread, but i dont think i read that here.

21 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I read somewhere that the 1A and 1J heads were interchangeable.

But 1A/J are not onto the 1S neck, due to the different ball joint used in the 1S neck cavity.

Cant find the exact information/pictorial. Could be buried in the thread, but i dont think i read that here.

Here you go, @seti88. @treatment's post from page 320. ;) 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:45 PM, treatment said:

semi-Joons DX...

semi-joons-dx.thumb.jpg.c48bd64c960ae5792f2a518a3025f3c7.jpg

will have to wait for DYRL Max to make proper Joons-DX...

:bump:

I wonder if he was able to do it after Hikaru's VF-1S got released since there wasn't Max VF-1S yet. 

Edited by no3Ljm

Oh yeah, i saw that pages back.

But what i read/saw had more detailed pics of the vf-1 DX neck cavity from the topside.

Looked like the position of the cup which cradles the ball joint of the head is in a different position in the 1S neck.

I think it was from a JP macross fan-boi who tried it...or could be one of the old collectors..

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

@Lolicon, Finally someone who can empathize with me.. The ball joint isn't the tightest on Roy but I find that 'ricketiness' actually comes from the extending/sliding parts inside the head. With the head popped out, you will see that the parts has too much play side to side. To remedy this, I cut up a small piece of thick, super-sticky Gorilla tape, stuck it between and now the play is pretty much gone. I've also addressed all the paint flaws this weekend. A layer of top coat (flat or semi-gloss depending on the area) does wonders covering and evening out imperfections. Yes, an airbrush is preferred and masking sucks. 

Finally I can sleep at night. Time to dress it up and put up some photos :good: