Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

14 hours ago, Angesdad said:

My first Roy order was in the mail yesterday so I took my time getting acquainted & inspecting the toy as I usually do upon every unboxing. At least on my copy, it feels like the build quality, fit & finish isn’t as good as previous releases. I got the same paint rub as Wotafa’s copy seen on his Youtube review which suggests to me that we have a clumsy hand working down the assembly line. Also on my copy, the extending neck joint (the grey part inside if you pop the head) is way too loose that it might as well be a freaking bobblehead. Hey, that’s something new.. It is my fourth DX VF purchase and I’ve never been this unsatisfied.  Bad finish overall including specks of black paint on yellow and yellow on black. Man, Bandai sucks for me right now.

It looked pretty darn good sittin’ in the plastic tray for a minute or two, and that was it. Don’t think I am being overly nitpicky, I do take into account these are mass-produced. Hope y’all copy is better than mine.

Sorry to hear that. I really hate paint flaws and I was horrified when I saw Wotafa's copy. My Roy appears to have perfect paint (at least to me) that is the same as my other DXs. Also I didn't notice any loose joints except for the air brake is definitely worse than my previous DXs. That's really my only complaint though. Oh and I find the gun very difficult to install in the default poseable hands but I have that issue with all my DXs. And all my Masterpiece Transformers. Not sure why it's so hard to get a gun to fit in a hand.....

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Between the misaligned skull, the non-flush air brake, and the brighter vertical yellow stripe, my eyes are burning. I love Roy, though, and I've wanted this release for a long time, so I'm going to accept him as is. :drinks:

They contact you after you place your order and give you the shipping estimate as part of a total invoice. You used to be able to choose your shipping method, but they might just be offering DHL right now (depending on country). I haven't ordered from them in a while. Every branch does shipping differently, and by that I mean the cost can vary quite a bit for exactly the same item. The most expensive branches to ship from are the ones in and around Tokyo.

The one branch that will auto-calculate shipping is SAHRA, you can see the shipping price as you go through checkout. However it tends to be more expensive than other branches that get back to you with shipping price, presumably because they build in a safety margin. Makes quite a difference if shipping DHL, maybe acceptable if SAL.

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

Sorry to hear that. I really hate paint flaws and I was horrified when I saw Wotafa's copy. My Roy appears to have perfect paint (at least to me) that is the same as my other DXs. Also I didn't notice any loose joints except for the air brake is definitely worse than my previous DXs. That's really my only complaint though. Oh and I find the gun very difficult to install in the default poseable hands but I have that issue with all my DXs. And all my Masterpiece Transformers. Not sure why it's so hard to get a gun to fit in a hand.....

My first Roy definitely has landing gear panels that just don't close quite as flush and nicely as my HIkki, seems the plastic is just slightly warped. Haven't opened my second to check. QC Bandai!

I have an order for the tv super on DeJapan. Placed in July. I believe it is the first batch and not the April batch.

I have not heard from DeJapan, has anyone who order via proxy seen the item yet?

The release date is Dec 31st correct?

1 hour ago, kkx said:

I have an order for the tv super on DeJapan. Placed in July. I believe it is the first batch and not the April batch.

I have not heard from DeJapan, has anyone who order via proxy seen the item yet?

the release date should be 12/22 ... over even a 12/17

21 hours ago, Angesdad said:

My first Roy order was in the mail yesterday so I took my time getting acquainted & inspecting the toy as I usually do upon every unboxing. At least on my copy, it feels like the build quality, fit & finish isn’t as good as previous releases. I got the same paint rub as Wotafa’s copy seen on his Youtube review which suggests to me that we have a clumsy hand working down the assembly line. Also on my copy, the extending neck joint (the grey part inside if you pop the head) is way too loose that it might as well be a freaking bobblehead. Hey, that’s something new.. It is my fourth DX VF purchase and I’ve never been this unsatisfied.  Bad finish overall including specks of black paint on yellow and yellow on black. Man, Bandai sucks for me right now.

It looked pretty darn good sittin’ in the plastic tray for a minute or two, and that was it. Don’t think I am being overly nitpicky, I do take into account these are mass-produced. Hope y’all copy is better than mine.

What remedy options are available for situations such as the one quoted above?

Specifically, hypothetically, say one brought it direct from Bandai, can you ship it back with receipt and get your money back or an exchange?

And, in the quoted case, where the user paid a markup for the item (35k Yen) from NY; what is NY's policy on refund or exchange?

Edited by MWUser

4 minutes ago, MWUser said:

Specifically, hypothetically, say one brought it direct from Bandai, can you ship it back with receipt and get your money back or an exchange?

And, in the quoted case, where the user paid a markup for the item (35k Yen) from NY; what is NY's policy on refund or exchange?

It's a policy of "good luck" to "No forkin chance".

That's the risk you take when you buy grey market goods that aren't supposed to be imported into the US.

That said, I do think AmazonJP will let you return and maybe exchange. But I think, and I stress think, on all of this is that you have to pay return shipping.

9 minutes ago, MWUser said:

Shipping is shipping.  

Many international have a set day that you need to contact them after receiving for any return or problem reqest.

Many stores will require you to pay for the return shipping.

it's best to check the FAQ and policy of the store before placing any orders.   

1 hour ago, kkx said:

Remember, they're a proxy.  The item will be shipped to them, they will receive it, then notify you.  Then they pack it and notify you of shipping costs, then you pay then they ship it.  I wouldn't plan on hearing from them until at least a few days after release.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

When I got ordered my Kakizaki from them I didn't get notified until it got to their doors. So I wouldn't expect anything from them until after release day. 

Just now, burnout6 said:

When I got ordered my Kakizaki from them I didn't get notified until it got to their doors. So I wouldn't expect anything from them until after release day. 

7 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Remember, they're a proxy.  The item will be shipped to them, they will receive it, then notify you.  Then they pack it and notify you of shipping costs, then you pay then they ship it.  I wouldn't plan on hearing from them until at least a few days after release.

53 minutes ago, F360 said:

the release date should be 12/22 ... over even a 12/17

Thanks for the replies.

I will keep an eye out for it. I have not use DeJapan before, have more experience with FromJapan. So I am a bit worried when I see some post here saying they have the TV superset in their PW.

1 hour ago, MWUser said:

As others implied, I am basically SOL. The toy in question was acquired via proxy shopping. It certainly isn’t FJ’s fault, nor the reseller’s of my choice on Rakuten, BUT I do despise Ban fraking Dai’s QC or the lack thereof.

The heck with it, I will fix the paint flaws and loose joints to the best of my abilities. Who knows, I may fall in love with it in the process:unknw:

1 hour ago, kkx said:

Thanks for the replies.

I will keep an eye out for it. I have not use DeJapan before, have more experience with FromJapan. So I am a bit worried when I see some post here saying they have the TV superset in their PW.

I ordered three tv supers with them. Will let you know when I get notified. 

2 hours ago, MWUser said:

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

It's a policy of "good luck" to "No forkin chance".

That's the risk you take when you buy grey market goods that aren't supposed to be imported into the US.

That said, I do think AmazonJP will let you return and maybe exchange. But I think, and I stress think, on all of this is that you have to pay return shipping.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

Shipping is shipping.  

Many international have a set day that you need to contact them after receiving for any return or problem reqest.

Many stores will require you to pay for the return shipping.

it's best to check the FAQ and policy of the store before placing any orders.   

I’ll add a couple of things. In the hypothetical scenario, that is only possible with TWE items which none of us outside of Japan can acquire without a proxy. So it’s not plausible.

To follow up on the other comments, I’ll just add from experience that AJ does allow returns for damaged items and will actually refund you the shipping after it is returned and inspected. However, you have to use DHL, it will cost quite a bit upfront before you see the money refunded. When they do refund, it’s only up to a certain amount and the rest is given as an AJ gift card. (Can’t remember the threshold.)

Other reliable resellers like HobbySearch, HLJ, etc. will take the return for damaged items within a small window. However, they generally have no more stock for exchanges so you’re just hosed on that Valk.

9 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

The one branch that will auto-calculate shipping is SAHRA, you can see the shipping price as you go through checkout. However it tends to be more expensive than other branches that get back to you with shipping price, presumably because they build in a safety margin. Makes quite a difference if shipping DHL, maybe acceptable if SAL.

Yes, that's true. On an undisclosed number of occasions, I've gone through the motions of purchasing an item at the SAHRA branch so I can get a sense for what shipping might be at other branches. I've generally done that when a non-SAHRA branch has more than one item that I want to buy. Yes, SAHRA does tend to be a bit more expensive, but I've heard that Complex is worse. To your point, the safety margin likely allows SAHRA to offer immediate shipping on items, which is attractive to some customers.

Hi Guys!!!, do you know if the de vf1-d dx will be at preorder on NY or HLJ this december? I m a Yamato 1:48 plane mide fan but i cant pass this one!!!

Still waiting for my VF-1S from Nin-NinGame.  I guess I shouldn't have ordered Economy-Registered Shipping.  I messaged them worrying if there was still a shipping issues with JPost to the US. Their last reply from my status request was: 

Thank you for your message, 

Due to the restriction with the covid 19
Our stock delivery is a bit late.
Your order will be ship as soon as possible

If you need anything else please let us know.

Kind Regards

Steven Sato 

Nin-nin-game Customer Service Support

17 minutes ago, NeoVanguard said:

Still waiting for my VF-1S from Nin-NinGame.  I guess I shouldn't have ordered Economy-Registered Shipping.  I messaged them worrying if there was still a shipping issues with JPost to the US. Their last reply from my status request was: 

Thank you for your message, 

Due to the restriction with the covid 19
Our stock delivery is a bit late.
Your order will be ship as soon as possible

If you need anything else please let us know.

Kind Regards

Steven Sato 

Nin-nin-game Customer Service Support

Sounds like a cookie-cutter response.  They told me the same two weeks ago.  But if it makes you feel any better, I just heard that my order from NNG shipped from Osaka yesterday.  They seem to be moving out stock in phases.  

Edited by Draykov

37 minutes ago, rick dieck said:

Hi Guys!!!, do you know if the de vf1-d dx will be at preorder on NY or HLJ this december? I m a Yamato 1:48 plane mide fan but i cant pass this one!!!

No telling, but I'd steer clear of Nippon-Yasan.  Not sure what your experience with them may have been in the past, but they've been dropping the ball big time for the majority of this year.   More on that here: