Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

17 minutes ago, Drad said:

My shipment from OkiniLand is listed as "Shipment On Hold." I've never seen this with DHL before. Anyone else who ordered from OkiniLand seeing the same thing?

Mine is the same, it also says "The shipment will be processed in the next available movement".

I'm guessing it will be updated Monday.

10 hours ago, spanner said:

Its now a week past its official release and still no word from NY.. Has anyone else who ordered with NY heard anything from them?

Once the status changes to Not Available it means they are going through the orders, but can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months for them to ship the item. They always come through but upto you if you want to wait or not or get for somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

Once the status changes to Not Available it means they are going through the orders, but can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months for them to ship the item. They always come through but upto you if you want to wait or not or get for somewhere else.

They don't "always come through" anymore. Specifically since the Super parts, lots of people have gotten screwed over.

I wouldn’t have high hopes concerning Nippon-Yasan. My last order was a simple Hexa Gear set that was supposedly in stock and I have contacted them twice since August, they came back with always the same answer that I should be patient to have it shipped, and unprofessionally closing the ticket as solved...

In November i decided that I needed to open a dispute via Paypal and had my money back since. I have seen a lot of horrible stories about NY since covid-19, have a look at their Facebook page too to make your own idea.

5 hours ago, Drad said:

My shipment from OkiniLand is listed as "Shipment On Hold." I've never seen this with DHL before. Anyone else who ordered from OkiniLand seeing the same thing?

Mine from Luna Park (sent DHL) was "Shipment on Hold" for a day or two. It started moving again after that.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I think the simple answer is no...when I look at my statements, the credit card shows the shop I bought from, not PayPal. 

I don't think that's how the flow of money works. I could be wrong though.

At this point it's a non issue for me. I pay for everything with my card, which has no time limit.

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

I wouldn’t have high hopes concerning Nippon-Yasan. My last order was a simple Hexa Gear set that was supposedly in stock and I have contacted them twice since August, they came back with always the same answer that I should be patient to have it shipped, and unprofessionally closing the ticket as solved...

In November i decided that I needed to open a dispute via Paypal and had my money back since. I have seen a lot of horrible stories about NY since covid-19, have a look at their Facebook page too to make your own idea.

NY was messin up pre COVID. A few on here like myself and @jenius have speculated that they're having cash flow issues (robbing Peter to pay Paul). Both of us have a pretty good background in seeing stuff like that going down. Generally the next step is going bankrupt. If you have orders in when that happens your chances of getting them filled are about zero. If I had NY orders I would be doing everything I can to cancel them and get money back.

I saw this downward spiral of NY starting almost exactly a year ago and cut bait then. It was the right call IMO.

NY shipped my GX-93 Arcadia last week, but it was one of the ones that you didn't have to pre-pay for and I paid a few days before they shipped - so they aren't dead in the way that Chronicle Collectibles are (who took a hefty pre-order payment for a Moya Farscape replica that has vanished into the ether - I have the Chronicle Ent-D which is two grand on pre-order through BBTS where BBTS asked for a down payment of about $500, so it will be interesting to see if BBTS refund that if Chronicle are as dead as their bankruptcy proceedings suggest ). 

7 hours ago, Drad said:

That happened with my DHL shipment from Tenso, which contained the Roy I got from AJ. It started moving again after a day. Happens occasionally. Looks like @vladykins had a similar experience.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

NY was messin up pre COVID. A few on here like myself and @jenius have speculated that they're having cash flow issues (robbing Peter to pay Paul). Both of us have a pretty good background in seeing stuff like that going down. Generally the next step is going bankrupt. If you have orders in when that happens your chances of getting them filled are about zero. If I had NY orders I would be doing everything I can to cancel them and get money back.

I saw this downward spiral of NY starting almost exactly a year ago and cut bait then. It was the right call IMO.

More than a few pages back in this thread, a merchant mentioned that one of the owners of NY might have taken a bunch of money (embezzled?) and left, hence the downward spiral. He was careful to label the info as rumor, but it would explain a lot, if true.

8 hours ago, Drad said:

Same here. My order is also from Okini. My DHL app said there is an “exception” and that my “shipment is on hold.” Thought there was an issue with my mailing address, and I was unable to call DHL yesterday as their customer service line is closed on the weekends.

8 hours ago, Drad said:

This happened to me.  It was on hold until the "next movement".  Highly possibly the next plane/train/truck pickup from their DC.  It resolved itself with 8-12 hours so hopefully as I am typing this, your shipment is on its way to you!  

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

More than a few pages back in this thread, a merchant mentioned that one of the owners of NY might have taken a bunch of money (embezzled?) and left, hence the downward spiral. He was careful to label the info as rumor, but it would explain a lot, if true.

Yep, that can put a business under.

1 hour ago, Alan Molina said:

who is doing the run for stickers? cant remember. do i need to PM and how much are they?

I think you did that.. See page 641 and almost smack in the middle of the page you asked for a copy.  

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yep, it's me. Behind on getting back to everyone. Will do so today.

I'll vouch for Anasazi37. One of the OGs of Macross World Forums. I very much appreciate his contributions and his decals are top notch. Thanks for taking care of our community, Anasazi37. We're grateful.

24 minutes ago, Drad said:

I'll vouch for Anasazi37. One of the OGs of Macross World Forums. I very much appreciate his contributions and his decals are top notch. Thanks for taking care of our community, Anasazi37. We're grateful.

Much appreciated, @Drad! I love helping out fellow members when I can. I just posted a thread in the For Sale forum so this thread doesn't get clogged up with decal discussions:

I read through the last half dozen or so pages and I think this is a complete list of the members that have expressed interest so far:

I'll be sending each of you a PM. If others are interested, please PM me.

looking ahead at the vf-1d up for preorder on xmas eve.  when it's a web exclusive, how are we in the states going to be able to snag one?  are any retailers like big in japan, mykombini, anime export, or any others going to somehow carry it?   correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the 2nd release of the super set also a web exclusive, which are currently available from the mentioned retailers right now?  many thanks guys!

I am awaiting my TV Roy probably will be in my hands this week.    I am also waiting on my TV Max which should also be in my hands this week.   

I need to get a set of TV Fastpacks still,  may wait till after the holidays now to avoid the Holiday price bump I am currently seeing.

Still need to find a Hikaru 1J..   now that the Mrs is onboard might as well go for broke... :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I am awaiting my TV Roy probably will be in my hands this week.    I am also waiting on my TV Max which should also be in my hands this week.   

I need to get a set of TV Fastpacks still,  may wait till after the holidays now to avoid the Holiday price bump I am currently seeing.

Still need to find a Hikaru 1J..   now that the Mrs is onboard might as well go for broke... :ph34r:

Where can Roy’s TV fast pack be found for PO now?

12 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Now I know why my Focker cost $400 ($250 + $150 shipping)
Box within a box. At least it is MIB here  :P

image.thumb.png.5d55334259c465493fccb4e2125329f0.pngimage.thumb.png.9568861bc56c951178b13fa2cc5311f1.png

yeah. those extra box dimensions really adds up..   Seems like you can almost fit 3 Roys in the big box. 

Opened my VF-1S Roy and put the pilot figure inside.  Wing flaps, air brake, the black strip on the sides of the fuselage, and everything else have no issues.  I’ll prop it on a Trident stand for Fighter and Gerwalk.  The special stand will probably stay unopened just like the special stand for the VF-1J Hikaru.

Messed with the cockpit in my Roy a moment, control panel wiggled loose easily, since it wasn't glued, just pressed into place.  

Should be easy to swap, if someone wants to make a DYRL version out of this one.  I don't know if I will, since I'm sure we'll get an official one eventually, and I'm not going to go customizing a pilot I don't need to.  I might see if a Hasegawa one will fit temporarily though. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That was me! I managed to snag one over the weekend. Just made payment today.

Totally random too, I loaded the Mandarake page, searched VF-1S and it was right there!

Shipping is with DHL so I should have it by the weekend. Woo!

5 minutes ago, spanner said:

That was me! I managed to snag one over the weekend. Just made payment today.

Totally random too, I loaded the Mandarake page, searched VF-1S and it was right there!

Shipping is with DHL so I should have it by the weekend. Woo!

Congrats spanner!!!

Now that you secured a DX Focker call your credit card and make NY refund you.

38 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Congrats spanner!!!

Now that you secured a DX Focker call your credit card and make NY refund you.

If I call PayPal, what do I say to them? Will they even initiate a claim against NY if I say I want to cancel my order?

Or should I email NY first to say I wish to cancel my order and then see how they respond and then tell PayPal?

I definitely want to cancel and want to make sure I can get my money back.. 

13 minutes ago, spanner said:

If I call PayPal, what do I say to them? Will they even initiate a claim against NY if I say I want to cancel my order?

Or should I email NY first to say I wish to cancel my order and then see how they respond and then tell PayPal?

I am guessing any arrangement with NY will, at best, get you STORE CREDIT....so you need to ask yourself if that is acceptable to you....if not and you never plan on buying from them again (which I would advise you not to)...initiate a paypal refund request right away before it is too late...

Also, you may be able to just do it online without needing to call Paypal...look for the transaction and then select the appropriate action to take on it

12 minutes ago, spanner said:

How long since you've paid for it? Have you contacted NY before about your order and did they respond? If you have done that and they haven't answered back, just file the claim for non-shipment or goods not received. Don't overthink the process.