Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

55 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The DX joins the Focker army!

IMG_7962.thumb.JPG.95364659aabd4e24ee5750d9fd03ea0d.JPG

I just saw this; if It were not a pic I would not believe.
I imagine this is every Roy Focker VF-1S released over all manufacturer lines and all manufacturer scales including all manufacturer sublines: Takatoku (1/55), Yamato (1/48 & 1/60), Arcadia (1/60), Toynami (1/100), and Bandai (1/55 Re-Release of Takatoku, 1/55 Origin of Valkyrie 1/100 Hi-Metal, 1/48 DX Chogokin, ??? (I think I'm missing some other lines).
Sidenote, I also wonder if this pic includes the Roy Focker VF-1Ss released under the "Robotech" brand name with their separate set of various manufacturers and various scales.

Edited by MWUser

I had to open up both of mine so I could inspect them before shipping one to a friend who missed out during PO Madness. No QC issues beyond the air brake not sitting entirely flush against the chestplate, but that seems to be a common thing with newer DX releases. A tiny bit of blue tack under the part will fix that in a jiffy (hat tip to @sqidd for the solution :hi:). Otherwise, all of the paint looks good, parts are well-aligned, etc. Ran into some paint problems on my Hayao and was hoping it wasn't a new trend.

1 hour ago, MWUser said:

I just saw this; if It were not a pic I would not believe.
I imagine this is every Roy Focker VF-1S released over all manufacturer lines and all manufacturer scales including all manufacturer sublines: Takatoku (1/55), Yamato (1/48 & 1/60), Arcadia (1/60), Toynami (1/100), and Bandai (1/55 Re-Release of Takatoku, 1/55 Origin of Valkyrie 1/100 Hi-Metal, 1/48 DX Chogokin, ??? (I think I'm missing some other lines).
Sidenote, I also wonder if this pic includes the Roy Focker VF-1Ss released under the "Robotech" brand name with their separate set of various manufacturers and various scales.

Pretty close to all of them (including Robotech).:D

I had to call it "good" at a point though. I don't have ever release of every "shape". For example I don't have a Yamato 1/48 Weathering Edition. Just the regular 1/48. Same shape, different paint. I could technically have one more 1/55 Chunky Monkey, but tat would be kinda silly. The only difference is there was another release without Supers. On the RT side they released about a billion slightly different 1/100's. Getting all of those would be over the top.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

sqidd's got almost all of them except the super-deformed ones, since he isn't an SD fan.

You are correct sir!

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

And I think there are still one or two ultra-rare, ultra-funky bootlegs he's trying to track down

Yep, the only ones I'm missing are:

-Takatoku 1/44 standard release (I have the 1/44 Henkei). I've never seen one for sale.

-Takatoku Sofubi (non scale). Only ever seen one for sale and it was beat to death/too much money.

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection Series 2. I have only ever seen one for sale and it was the entire set for $350. I can wait for just the one I need for $25-30.

-Wentoys 1/144 knock off of the Takatoku 1/144 (with the blue accents). I've never seen one for sale.

-Macrase 1/144 knock off Takatoku 1/144. I've never seen one for sale.

-Logi - Logitach 1/144 knock off Takatoku 1/144. I've never seen one for sale.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I had to open up both of mine so I could inspect them before shipping one to a friend who missed out during PO Madness. No QC issues beyond the air brake not sitting entirely flush against the chestplate, but that seems to be a common thing with newer DX releases. A tiny bit of blue tack under the part will fix that in a jiffy (hat tip to @sqidd for the solution :hi:). Otherwise, all of the paint looks good, parts are well-aligned, etc. Ran into some paint problems on my Hayao and was hoping it wasn't a new trend.

I'm four for four on the wings not lining up when folded in Battroid mode.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Pretty close to all of them (including Robotech).:D

I had to call it "good" at a point though. I don't have ever release of every "shape". For example I don't have a Yamato 1/48 Weathering Edition. Just the regular 1/48. Same shape, different paint. I could technically have one more 1/55 Chunky Monkey, but tat would be kinda silly. The only difference is there was another release without Supers. On the RT side they released about a billion slightly different 1/100's. Getting all of those would be over the top.

What is the additional 1/55 Chunky Money you could technically add?
Also, RT = ?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I'm four for four on the wings not lining up when folded in Battroid mode.

Are the 1/48 Bandai DX Chogokin figures' wings when folded back not suppose to line up?

Edited by MWUser

22 minutes ago, MWUser said:

What is the additional 1/55 Chunky Money you could technically add?
Also, RT = ?

There was technically only one Focker release in 1/55 "Chunky Monkey'".

-Everything up until 1990 was a Hikaru Skull One. Hikaru pictured on the boxes.

-In 1990 they did a re-tool and as far as I can tell it was not connected to a specific pilot so you could call it a Hikaru or a Focker. But, it has Supers, which is not cannon for Roy so by default it's more Hikaru than Focker. Arguably Hikaru only.

-In 2001 Bandai released a Focker without Supers, which would be cannon and a real/accurate Focker.

-In 2001 Bandai re-released a Skull One with Supers but the box says Hikaru on it, and it's Hikaru cannon.

-I have the 2001 Bandai re-release listed in the line item directly above displayed in the Focker Army. One, because I had one to put there. And two, I think it looks cooler with the Supers (but not cannon). But I do have a couple of the 2001 Fockers I could put in there without Supers so I could make it cannon if I wanted to. I even have a "extra" custom Focker with Strike Parts (borrowed from the 1985 Hikaru release) that I could put in there that would be cannon. But it was never released that way. I'm not that picky when it comes to cannon in "The Army". But I could be if I wanted to.

RT= Robotech.

22 minutes ago, MWUser said:

Are the 1/48 Bandai DX Chogokin figures' wings when folded back not suppose to line up?

They're supposed to line up. I was Bandai'd along with some others on here including @treatment.

28 minutes ago, spanner said:

Its now a week past its official release and still no word from NY.. Has anyone else who ordered with NY heard anything from them?

That leaves you 51 weeks before NY is considered "late".:rofl:

My advice, cut your losses and do a charge-back on them before the clock runs out (which is their plan/MO).

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Love all the pics!

I will say that Bandai can’t even completely replace the old 1/48 Yamato’s, let alone the absolutely stellar Arcadia VF-0s. There is no way my Arcadia VF-0s would be replaced if Bandai made Zero Valks. It would just mean my Zero collection gets expanded. 

^ This. 

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

That leaves you 51 weeks before NY is considered "late".:rofl:

My advice, cut your losses and do a charge-back on them before the clock runs out (which is their plan/MO).

charge back? as in a refund? I paid for it via PayPal back on July 21st. Do you think PayPal will be willing to help me with this?

22 minutes ago, spanner said:

charge back? as in a refund? I paid for it via PayPal back on July 21st. Do you think PayPal will be willing to help me with this?

A friend of mine asked NY for a refund two weeks before the release (he secured another Focker DX  at AE). He told them he would open a dispute through paypal and he finally got the refund.

15 minutes ago, Battle_Me said:

PayPal has a 180 day dispute limit. 

I didn't think the cut off date was that long, but thanks for letting me know.

In the mean time I will try to find one from another store. Does anyone know where they are still available? I have tried Amazon.jp but the website says I cannot be shipped to my location (Australia)

19 minutes ago, Battle_Me said:

PayPal has a 180 day dispute limit. 

I've got an order on NY also, have submitted a ticket and am giving them a little while longer before submitting a Paypal claim.

I have a complicating factor - another order for SSP's I know they're not going to deliver on, that is past the timeframe for making a claim. I'll probably just chalk that up to a lesson learnt.

Edited by drumondo

1 minute ago, spanner said:

I didn't think the cut off date was that long, but thanks for letting me know.

In the mean time I will try to find one from another store. Does anyone know where they are still available? I have tried Amazon.jp but the website says I cannot be shipped to my location (Australia)

You can use a Tenso address and then ship it to Australia.

23 hours ago, treatment said:

That really didn’t help because it shows exactly what my issue was. I looked at it again and my issue was that I thought you needed the extra piece to get a larger angle but you actually need the extra piece to get a smaller angle which was not intuitive to me. The extra piece is now back in the box. So my bad!

Don’t chalk anything to a lesson learned. If you don’t get your items, get your money or credit back. I’m still not worried about my orders at NY but if they ever try to stiff me, no way in hell my money isn’t getting refunded. Always use a credit card through PayPal and you are double protected. Your credit card company will always have your back. 

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Don’t chalk anything to a lesson learned. If you don’t get your items, get your money or credit back. I’m still not worried about my orders at NY but if they ever try to stiff me, no way in hell my money isn’t getting refunded. Always use a credit card through PayPal and you are double protected. Your credit card company will always have your back. 

Are you saying your order hasn't shipped? Oh wait, it probably did but got sunk to the bottom of the ocean. 

2 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Are you saying your order hasn't shipped? Oh wait, it probably did but got sunk to the bottom of the ocean. 

My Roy 1S hasn’t shipped but most my other orders have been slowly shipping. I’m actually down to less than 10 unshipped orders with them when I used to have countless amounts of orders there. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I've always wondered what PayPal does when you charge them back (which this effectively is). I've never heard from someone who has done it.

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've always wondered what PayPal does when you charge them back (which this effectively is). I've never heard from someone who has done it.

PayPal advised me to do it this way themselves. End of day, the money is coming from your credit card, not PayPal. 

6 hours ago, spanner said:

Its now a week past its official release and still no word from NY.. Has anyone else who ordered with NY heard anything from them?

Same. Have a ticket open and email to them through PayPal. Never had a problem with them before this, but have been hearing horror stories about them this year. I have the 180 day limit marked on my calendar, but will probably try for a refund if there’s no response soon.

43 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

PayPal advised me to do it this way themselves. End of day, the money is coming from your credit card, not PayPal. 

But doesn't the CC company give the money to PayPal then PayPal sends it to the merchant? So if it goes the other direction the CC company takes the money from PayPal then PayPal has to get the money from the merchant. Can PayPal still get the money from the merchant (per the merchant agreement)? Or does PayPal end up holding the bag? If they can get it from the merchant why the 180 day deadline on non delivered product claims?If it's infinite, why not just make the policy infinite too?

I take what I hear from PayPal reps with a grain of salt. I at least double or triple check important things. I take in about $750K/yr through my business PayPal account. As I'm sure you can imagine I talk to them quite a bit about clarification. I'm constantly getting contradictory information. I have a entire file of screen shots, transcripts, etc related to "policy" questions in case I need to prove I was told XYZ in the future. Sort version, they're kind of a mess!:p

Not trying to argue. Just looking for answers. :good:

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

But doesn't the CC company give the money to PayPal then PayPal sends it to the merchant? So if it goes the other direction the CC company takes the money from PayPal then PayPal has to get the money from the merchant. Can PayPal still get the money from the merchant (per the merchant agreement)? Or does PayPal end up holding the bag? If they can get it from the merchant why the 180 day deadline on non delivered product claims?If it's infinite, why not just make the policy infinite too?

I take what I hear from PayPal reps with a grain of salt. I at least double or triple check important things. I take in about $750K/yr through my business PayPal account. As I'm sure you can imagine I talk to them quite a bit about clarification. I'm constantly getting contradictory information. I have a entire file of screen shots, transcripts, etc related to "policy" questions in case I need to prove I was told XYZ in the future. Sort version, they're kind of a mess!:p

Not trying to argue. Just looking for answers. :good:

I think the simple answer is no...when I look at my statements, the credit card shows the shop I bought from, not PayPal. 

My shipment from OkiniLand is listed as "Shipment On Hold." I've never seen this with DHL before. Anyone else who ordered from OkiniLand seeing the same thing?