Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

My second Roy came in from AJ via Tenso. They basically just slapped a DHL shipping label on the AJ box, which is not something they normally do, but I think it saved me some money on shipping. That's the good news. The bad news is that AJ didn't bubble wrap the Roy at all, just dropped it in the box with some of that plastic air pillow packing material along one side. There was enough empty space left that Roy moved around in there and at least four of the corners are slightly damaged. Still, I know of members who've received valks from AJ that shipped in plastic bags and got damaged in a bunch of different ways, so I'm not complaining too much.

I noticed several replies and PMs regarding the DX decal set. I'll be responding to all of you tomorrow. Had to deal with some high priority stuff at work for the past two days that ate up all of my free time.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

I did that a couple of times. .. :p

Or just go to work and drink lots of coffee. I think that is why @Lolicon drinks it a lot. :lol: 

3 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

Man, Roy's VF-1S is amazing - that black and yellow w/ the skull is just gorgeous! Wow. I can't wait to pose them w/ the other Valks

RoyF.thumb.jpg.4f3e9f93b192331dadcf1d131267f184.jpg

I didn't bought one. But for some reason I appreciate the Yellow and Black scheme on his VF-0S more. :wub: Shoot, why do I get a feeling that my DX line is going to expand with Roy's if Bandai decides to do the VF-0S. :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, treatment said:

well, shi*t...

1246730492_uneven-wings-bandaied-dx-vf1roy.thumb.jpg.9b04e49ca673908b0f9c1a79b63cef16.jpg

just got bandai'ed...

:angry:

I think my VF-1J and one of my Hikaru VF-1S have that misaligned wing swept too in Battroid.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn't bought one. But for some reason I appreciate the Yellow and Black scheme on his VF-0S more. :wub: Shoot, why do I get a feeling that my DX line is going to expand with Roy's if Bandai decides to do the VF-0S. :rolleyes:

Oh lord, please don't le Bandai do the Zero line! I don't want to replace all of that stuff..............but I will.:fool:

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Oh lord, please don't le Bandai do the Zero line! I don't want to replace all of that stuff..............but I will.:fool:

I actually tried Photoshop coloring a VF-0S to red before for Hikaru. But it doesn't look right like the VF-1S, hence, why I appreciate the Yellow and Black scheme on VF-0S. ;)

But, just in case Bandai makes a VF-0S, it doesn't mean that I should go back and buy a Roy VF-1S. Hehehe. :lol: 

And the other Valk that's going to make me expand my DX 1/48 collection aside from Roy's VF-0S is Isamu's YF-19. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

What says that pic wasn't taken in the shipping/storage room of a store/retailer?

Yup, I mentioned that, but in a later post.  

Anyway, to each their own.

Glad we're seeing more open box pics of the toys themselves now ....for a while, it was just pages and pages of shipping updates, lol!

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The fit and finish of even Bandai's premium line lags behind Yamato 2008. 

If that's the worst problem you have, then consider yourself fortunate. 

Bandai does have a long history of this issue, though, so it really shouldn't surprise anyone.  They haven't quite mastered the art of getting wings to cool without curling... despite the model division having all the necessary skills and know-how.

Just be glad they moved past the "pulling 10 Gs" wing curl on the VF-25 DX.

Edited by Chronocidal

25 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Bandai does have a long history of this issue, though, so it really shouldn't surprise anyone.  They haven't quite mastered the art of getting wings to cool without curling... despite the model division having all the necessary skills and know-how.

Just be glad they moved past the "pulling 10 Gs" wing curl on the VF-25 DX.

the tornado packs would bend horribly on bandai wings

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The Bandai Zero line would be in a different scale....so it's not replacinging anything we already have.....yeah....that's it! 8)

Tamashii+Nations+Macross+display+image+0

C;mon now, JVM. That's why I said DX 1/48. If ever they decide to make one. ;) :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, treatment said:

Black is beautiful.

Skull Leader and Skull One...

skull-leader-n-skull-one.thumb.jpg.7a1398da894a3f83c015fc3babf3e27a.jpg

:bump:

Looking at them together... now I miss the red on Hikaru's heatshield. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, treatment said:

Here's the wings on my Hikaru-1S...

aligned-wings-dx-vf1s-hikaru.thumb.jpg.e7c5779d4b0715ff428ca215c93dd1e0.jpg

See the difference now?

Well, stop looking up your VF-1's skirts....................................pervert!:lol:

I guess I had seen the wing mis-alignment and my brain went straight to "That's normal QC crap". I can see how that could drive you bonkers. That sucks. Sorry.

I guess I'm lucky with my weird compartmentalized OCD. That wouldn't bother me. Other things on the other hand I will lose sleep over. 

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The Bandai Zero line would be in a different scale....so it's not replacinging anything we already have.....yeah....that's it! 8)

Tamashii+Nations+Macross+display+image+0

If they do a 1/60 scale Zero line I'm screwed (I'd replace my Yamato/Arcadia stuff....probably). If they do them in 1/48 I'm in huge trouble! I'd replace everything and need more display space!:lol:

Love all the pics!

I will say that Bandai can’t even completely replace the old 1/48 Yamato’s, let alone the absolutely stellar Arcadia VF-0s. There is no way my Arcadia VF-0s would be replaced if Bandai made Zero Valks. It would just mean my Zero collection gets expanded.