Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I have all but stopped using them. Their shipping rates/policies are "usury". That is EXCESSIVELY high though. I would message them before paying. In my experience a DX should be about $65-70 through Tenso.

Yep, FedEx/DHL shipping for Roy should be $55-65 to the US, based on my experience. If you were lucky enough to score a Roy through HLJ or AJ with Global Priority Shipping, the bill would be lower, probably around $35, but they're the exception. $150? That's highway robbery. All I can figure, and I think @sqidd has direct experience with this on other valk purchases, is that Buyee took whatever box the seller put Roy in and dropped it into a larger box. If that larger box is over a certain size, the next rate category kicks in. Then they arbitrarily increase the price some more, apparently.

12 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Luna Park isn't cheapest choice, but they do respond quickly to emails.

if only they shipped out as quickly and don't just "send the information" to dhl.  mine been like that since saturday.  dhl shows as received the information as of monday nov. 30 though, even though the number was emailed to me saturday the 28th.  that said for all i know they are still looking for stock to actually get the pacakge picked up from dhl or just waiting for dhl to come pick it up.  its annoying,

Was able to score 2 Roys from AJ (one for me me and one for a buddy). At $298 shipped with DHL, I would consider that a fair deal. Any more than that and it would have been a pass for me. Tell you what though, DHL seems to be on the ball. They were shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow morning....dayum!

No extra protective packaging, box is 3300 grams, or 7.2 pounds.

Really curious how this thing is packed. Maybe it was safety packed, then stuffed into a larger box as was mentioned before

Will find out in a couple days when I get my $400 focker!

9 minutes ago, Shawn said:

No extra protective packaging, box is 3300 grams, or 7.2 pounds.

Really curious how this thing is packed. Maybe it was safety packed, then stuffed into a larger box as was mentioned before

Will find out in a couple days when I get my $400 focker!

$400?!?  That is ridonkulous....do you live somewhere remote or something?

So my takeaway from sourcing Roy via proxy service such as Tenso and FJ is that they should be my last resort.

With EMS not available since Nov 27th, I am basically being robbed with shipping and end up paying the average, if not more. Here's the damage report;

roy #1 26000 yen. Tenso FedEx Int Priority shipping & fee 7150 yen. total 33,150 yen

roy #2 24200 yen. FJ DHL Shipping & fee 9954 yen. total 34,154 yen

I would have saved a bit more if I had gone with the ones offered by vendors who ship internationally on Amazon Japan. Pretty pathetic eh. I was hoping to save some by shopping around..

You win some lose some. In this case YOU LOSE.

25 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

So my takeaway from sourcing Roy via proxy service such as Tenso and FJ is that they should be my last resort.

With EMS not available since Nov 27th, I am basically being robbed with shipping and end up paying the average, if not more. Here's the damage report;

roy #1 26000 yen. Tenso FedEx Int Priority shipping & fee 7150 yen. total 33,150 yen

I would have saved a bit more if I had gone with the ones offered by vendors who ship internationally on Amazon Japan. Pretty pathetic eh. I was hoping to save some by shopping around..

order something else, combine shipping and ship surface.

23 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Dude... That's almost $500 CDN for two DX VF 1s TV Roy. 

Just now, levzloi said:

order something else, combine shipping and ship surface.

I think that's a done deal on @Angesdad behalf.

I received my DX Roy from NIN NIN yesterday. It's the first time I use them, and luckily everything went well. I have had no issues with Nippon Yassan either.

Is it just me or did Roy came with an extra stand? 

Edited by vlenhoff
By the way, the box is just gorgeous.

3 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

What are the chances that more movie SSP will be released?

I hope relatively high.  I may have missed out entirely thanks to N-Y.  Two cancelled orders and one being held hostage.  

54 minutes ago, borgified said:

Dude... That's almost $500 CDN for two DX VF 1s TV Roy. 

I think that's a done deal on @Angesdad behalf.

Not sure what you mean here? It's actually $832.43 Canadian for 2 Roys. Which ain't bad as far as I'm concerned. I paid $477 Canadian for 1 because of taxes.

My Roy was just delivered one day early from FedEx! But of course the box is a bit damaged because the Ebay seller only packaged it in bubble wrap and a FedEx BAG. No shipper box. Yet another reason to avoid Ebay sellers.

39 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I received my DX Roy from NIN NIN yesterday. It's the first time I use them, and luckily everything went well. I have had no issues with Nippon Yassan either.

Is it just me or did Roy came with an extra stand? 

yup, .. its s extra stand to display it in flight mode.   

21 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Not sure what you mean here? It's actually $832.43 Canadian for 2 Roys. Which ain't bad as far as I'm concerned. I paid $477 Canadian for 1 because of taxes.

My Roy was just delivered one day early from FedEx! But of course the box is a bit damaged because the Ebay seller only packaged it in bubble wrap and a FedEx BAG. No shipper box. Yet another reason to avoid Ebay sellers.

D'oh! 

I must have entered the wrong numbers then. Redid the adding and its $832.95 for both for me. Still expensive nevertheless. :shok:

30 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

I have to ask, was this seller a native Japanese person? I find it highly unusual that they'd just put it in a bag. They're typically extremely careful and pack very well. I've had packages from China come in the manner you described, but never Japan.

It doesn't matter since it's already done, but I was just curious. Thanks.