Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

45 minutes ago, Drad said:

Heh. I can't wait to get my DX. Is it weird that I kinda wanna track down that garbage bootleg Valkyrie and the old Takatoku as well? I have the Yamato 30th Anniversary 1/60 VF-1S TV Roy and the 1/100 Hi-Metal R VF-1S Focker Strike Valkyrie. It'd be fun to have them all standing there together.

Those Macres units are really hard to track down. Took me for ever to find that one and I'm still looking for the other one that has blue instead of tan there.

I do have one of the Takatoku 1/144's that bootleg was bootlegged from for sale if you're interested. PM me.:good:

Speaking of them all standing together.........:D

Focker Army.jpg

43 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Those Macres units are really hard to track down. Took me for ever to find that one and I'm still looking for the other one that has blue instead of tan there.

I do have one of the Takatoku 1/144's that bootleg was bootlegged from for sale if you're interested. PM me.:good:

Speaking of them all standing together.........:D

Focker Army.jpg

This is beyond awesome. Thanks, sqidd!

2 hours ago, Navtek said:

FedEx just delivered mine today from NNG first batch! Can't wait to get to it :yahoo:

Congrats! First batch NNG pricing (17,800 yen), no extra shipping upcharge to the USA?  Also dispatched early.  Lucky you!

Edited by rdrunner

3 hours ago, Draykov said:

I purchased two Roys for $225 unit price (USD) on 07/03.  Still waiting for some news.  Order still shows as "pre-order confirmed."  I had opted DHL/FedEx from the get-go.  Not sweating it just yet...not much at any rate.  All the BS with NY has me gun-shy though.  

I picked up Roy at the same price as well. Hopefully this week they take care of all orders from PO madness. Not gonna lie, I'm refreshing my email like crazy in the evenings lol

So I told fedex I wouldn't be home today but they delivered the package anyway.  They required a signature for delivery and according to FedEx SOMEONE SIGNED FOR IT which is impossible because I live alone.   The package isn't there and I already contacted fedex and they don't know whats going on because they have to call dispatch, who will call the driver, who will call this person and blah blah blah.  Looks like I dont get my Roy after all.  Someone stole my Roy!  FML...

Edited by myk

19 minutes ago, myk said:

So I told fedex I wouldn't be home today but they delivered the package anyway.  They required a signature for delivery and according to FedEx SOMEONE SIGNED FOR IT which is impossible because I live alone.   The package isn't there and I already contacted fedex and they don't know whats going on because they have to call dispatch, who will call the driver, who will call this person and blah blah blah.  Looks like I dont get my Roy after all.  Someone stole my Roy!  FML...

That's BS. In related news, my son's PS5 got delivered yesterday and was left on my doorstep without signature. Kind of surprised it was still there when someone got home.

Back on topic, still waiting for shipping notification from NY and Okini.

That blows @myk, over here they just say it's signed for by "signature not required", or if I'm lucky confirm someone is home before leaving it on the step (without signature).

On the bright side, just got my Roy from Nin-Nin delivered, original (no markup) PO pricing, and no extra shipping charges (I paid $40 for FedEx at time of order though).

At least you will have a copy of the DX VF-1s Roy TV version right @HG Blows (before the prices start to climb into unreachable territory)? 

Edit: I was also considering a copy as well, but I rather wait for the eventual DX YF-21 (if it hasn't been pooched).

Edited by borgified

Roy has arrived from Nin Nin, first batch order.

IMG_20201201_155022323.thumb.jpg.2dceee44c1f414e654b8efaac5fabfd7.jpg

2 hours ago, myk said:

Wow that's some crap, I hope you can get it sorted out. After stressing about Nin Nin even fulfilling orders, having your Roy held up on the last leg of his journey has got to be frustrating. Fedex has pulled that with me before, they got a signature, but couldn't even tell me who signed it. That was Chogokin X Figuarts Hulkbuster, I was livid, I got it sorted and FedEx eventually made the delivery, but it was a crap show.

2 hours ago, myk said:

i-will-find-you.jpg

49 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Anyone order from Luna park? Anyone hear anything from them?

Got a shipping notification from them on Sunday, shipped via DHL, but no updates on DHL’s site beyond the initial “shipping information received”.

2 hours ago, myk said:

I once had a FedEx package wrongly delivered to a business instead of my home. It was signed for and they knew exactly where the package was delivered. I called them up and told them. End result I was told to contact the shipper to file a claim because FedEx didn't want to waste the time searching for the misdelivered package. I hope they don't pull this on you and ever since then I have tried to avoid FedEx as much as possible. 

Edited by Norland

1 hour ago, canklebreaker said:

Anyone else have issues with the air brake not sitting flush? Any remedy for it?

The air brake on one of my VF-1J's doesn't sit flush either. Is this normal? No issues on the other one though.

Got it and she's a beauty.  Yeah the head sculpt is different but it more TV accurate.   I've collected every one of these DX VF-1 (not counting Fast Packs) but if they released a Movie edition of the VF-1S I think I'd pass.  The differences between the TV and Movie are too minor to warrant purchasing almost the same toy.

14 hours ago, Jade20X said:

From what I've gathered of other posters and reviewers, I think Nin-Nin's service model is "higher cost/payment, better service" rather than "first come, first served."  I'm not shocked by your mixed service results with them.  For me, I was pleasantly surprised when Nin-Nin sent me a shipping notice yesterday (11/30) with shipping upgraded to DHL, and I'm receiving my item tomorrow (to east coast US).... then again, I paid over $300 for mine from them.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was their last-minute attempt to micro-scalp some people. Why would they ship out my later order first ( with no request for extra shipping ) while my first order took a few days longer to prep and is now required an additional shipping fee?

At least FedEx delivered my Roy a day early so I'm happy about that! NinNin pulling through but also making decisions I don't fully agree with...

1 minute ago, Roy Focker said:

Got it and she's a beauty.  Yeah the head sculpt is different but it more TV accurate.   I've collected every one of these DX VF-1 (not counting Fast Packs) but if they released a Movie edition of the VF-1S I think I'd pass.  The differences between the TV and Movie are too minor to warrant purchasing almost the same toy.

I'm actually glad to hear that the differences are hardly noticeable because I really wanted the DYRL version but ordered the SDFM version.  I still might flip it if they release a DYRL version though.