Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

That's what they told me on Saturday.  However, I've seen several folks here who ordered from Nin-Nin Game that have either received shipping confirmation or have otherwise seen some movement on their orders, which leads me to believe they had some stock on hand.  So, I'm hopeful they'll get a fair number of the ones ordered on 07/03 out the door this week, but time will tell.  Personally, NNG has given me no reason to think they won't come through.  The one previous order I had with them shipped without issue.  That said, I'll feel better when mine ships. 

again, in my case i have 2 ordered on po night.  one earlier at a cheaper price.  one later that night at higher price.  they've already shipped the more expensive one, leaving my first (and cheaper) order stranded...  i'm still waiting on that shipping confirm.  ethical...

Accoding to FedEx I'm supposed to get mine on the 3rd.  I haven't been this excited since I bought my first chunky monkey in 1988 lol.  Coincidentally, that chunky monkey was also a Roy 'S.. 

NinNin just sent me an email: "Dear Customer We are contacting you regarding your order. Unfortunately due to the size of your package, we have to ask additional shipping fee."

This is in regards to my first wave Roy order that was priced at $170. They are now asking for an additional $18 on top of the shipping I already paid.

My Roy ordered at a later time at $275 (also from NinNin) was shipped last week with the same shipping method and is arriving on Wednesday.  

I'm left a little confused.

1 hour ago, Roi_Fokka said:

NinNin just sent me an email: "Dear Customer We are contacting you regarding your order. Unfortunately due to the size of your package, we have to ask additional shipping fee."

This is in regards to my first wave Roy order that was priced at $170. They are now asking for an additional $18 on top of the shipping I already paid.

My Roy ordered at a later time at $275 (also from NinNin) was shipped last week with the same shipping method and is arriving on Wednesday.  

From what I've gathered of other posters and reviewers, I think Nin-Nin's service model is "higher cost/payment, better service" rather than "first come, first served."  I'm not shocked by your mixed service results with them.  For me, I was pleasantly surprised when Nin-Nin sent me a shipping notice yesterday (11/30) with shipping upgraded to DHL, and I'm receiving my item tomorrow (to east coast US).... then again, I paid over $300 for mine from them.

Edited by Jade20X

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So the 1D is a TWE? Hell yeah! 

I *am* too old for this crap. :p

Oh, thank GOD. I will definitely be preordering that. 

4 hours ago, yami4ct said:

Nin Nin got back to me and told me their shipments are running late due to COVID so I’ll get a shipping invoice early next week (I used private warehouse because COVID was making knowing what shipping would be like at the time of order rough). Given my PayPal protection lasts through December 30th I guess I have no reason to disbelieve them. For reference my order went in when it was $260. 

I got mine when it was $225.29 and got my shipping notice on the 27th of November. 

2 hours ago, myk said:

Accoding to FedEx I'm supposed to get mine on the 3rd.  I haven't been this excited since I bought my first chunky monkey in 1988 lol.  Coincidentally, that chunky monkey was also a Roy 'S.. 

Mine will be arriving on the 3rd as well.

I am SO glad they stopped making the "001" backwards on the right tailfin. It irks me everytime I see it on my Hikaru DRYL 1-S. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

1 hour ago, Roi_Fokka said:

No freaking idea how they operate. I am from the 1st batch at Nin Nin and I paid 2700yen for EMS to Singapore. Seems low for the shipping (Ami Ami charged me 4000yen) but they shipped it out anyway.

4 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

No freaking idea how they operate. I am from the 1st batch at Nin Nin and I paid 2700yen for EMS to Singapore. Seems low for the shipping (Ami Ami charged me 4000yen) but they shipped it out anyway.

Amiami uses bigger and somewhat heavier/thicker boxes, and packs a lot of paper inside thus bringing up the cost of shipping. They pack securely but not efficiently. 

Edited by crackpot

haven't been on these boards in probably over a decade but the Roy has brought me back to actually post, most likely to the detriment of my wallet. :)

I just picked up the Roy from Okini a few minutes ago for $266 before shipping, $310 with DHL to the US.  It seems they come in and out of stock frequently but I still see they have stock.  

Having never ordered from them before, have people had mostly good experiences with them?

8 hours ago, Draykov said:

That's what they told me on Saturday.  However, I've seen several folks here who ordered from Nin-Nin Game that have either received shipping confirmation or have otherwise seen some movement on their orders, which leads me to believe they had some stock on hand.  So, I'm hopeful they'll get a fair number of the ones ordered on 07/03 out the door this week, but time will tell.  Personally, NNG has given me no reason to think they won't come through.  The one previous order I had with them shipped without issue.  That said, I'll feel better when mine ships. 

Hi @Draykov, I have also received an email from NNG about the shipping upcharge (I ordered at 17820 yen).  At this point I just want them to ship out my order to me as soon as possible.  

For another order earlier in the year, they have automatically upgraded my shipping from EMS to UPS/FedEx without me asking, so I am ok this time around based on the positive experience before.  However, I can understand why others may be bummed if they are getting a "free" shipping upgrade on a more expensive preorder but not for the cheaper one, on the exact same figure as well.

Edited by rdrunner

3 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

That's good to hear, and 2700 sounds a steal for those of us paying for shipping half way across the globe from Japan to the US/Canada... 

45 minutes ago, max said:

haven't been on these boards in probably over a decade but the Roy has brought me back to actually post, most likely to the detriment of my wallet. :)

I just picked up the Roy from Okini a few minutes ago for $266 before shipping, $310 with DHL to the US.  It seems they come in and out of stock frequently but I still see they have stock.  

Having never ordered from them before, have people had mostly good experiences with them?

Yeah, they're super solid. :)

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

It was shipping information, but last night it switched to Tokyo airport, with a Thursday end of day delivery.

great that gives me hope they aren't scamming everyone.  mine is still at "shipping information received" - hopefully mine changes over today/tonight.

5 hours ago, Roi_Fokka said:

20 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Hi @Draykov, I have also received an email from NNG about the shipping upcharge (I ordered at 17820 yen).  At this point I just want them to ship out my order to me as soon as possible.  

For another order earlier in the year, they have automatically upgraded my shipping from EMS to UPS/FedEx without me asking, so I am ok this time around based on the positive experience before.  However, I can understand why others may be bummed if they are getting a "free" shipping upgrade on a more expensive preorder but not for the cheaper one, on the exact same figure as well.

No email from Nin Nin yet. At this point I don't mind paying a little extra so that they just ship it asap. Is anyone else waiting on NNG to contact them on any updates?

Adding to the Nin Nin experience...

Received email confirmation on Monday that my order shipped by DHL Priority. Currently en route from OH and should be delivered tomorrow. So doesn't appear to be any funny business going. I remember paying just under $300 with express shipping option to the US. 

Ordered from Nin Nin as well, and Fed Ex isn't messing around I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow but it's now due to arrive today with a snowstorm in full swing. 

Also, what was the release on the super parts set tv version? People are saying theirs are on the way. I ordered from Anime Export and it's still listed as releasing December. 

2 hours ago, max said:

I want a second one so bad, but I can't pull the trigger on another $300 for this.  I'm considering Okini as well should these go back in stock there again.

EDIT:  It went back in stock at Okini, and I just ordered it.  My bank account is suffering now, but I feel pretty good inside.  Now where can I get another Super/Strike Pack?

Edited by Jade20X

54 minutes ago, Protoman said:

Ordered from Nin Nin as well, and Fed Ex isn't messing around I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow but it's now due to arrive today with a snowstorm in full swing. 

Also, what was the release on the super parts set tv version? People are saying theirs are on the way. I ordered from Anime Export and it's still listed as releasing December. 

No kidding.  I was supposed to get mine on Thursday but now FedEx is saying TODAY, but I won't be home!  AAARRGH!

8 hours ago, myk said:

Same here, brother. Saved my paper route money to buy this guy.

TakatokuVF-1S.jpg\

Actually that's wrong: this piece of glorious garbage was my first Valk, several years earlier. It was terrible in every way possible but it was what I could get my hands on and it was three dollars which was a lot for my young self. My imagination made it much better than it actually was and I loved it until I got the Takatoku which was my first real Valk.

Edited by Drad

2 hours ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

No email from Nin Nin yet. At this point I don't mind paying a little extra so that they just ship it asap. Is anyone else waiting on NNG to contact them on any updates?

I purchased two Roys for $225 unit price (USD) on 07/03.  Still waiting for some news.  Order still shows as "pre-order confirmed."  I had opted DHL/FedEx from the get-go.  Not sweating it just yet...not much at any rate.  All the BS with NY has me gun-shy though.  

Edited by Draykov

8 minutes ago, Drad said:

Actually that's wrong: this piece of glorious garbage was my first Valk, several years earlier. It was terrible in every way possible but it was what I could get my hands on and it was three dollars which was a lot for my young self. My imagination made it much better than it actually was and I loved it until I got the Takatoku which was my first real Valk.

Well, THAT valk turns into a giant moth, so...lucky you. ;)

1 hour ago, Brodie53 said:

Adding to the Nin Nin experience...

Received email confirmation on Monday that my order shipped by DHL Priority. Currently en route from OH and should be delivered tomorrow. So doesn't appear to be any funny business going. I remember paying just under $300 with express shipping option to the US. 

1 hour ago, Protoman said:

23 minutes ago, myk said:

No kidding.  I was supposed to get mine on Thursday but now FedEx is saying TODAY, but I won't be home!  AAARRGH!

Exact same situation. When FedEx first updated it said delivery Thursday, it reached Vegas this morning and is currently out for delivery, that FedEx Priority plays no games. Excited to get my Roy, just Kaki TV 1A and I'm happy with my collection, I'll grab a 1D if I can at retail, not willing to pay more though, 1D would just be a bonus, it's not something I really need. 

Heh. I can't wait to get my DX. Is it weird that I kinda wanna track down that garbage bootleg Valkyrie and the old Takatoku as well? I have the Yamato 30th Anniversary 1/60 VF-1S TV Roy and the 1/100 Hi-Metal R VF-1S Focker Strike Valkyrie. It'd be fun to have them all standing there together.

Edited by Drad