Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

He bought it in july. I thought he posted he just got that price.

Just now, levzloi said:

This.  Sorry, I thought the quote was a little more obvious.  :unsure:

LOL, I was like WTF! I shouldn't have slept last night!:rofl:

57 minutes ago, Toonz said:

AmazonJP states that they will email me WHEN they have an estimated delivery date :(

doesn't sound very promising to me

1762712909_Screenshot2020-12-01at2_35_51AM.thumb.png.f5f541d5c50ad74224bc9479aa4477de.png

Did you get it through a 3rd Party that ships via Amazon Global? Or was it direct from Amazon? If 3rd Party, it can take up to like a week before it ships, so no need to be alarmed.

10 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Did you get it through a 3rd Party that ships via Amazon Global? Or was it direct from Amazon? If 3rd Party, it can take up to like a week before it ships, so no need to be alarmed.

I think they were all third party??? I have a couple coming from AJP. I'm not worried. I've had them sit in pre shipping for, like you said, about a week.

Just now, sqidd said:

I think they were all third party??? I have a couple coming from AJP. I'm not worried. I've had them sit in pre shipping for, like you said, about a week.

Well, a bunch of us (including me) got them direct from AJ during pre-order madness in July. So, I just received mine from AJ today. (Got one from HLJ that hit the States and should arrive tomorrow).

So, it depends on where @Toonz got his from on AJ. If it is direct, then it could be slightly alarming though still wouldn't worry. There have been problems for a handful of people on the AJ direct ones this time around.

13 hours ago, Shawn said:

yep-that just looks awesome, thanks!

The black heat shield is definitely my personal preference, as incorrect as it may be.

image.thumb.png.64878efe3c170da43b151e3197149574.pngimage.thumb.png.6e8a55360ab9b1c5ebcc594f3bc1c20b.png

I like the black as well. 

On the DX, it gives it a less cartooony look maybe, I can't really place it, but I like it.

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Well, a bunch of us (including me) got them direct from AJ during pre-order madness in July. So, I just received mine from AJ today. (Got one from HLJ that hit the States and should arrive tomorrow).

So, it depends on where @Toonz got his from on AJ. If it is direct, then it could be slightly alarming though still wouldn't worry. There have been problems for a handful of people on the AJ direct ones this time around.

Ah yes, me only thinking of me, as usual.:p

There are those dirty, dirty rats that got theirs on PO night.:lol:

My safety Roy VF-1S order from Anime Export was originally slated to arrive Wednesday and now promises to be in my hot little hands sometime today.  My July pre-order to Nin-Nin Game, I'm still waiting to hear something.  Their support folks said this week sometime, but I know others have already seen some movement.  

5 hours ago, weiser21 said:

How do you get one from HK?

You will need to ask someone that lives in HK to buy it for you and then ship it over to the USA.

There's not that many HK store sites that offer Macross items for a good price anymore.

http://www.dendenhobby.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=136&product_id=8980

https://www.loopaza.com/dx-chogokin-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-first-limited-edition-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

22 minutes ago, SilentH said:

Is there an end to this?  I just dropped $314 for Roy.  Max cost me $250.  Kaki and Hikaru was $280 each.  Now $314 for Roy?  I honestly don’t know how to feel about this.

The answer is "NO END TO THE MADNESS". You have already fallen down deep into the rabbit hole and you can't climb back out. 

Or... 

Don't get any more DX Macross stuff and save your $$$. 

30 minutes ago, SilentH said:

Is there an end to this?  I just dropped $314 for Roy.  Max cost me $250.  Kaki and Hikaru was $280 each.  Now $314 for Roy?  I honestly don’t know how to feel about this.

Not sure how long you have been collecting Macross, but if you have been in it since 1982....you should know it never ends...

Expect a new VF-1 in about 5-10 years...start saving now!

The black heatshield really looks nice on Hikaru's 1S. Was there any specific reason as to why he's the only one have a painted heatshield whereas Roy's and Max's have black? Thought it should be consistent when you get promoted to leader rank.

Anyways, for those who's still looking for Roy's or late on trying to acquire them, I have a feeling that in the next week or so there will be some posts in the F/S thread from those who ordered multiples from various stores in case their orders is not going to be fulfilled.

43 minutes ago, SilentH said:

Try getting into cars and go-fast parts; macross money won't seem so painful...

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

For those that ordered through Nin Nin and received a shipping notice, but haven't seen any progress, my package is officially in the hands of FedEx and is on the way. No delivery date yet, but is is finally moving. 

Same here. Mine is moving through the system, but no estimated delivery date yet.