Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

But i can also see where the special stands come into their own....

Since roy has another deeper banking angle, I think there would be possibilities of a criss-cross banking display, with each of their names displayed underneath. :rolleyes: 

oh bandai...if only you did a banking stand for SDFM max as well...:mellow:

roy_hikaru.thumb.jpg.590d09e107e96835c96fcce64529ec57.jpgroy_hikaru1.thumb.jpg.9540ca4cd63f49ddc692cd7a918566eb.jpg

1 hour ago, seti88 said:
Here are your money shots folks!

Someone may need to come out with a special adapter, if you wanna use the special roy banking stand with the packs though...

52 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeti stand is best for sure...I wish Bandai would at least make the arms clear. Need Yeti back to make adapters to use his arms on the limited Bandai bases.

HAHA I answered my own question...someone did do an adapter like that!

it was bandai! Another reason to get the TV super parts set!

* Unsure yet tho if the DYRL type arm parts will fit the stand adapter.*

tn-packs.thumb.jpg.b860f266aae5e738854300ec2c762043.jpg 

Edited by seti88

10 minutes ago, seti88 said:

But i can also see where the special stands come into their own....

Since roy has another deeper banking angle, I think there would be possibilities of a criss-cross banking display, with each of their names displayed underneath. :rolleyes: 

oh bandai...if only you did a banking stand for SDFM max as well...:mellow:

roy_hikaru.thumb.jpg.590d09e107e96835c96fcce64529ec57.jpgroy_hikaru1.thumb.jpg.9540ca4cd63f49ddc692cd7a918566eb.jpg

Wish some 3P company will make a plain stand like that so I can buy a set of 3 and make a label for each of Hikaru's ride. ^_^

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wish some 3P company will make a plain stand like that so I can buy a set of 3 and make a label for each of Hikaru's ride. ^_^

Who knows, those stands arent complicated...perhaps time will tell...

Otherwise, maybe folks using yeti stands, would be willing to part with their special stands...

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

HAHA I answered my own question...someone did do an adapter like that!

it was bandai! Another reason to get the TV super parts set!

tn-packs.thumb.jpg.b860f266aae5e738854300ec2c762043.jpg 

Wait. So the first SSP set didn't come with that adapter? So that means, I have to buy 3 TV Super Parts set just to get that adapter? Oh no.

4 hours ago, peter said:

Bloody hell, the more I look at the difference, the more I can't unsee them.

This is going to bug the hell out of me.  The TV version does look more derpy.  Throw the TV hands on the thing and it's starting to look outright clownish, lol!

I'm going to flip the TV version if/when a DYRL version is released.

The head does look REALLY cartoony. I don't dislike it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but, I like the DYRL head better. Good thing I have three DX DYRL Fockers!:D

That said, they did nail the TV line art. So to everuone that has ever complained about things not being line art accurate.........................you don't get to complain about the Roy head.;)

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

That will be a bit. When do the TV Packs release again?

The TV packs are listed to be as out in december, so not too long now. But with the holiday's and such, maybe the JP folks would be first to try it out and find out..i cant imagine the DYRL arm packs not fitting the TV adapter, but you never know. Worse case, to have the DYRL SSP on Roy's special stand, maybe live with a TV arm pack tucked below, while the rest are DYRL packs.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! With them being out of production, not on your life!:lol:

Hahahahahahaha what is the going rate for kidney's nowadays? :D:D 

but what's the deal with yeti? His site is still being listed as being updated.. I havent been following up on that front...

i meant letting go of bandai's special stands, not yeti's (which i realise are a nice bonus for those who have bought them before!):p

Edited by seti88

29 minutes ago, Actar said:

Oh wow. Fighting and crying over preorders feel like only yesterday... is there any way I can get this now for a decent price?

I think you can get one for around 300USD shipped. Okiniland had one yesterday and there are some in amazon jp that ship to the us. 

HLJ still shows as order stop and not discontinued, so they may open orders soon

Public Service Announcement for anyone who is having their Roy sent to Tenso for shipping to the US

It looks like Tenso *finally* made DHL a standard shipping option, which is nice. Earlier this year you had to submit a special request for them to use it. DHL and "Surface Mail/International" are the only US options right now. Here are the price breakdowns:

• Package Handling Fee: ¥1150
  • DHL: ¥5525
  • Surface: ¥2900

The handling fee is added to any shipping option you choose, and their shipping rates tend to be a little higher than you might find elsewhere. It's how they make a profit on giving you a free domestic shipping address. These numbers are typical for Tenso, but I wanted to pass the info along for anyone who hasn't used them before and is thinking of doing so.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

The TV packs are listed to be as out in december, so not too long now. But with the holiday's and such, maybe the JP folks would be first to try it out and find out..i cant imagine the DYRL arm packs not fitting the TV adapter, but you never know. Worse case, to have the DYRL SSP on Roy's special stand, maybe live with a TV arm pack tucked below, while the rest are DYRL packs.

Oh nice! I didn't realize it was that soon. Now to get one of those Shapeways pilots and figure out who I can bribe to paint it like Hikaru.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hahahahahahaha what is the going rate for kidney's nowadays? :D:D 

but what's the deal with yeti? His site is still being listed as being updated.. I havent been following up on that front...

i meant letting go of bandai's special stands, not yeti's (which i realise are a nice bonus for those who have bought them before!):p

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were wondering if someone would part with a YetiStand. Not..................on..................your..................life! May not be able to get them again.:(

I wasn't thinking about the special Bandai stands. Yeah, good luck finding someone to part with one of those for reasonable money!:p

Edited by sqidd

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Public Service Announcement for anyone who is having their Roy sent to Tenso for shipping to the US

It looks like Tenso *finally* made DHL a standard shipping option, which is nice. Earlier this year you had to submit a special request for them to use it. DHL and "Surface Mail/International" are the only US options right now. Here are the price breakdowns:

• Package Handling Fee: ¥1150
  • DHL: ¥5525
  • Surface: ¥2900

The handling fee is added to any shipping option you choose, and their shipping rates tend to be a little higher than you might find elsewhere. It's how they make a profit on giving you a free domestic shipping address. These numbers are typical for Tenso, but I wanted to pass the info along for anyone who hasn't used them before and is thinking of doing so.

Thanks for the update brother!

I'm wondering if that Amazon deal that was up last night may be as good as it got when you factor shipping in. After fees/shipping Yahoo Auctions isn't going to be sub $300. And if you get the Amazon deal now (no international shipping) Tenso fees will put it way over $300.

That may be all she wrote. I was guessing these were going to go for about $325-350 shipped when they dropped. It looks like that may be the range now.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, jvmacross said:

25 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm wondering if that Amazon deal that was up last night may be as good as it got when you factor shipping in. After fees/shipping Yahoo Auctions isn't going to be sub $300. And if you get the Amazon deal now (no international shipping) Tenso fees will put it way over $300.

That may be all she wrote. I was guessing these were going to go for about $325-350 shipped when they dropped. It looks like that may be the range now.

It will take a few more days for some collectors to realize that the prophesized "extra" stock of DX TV VF-1S's at MSRP are not going to happen....then the panic will start and the mad rush to grab the cheapest one you can get before it's "too late" will begin....at that point the sellers on YJA and Amazon will react to the increased demand and will start increasing their prices accordingly....will they eventually reach Hikaru VF-1J levels....probably

:help:

29 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just did the math on the two that I managed to snag during PO Madness. One was from AJ, the other from Nin-Nin. AJ had the 10% consumption tax added to MSRP, but had free shipping to my Tenso address, where I just paid to have it shipped here via DHL. Nin-Nin had a 10% discount on MSRP after which they added what they called a "PayPal transaction fee" that effectively canceled out the discount, no consumption tax, and direct FedEx shipping. Average price for both: $243. Moving forward, I'm going to keep $250 in my head as the baseline cost for DX valks, shipped to my door using DHL or FedEx. If I can do better than that somewhere, awesome, but I think that number is realistic--even for a proxy purchase of something like a TWE VF-1D (fingers crossed). Missing out during PO Madness and having to grab them on the secondary market means the cost goes up, of course, but at least I have a decent idea of the minimum amount I'll have to spend to get my next transforming hunk of plastic. :good:  

14 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

will they eventually reach Hikaru VF-1J levels....probably

Probably a safe bet now that you mention it. I didn't think that it's the other super popular hero Valk with a stand included.

6 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I just did the math on the two that I managed to snag during PO Madness. One was from AJ, the other from Nin-Nin. AJ had the 10% consumption tax added to MSRP, but had free shipping to my Tenso address, where I just paid to have it shipped here via DHL. Nin-Nin had a 10% discount on MSRP after which they added what they called a "PayPal transaction fee" that effectively canceled out the discount, no consumption tax, and direct FedEx shipping. Average price for both: $243. Moving forward, I'm going to keep $250 in my head as the baseline cost for DX valks, shipped to my door using DHL or FedEx. If I can do better than that somewhere, awesome, but I think that number is realistic--even for a proxy purchase of something like a TWE VF-1D (fingers crossed). Missing out during PO Madness and having to grab them on the secondary market means the cost goes up, of course, but at least I have a decent idea of the minimum amount I'll have to spend to get my next transforming hunk of plastic. :good:  

Yeah, $250 all in IF you manage to get a PO is about as good as it's going to get I think. That AmazonJP deal that was up last night for $280 (assuming you bought two and used a card that will pay in Yen) seems like a smoker of a deal for not getting in on a PO. Plus the added bonus of dealing with AmazonJP/DHL which is a one click affair is nice.

I wouldn't be so doom and gloom yet. With a preorder only a month away, I'm guessing we'll see a little dip when people start putting in their 1D orders. If a 1J non "launch version" is announced that will also take some heat off all releases as people will see that Bandai will give the latecomers a lifeline. The thought that a DYRL Focker 1S is also possible might also prevent people from ponying up too much.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wouldn't be so doom and gloom yet. With a preorder only a month away, I'm guessing we'll see a little dip when people start putting in their 1D orders. If a 1J non "launch version" is announced that will also take some heat off all releases as people will see that Bandai will give the latecomers a lifeline. The thought that a DYRL Focker 1S is also possible might also prevent people from ponying up too much.

It would be bonkers for Bandai to do a DYRL Ficker soonish. But Bandai does bonkers stuff sooooooooooo.:p

My money is on a DYRL VF-1A Max next. That guess has nothing to with the Focker comment.