Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Protoman said:

Got my tracking from Nin Nin last night but just got an alert from Okani. Cheaper than what I've paid if anyone is still in need. 

https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html

Thanks for posting this. I have also just received the same email alert and thought the price was quite reasonable. Don’t know how much shipping will be but this seems a good deal. 

12 hours ago, sqidd said:

That's what I would think too. But I went to order a Kakizaki through a 3rd party seller that was charging about the same amount.....and it was surface shipping. Someone else had it happen to them too. Was it you? Or maybe @Sanity is Optional??? I ended up canceling the order.

Wasn't me. :unknw:

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Negative, though some sweet customs were made

I made this custom for a member back in 2006:

IMG_1003 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks for posting this. I have also just received the same email alert and thought the price was quite reasonable. Don’t know how much shipping will be but this seems a good deal. 

It's still back in stock at Okiniland and I paid about 43 USD via DHL to the US.  

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

First youtube unboxing/review I could find.

He's about as good as Wotafa. 

Surprised Wotafa himself doesn't have one, yet.

add/edit:

I must say.

The video shows the new face-sculpt as looking rather quite so derpy to me.   :touche:

Edited by treatment

10 minutes ago, Toonz said:

is it reliable to buy from a "non amazon" seller?

Are you referring to a 3rd party seller and it says "For-Filled by Amazon.jp or shipped by Amazon.jp" then yes.

2 minutes ago, frankell05 said:

does buying form amazon work just like buying form amazon here? 

Amazon.jp is the same as like any Amazon.

You have to make a new account under Amazon.jp and there is a English language feature, Click on the Japan Flag, select English and yes to change.

Any shipping needed, select International Global shipping, however some stuff will not be sent to your location.  

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

Are you referring to a 3rd party seller and it says "For-Filled by Amazon.jp or shipped by Amazon.jp" then yes.

Amazon.jp is the same as like any Amazon.

You have to make a new account under Amazon.jp and there is a English language feature, Click on the Japan Flag, select English and yes to change.

Any shipping needed, select International Global shipping, however some stuff will not be sent to your location.  

Thanks, i put the order in, so i guess we will see if everything goes through well. I'm in the Us,  so i think shipping will be ok. I didn't see to get charged tax during the transaction, so that is a plus too.  Thanks for answering!

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

@treatment - How can Roy's face be looking derpy? It's the same as the 1s Hikaru. :huh:

Judging by some of the advertising Bandai did, it's actually not quite the same.  They tweaked the mold slightly to more closely resemble the TV show.

How successful they were remains to be seen, though.

What i like about the SDFM valks main valks are the fact that each doesn't exactly look the same. :lol:

They seem to have their own character. But still, all part of the macross universe..

Btw, would love to see someone with diorama skills, pull off a roy's head laser cutting a hole in the door, valk display!

Edited by seti88

10 minutes ago, seti88 said:

What i like about the SDFM valks main valks are the fact that each doesn't exactly look the same. :lol:

They seem to have their own character. But still, all part of the macross universe..

Btw, would love to see someone with diorama skills, pull off a roy's head laser cutting a hole in the door valk display!

I have been a Macross fan for more than 30 years, and I only found out today that there is actually a difference between SDFM and DYRL 1S heads.

Not going to lie, I prefer the sharper lines of the DYRL version.

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Thanks for the post @seti88

The pic of the head change was posted by @Knuckles7173 on 2020/06/23 via Taghobby and  @Ignacio Ocamica noted of the noggin difference. Holy Crap... I had to do some back digging before I saw this post!! :blink: 

Bloody hell, the more I look at the difference, the more I can't unsee them.

This is going to bug the hell out of me.  The TV version does look more derpy.  Throw the TV hands on the thing and it's starting to look outright clownish, lol!

I'm going to flip the TV version if/when a DYRL version is released.

5 minutes ago, peter said:

Bloody hell, the more I look at the difference, the more I can't unsee them.

This is going to bug the hell out of me.  The TV version does look more derpy.  Throw the TV hands on the thing and it's starting to look outright clownish, lol!

I'm going to flip the TV version if/when a DYRL version is released.

Ha ha ha... I'm waiting for the DYRL version if it gets made and I glad that I skipped over this one. 

On 11/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, treatment said:

This has bothered me for years but does anyone have any insight as to why modern VF-1 toys position the pilot so far forward in the cockpit?

15 minutes ago, Raptor One said:

This has bothered me for years but does anyone have any insight as to why modern VF-1 toys position the pilot so far forward in the cockpit?

I believe it's to mirror modern fighter planes. 

It would be hilarious if in Bandai's tic SDF TV/toc DYRL cadence the release after the 1D was the DYRL 1S Focker.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Ha ha ha... I'm waiting for the DYRL version if it gets made and I glad that I skipped over this one. 

That DYRL version would probably not come with dedicated roy fokker stand tho.
Just like hikkies DYRL 1S didnt come with a special stand like hikaru's 1J.

of course yeti's stand is still the best... :lol: