Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Open box reports have come in about the tailfin modex numbers. But of course this is Bandai we are talking about, and they left the circle on the folded backpack unpainted instead of yellow.

Promo photos with the circle painted 

item_0000013309_BirI4ej4_07.thumb.jpg.ebbc664a016d7107b584fbcb854733cb.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.34b5ee08b60a7783901028d18250fc81.jpg

release item not painted

681013484_dc16b4f7-s(1).thumb.jpg.4f082b471e8b9c9f20a499f78749d2ef.jpg

d162aa5c.thumb.jpg.7205e72c0b60ce5f1f2f03832c91ec40.jpg

:unknw:

42 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Hi there!  I guess it is another one of those animation inconsistencies between the TV version and the official specs. Someone posted this in a Macross Facebook group which showed the yellow. Curiously, Hikaru’s DX VF-1J also has the red circle on its backpack. 

Ha! Could be. The surplus artwork that we've seen since SDF:M TV and DYRL were released do tend to mash-up the different details. I can only guess that Bandai is being strictly animation accurate with this TV Roy release, which would follow how Yamato did their TV version of Roy's 1S. 

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

Promo photos with the circle painted 

item_0000013309_BirI4ej4_07.thumb.jpg.ebbc664a016d7107b584fbcb854733cb.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.34b5ee08b60a7783901028d18250fc81.jpg

release item not painted

681013484_dc16b4f7-s(1).thumb.jpg.4f082b471e8b9c9f20a499f78749d2ef.jpg

d162aa5c.thumb.jpg.7205e72c0b60ce5f1f2f03832c91ec40.jpg

:unknw:

So confusing. At least it won't take that much effort to turn Roy's TV 1S promo into a DYRL promo. :ph34r:

Edited by technoblue

23 minutes ago, Toonz said:

the price will only go higher and higher...

bite the bullet and swallow one at mykombini :bad:

This looks a lot like the VF-1S Hikaru release to me. The price will probably go up, then come back down, then level off.

I imagine that the VF-1S Hikaru will come down a little more now that Roy is out. I know of quite a few people that got the Hikaru in case the Roy never came out.

Edited by sqidd

So my sleep was well interrupted the past few nights trying to score a Roy or two. 

Man, this dx collecting is indeed exhausting and addictive. I’ve never browsed internet so damn hard like this, not even for something that is much higher in value and rarity..

Dude where is my Roy(s)!

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Ha! Could be. The surplus artwork that we've seen since SDF:M TV and DYRL were released do tend to mash-up the different details. I can only guess that Bandai is being strictly animation accurate with this TV Roy release, which would follow how Yamato did their TV version of Roy's 1S. 

So confusing. At least it won't take that much effort to turn Roy's TV 1S promo into a DYRL promo. :ph34r:

Yeah it’s not unlike the colour of the VF-1D’s back cover on the HM-R I guess. Very confusing. 

Now that I can’t unsee this uncoloured patch, I may have to get hold of some 1/48 water decals for the dome part... 

22 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

So my sleep was well interrupted the past few nights trying to score a Roy or two. 

Man, this dx collecting is indeed exhausting and addictive. I’ve never browsed internet so damn hard like this, not even for something that is much higher in value and rarity..

Dude where is my Roy(s)!

That's how we roll as we're locked in to get out plastic crack fixes! 

"This is the way" ;)

39 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Is this covered in an earlier post? Curious what you mean about the intakes. in which mode, etc.

Thanks!

Depends on the angle I guess:

VF1D.thumb.JPG.1c482eac4cdc72130306270b8519ffe4.JPG

In this angle, the canopy does not come in contact with the chest plate.

p1eo1lbav5di4klp1u1jqi211lq4.jpg

The toy appears to touch from the above angle

7B2hJRMbweCgI8c6O8tqo3hWAs4BfMEIoUrWYO6u

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yup. There’s still debate on if they will open up 12/24 or 12/25 in Japan. Sources are saying different things

What it says from previous posts is that information on the item will be released on the 24th. Maybe we will know by then if actual Minmay figure(s) or broken arm will be included plus the option of removing the nosecone and additional connector parts to Roy’s VF-1S. And preorder is on the 25th.

And as what most of us says, watch out for this thread days before the PO date for more explosive, revealing, awesome news, comments, and bantering. :lol:

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

Very tempting, but going to keep my figures crossed that other stores find additional stock and I'm able to get it for closer to MSRP. What a dangerous game!

15 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I wonder when these will ship. And if it's DHL.

If you get two shipping is only 4,891 yen for both combined. If your card pays in Yen that works out to about $280/ unit. Not too bad.

Edited by sqidd

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If you get two shipping is only 4,891 yen for both combined. If your card pays in Yen that works out to about $280/ unit. Not too bad.

its fullfill by amazon and the shipping at check out is   AmazonGlobal International Shipping (Priority) 

So that would mean DHL .

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Mine was from eomochayasan who I've purchased stuff from before. It'll probably ship out within the next 2 or 3 days via DHL. $260 shipped for mine after using Amazon points.

They're not going to pull an NY if that's what you're concerned about. :drinks:

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Mine was from eomochayasan who I've purchased stuff from before. It'll probably ship out within the next 2 or 3 days via DHL. $260 shipped for mine after using Amazon points.

They're not going to pull an NY if that's what you're concerned about. :drinks:

I love it, pulling a N-Y. I do wonder if anyone here had ordered Roy from them, and has anyone been N-Y’d again?

4 hours ago, obakesan said:

ok prepare your wallets and get ready for pre-order christmas madness all over again for the VF-1D:

p1eo1lbav5di4klp1u1jqi211lq4.jpg

O my God, ready and waiting!!!!!

Canopy placement looks within spec...

http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vf-1d-valkyrie/schematic-vf1d.gif

http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vf-1d-valkyrie/vf-1d-lineart.gif

Typical Macross technical inconsistencies aside, Good Luck to whomever wants one, hope you're successful!

Edited by slide

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I love it, pulling a N-Y. I do wonder if anyone here had ordered Roy from them, and has anyone been N-Y’d again?

I stupidly did but have not heard a peep from them. I have fears that we will be messed about with. I can only hope that NY will prove me wrong. Roy is my last item ordered with them. I'd rather call it quits with the hobby then rely on them for anything moving forward. I don't think i have had as bad and distasteful purchasing experience with anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, spanner said:

I stupidly did but have not heard a peep from them. I have fears that we will be messed about with. I can only hope that NY will prove me wrong. Roy is my last item ordered with them. I'd rather call it quits with the hobby then rely on them for anything moving forward. I don't think i have had as bad and distasteful purchasing experience with anyone else. 

Hi spanner, apologies but I was really just curious. I am one of the many who got NY’d with the SSP as well, and I hope that you will get your order from them very soon. 

On a less serious note, N-Y has achieved something similar to what google has done - people have started using their brand name as a verb, albeit for VERY different reasons....