Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Lucky you!  I have a preorder with Nin-Nin but no news yet (I picked EMS shipping at the time). If you don’t mind me asking, what was your PO price and what shipping method did you pick? Thanks. 

I also have an order for the Roy VF-1S coming (allegedly) from Nin-Nin.  Have not heard anything about shipment yet.  Their site was down for a bit tonight, but I went back to confirm that I got it for around $225 USD (before shipping and fees).  I didn't pull the trigger fast enough when it was first available, but I scored one when they were doing their little reappear/price increase dance.  I very nearly ordered one at ¥19,800 through Nin-Nin, but I screwed something up when trying to pay with credit card and then it was gone (only to reappear about 20 minutes later with the price hike).  

Edited by Draykov

13 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Just paid AE for shipping for Roy's DX.  Didn't get an email but was available for payment when I went to the website to check the status of my order.

You should see one soon.  I got my shipping prompt earlier today and then the payment prompt (for shipping) later.  About 5 minutes after I paid for shipping, I got the email confirmation that it was gonna be on its way.  That's been within the past 30 minutes or so.  My order currently shows "shipped" complete with DHL Express tracking number.   :wub:

Edited by Draykov

10 hours ago, F360 said:

Amazon jp charged my Dx Roy order , and yup , USA sales tax is added . 

I received my AJ shipping notification as well, precisely at midnight JST. I went with the "ship to Tenso" option when I placed my order, so it first has to go there and will then come to the US. AJ won't charge US tax for Roy taking that route, but I have to pay Tenso fees, so there's a price either way.

10 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Same here mate. I see that you’ve also asked the same question as me. Anxiously waiting to see if NNG will really honor our POs at this price. 

I noticed that NNG still has Roy available for purchase at the inflated price of $356. I was in the very first round of POs and haven't heard from them yet. The cynic in me thinks that those of us who managed to get a PO in the earlier (less expensive) rounds are probably at the bottom of their order fulfillment list because they make the least amount of money off of us. If they run out of stock before reaching us, we're out of luck and have to start the process of getting our money back from PayPal or our credit card companies. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, though. I have plans for that second Roy and I really don't want to go searching for another one now....

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just received my Hobby Link Japan notification regarding the Roy VF-1S. 

I only see 2 shipping options available to me.... FedEx and DHL. 

Is that the same for everyone else?

Yup , the other options are still suspended for the USA .   The extra 5% discount on shipping is already added .  It Ends 28 Nov 11am JST.  Part of their Black Friday sale .

1 minute ago, F360 said:

Yup , the other options are still suspended for the USA .   The extra 5% discount on shipping is already added .  It Ends 28 Nov 11am JST.  Part of their Black Friday sale .

Thanks for letting me know @F360

As a side note, my husband... (I love calling him that)... has convinced me that I should free up some space and sell off all the EXTRA valkyries I ordered due to my fear of having a pre-order fall apart.  

So, in the near future, I will probably be listing a DX Chogokin VF-1A Max, VF-31E, VF-31S Armored Parts, and eventually a VF-1S Roy when my 2nd pre-order finally comes in, plus a few Hi-Metal R valkyries.

It hurts, but I know my husband is right.... darn it.   

*sigh*  The disadvantage of having a husband.... shared space...  *sigh*

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone and good luck Black Friday shopping!

40 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I received my AJ shipping notification as well, precisely at midnight JST. I went with the "ship to Tenso" option when I placed my order, so it first has to go there and will then come to the US. AJ won't charge US tax for Roy taking that route, but I have to pay Tenso fees, so there's a price either way.

I noticed that NNG still has Roy available for purchase at the inflated price of $356. I was in the very first round of POs and haven't heard from them yet. The cynic in me thinks that those of us who managed to get a PO in the earlier (less expensive) rounds are probably at the bottom of their order fulfillment list because they make the least amount of money off of us. If they run out of stock before reaching us, we're out of luck and have to start the process of getting our money back from PayPal or our credit card companies. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, though. I have plans for that second Roy and I really don't want to go searching for another one now....

Yeah I am of the same mindset that if NNG honors the 17800 yen PO’s, that would be fantastic. I’m somewhat hopeful that there seem to be plenty of Roys available from the initial prices on amazon and YJA. I dropped NNG a message and will let you guys know if I hear anything. 

4 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

its nice HLJ has now cheap (relatively) DHL shipping option.

Not sure if this applies to all locations, but at least here in Canada, if you ship through Fedex, you can waive their advancement fee and just pay for the tax/duties, if you create a Fedex account and use that account to pay for those. You may have to call Fedex support once you get your invoice and tell them to bill the said account but afterwards, the succeeding shipments automatically bills the said account.  So I choose Fedex for that reason assuming of course that their rate is close to the alternatives or reasonable.

1 hour ago, skullmilitia said:

anyone having trouble with AJ suddenly not liking credit card payments?

Looks like AJ screwed me, my original order was through Amazon JP fulfillment, and now its switched to a third party that won't ship to the US.

You can only change payment and shipping info yourself when the item is still available to ship to your country.   If you need to change anything after it’s sold out , you will need to contact Amazon chat .   

Also Sales tax will be added ....so for those that have just enough on the creditcard ,debit card or amazon card will not be be enough.  

if you run into issue it’s best to contact amazon chat first .

I had a ton of issues with my amazon.co.jp Roy order today when they tried to charge my debit card.

The charge problems aren't unusual. However this time when I got it cleared from my bank amazon still rejected it. First time that has happened.

Then I added the payment via amazon store credit, but when I tried applying the balance to the order it gave me technical errors. So I thought for a moment I would have $200+ stuck on amazon.co.jp and a cancelled Roy.

I wound up using the order help function, changed my shipping address to a Tenso address I already had on there, and got the credit applied.  Now I have to deal with Tenso and added shipping cost, but it worked. 

What an ordeal.

Is there a consensus on the best place to order the VF-1D when preorders go up? Nippon Yasan was my go to for TWE. I was lucky and got my single Strike pack without issue and in fact have never had an issue with NY, but with so many people having problems I am looking for an alternative. I was thinking MyKomibi since I have used them once before for a non-TWE purchase, but that was quite awhile ago.

12 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Lucky you!  I have a preorder with Nin-Nin but no news yet (I picked EMS shipping at the time). If you don’t mind me asking, what was your PO price and what shipping method did you pick? Thanks. 

Hey. It was $301 without fees or shipping. Total was $354. Used fedex/DHL option.