Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Mod Roy here.

Just cleaned up a bunch of stuff.  Maybe I remove too many posts.  Maybe I didn't remove enough.  Didn't have time to read and evaluate them all.  We have a no politics rule here.  It is one of the big rules.  Please don't force us to close this topic or force us to take any further action.   Please play nice.

55 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ummm... did lightning just blow this guy's clothes off?????

I always loved how no one knew that Prince Adam was He-Man. At least Superman had glasses and a different hair-do. Adam is just He-man with clothes on. 

“LOOKING EVERYWHERE EXCEPT FOR WHAT’S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU”

679BDB71-1C41-422A-A916-B2E6797B5BA0.thumb.gif.025d16f0f77587a11bf7974abfca7b81.gif

Chris

Edited by Dobber

44 minutes ago, crackpot said:

It also gave Adam a nice tan allover which made him unrecognizable to a lot of people especially those close to him. 

He-man is just Prince Adam after a weekend at Fire Island

Chris

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ummm... did lightning just blow this guy's clothes off?????

Pretty much. Crazy what they showed in the 80’s lol. Kinda like in DYRL when Hikaru smacks Minmei and watching that now makes me cringe a little.  At least later on in Macross the guys get slapped a bit like Alto and Hayate.

55 minutes ago, crackpot said:

It also gave Adam a nice tan allover which made him unrecognizable to a lot of people especially those close to him. 

Right?!

On 11/13/2020 at 3:37 PM, Angesdad said:

Got my ass whooped good for buying three DXs'...over relatively a "short period of time" according to wife.B))

..Damn you joint account.

And this is why I have been put off this line.   I have enough expensive hobbies as it is,  and a happy Mrs. is the most expensive one.. lol

I FINALLY bit the bullet and picked up the Fokker 1S damn you @sqidd and your links.   I also just went and got the missle set, at some point before they become unobtanium I need a strike/super set.    But I really am having a hard time justifying the price points for any of this.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Sorry about that. My fault .

Not you Shizuka...

On 11/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, Roy Focker said:

Mod Roy here.

Just cleaned up a bunch of stuff.  Maybe I remove too many posts.  Maybe I didn't remove enough.  Didn't have time to read and evaluate them all.  We have a no politics rule here.  It is one of the big rules.  Please don't force us to close this topic or force us to take any further action.   Please play nice.

Commentary got out of control and the mods had to step in

Edited by levzloi

10 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

I just bought one on ebay for $298 shipped plus tax. I can't be arsed to scrounge for a better deal.

Sold my extra max for a lot more than that.  I will miss the money unfortunately :(

That's a good deal.

After almost one yeat and a half I've requested Anime Export to ship my Strike Parts (paid my order June 2019). No postal service to my country yet, but found a forwarder via Miami.

They're packing my order now, so my Hikkie 1S will finally sport some armor.

Will ship my Focler 1S preorder from AmiAmi through the same forwarder. Can't wait any longer. I want my plastic fix now!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

28 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

It's a 19,800 yen item which is about 200 bucks, so consider shipping another 65 bucks maybe and that goes to 265, so 298 isn't a huge profit.  I'm just guesstimating the shipping, probably is lower than that but still.

Shipping to California via FedEx/DHL is closer to $45.

It's not a great profit margin, but it's still significantly more than the $218.55 (shipping incl) my order with nin-nin is.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's not a great profit margin, but it's still significantly more than the $218.55 (shipping incl) my order with nin-nin is.

If your Nin-Nin order shows up. I’m in the same boat as you. Got in on an early PO round, waiting to see if they cancel my order and sell it to someone else at a big markup after release. 

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Shipping to California via FedEx/DHL is closer to $45.

Shipping will most likely be closer to $65 due to the extra weight of the flight display stand .    Then there’s the Christmas holiday fee that some of tge shipping company will charge depending on how close you are to shipping near Christmas 

Speaking of DX VF-1S...

Am I the only DX Hikaru-1S owner that has a bum leftside landing gear? No locking detents like the rightside landing-gear.

I recently (and finally) transformed my Hikaru-1S back into fighter mode.

I'd honestly forgotten how much super annoying the transforming process was and due entirely to the stupid damn connector gimmick that keeps disconnecting itself.

Add to that, since I have the FPs on it, the gunpod pretty much does not have any more clear ground-clearance.

Like none at all.

It drags when I wheeled it before the bum left landing gear gives out.

Thought the no-ground-clearance was coz of the bum left landing-gear, but nope.

Augh!   :angry: