Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

22 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Is there a possibility that Bandai teased the various colored GBP sets only to tease aT a possible kit edition similar to the Yamato Assembly Kits for various toy releases???

Hmm.

Zero chance, the model kits are a different division of Bandai, they even have a different (color) logo.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Well if they do a lottery, none of us will be able to get it until we see them on Mandarake like the Movie 31J

Well, I have a friend in JP sooooooooooooo.:D

I haven't been around for a lottery. How does that work?

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Or I just pass on the GBP....

Crazy talk.8P

44 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

26BD5D13-E546-4963-8A63-0BE4B3921340.gif

You can never have too much Lebowski.

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You guys amuse me on this bundle talk. At the end of the day, whether we need it or not, bundled or not bundled, we're still going to order, and we're still going to blame Bandai for the PO shenanigans. Period. :rolleyes:

True story

@davidwhangchoi I would figure this VF-1D is a slapped together display piece, because yeah it looks off, even the canopy has a major gap. Some line art shots Via Google & pending on what model kit or line art you see, that chest plate comes really close to the canopy. 

I'm actually hoping they go with a slightly darker orange. 

Stonewell/Bellcom VF-1D Valkyrie

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

@davidwhangchoi I would figure this VF-1D is a slapped together display piece, because yeah it looks off, even the canopy has a major gap. Some line art shots Via Google & pending on what model kit or line art you see, that chest plate comes really close to the canopy. 

Thanks airborne, the canopy does look very close to the chestplate on the lineart.

not sure though why, but on the DX it looks like the canopy it too recessed in, like someone sat on it. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Well, I have a friend in JP sooooooooooooo.:D

I haven't been around for a lottery. How does that work?

Crazy talk.8P

Even lottery items can be preordered from certain retailers. I preordered the 31J Kai from Big in Japan. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

The 1D on display is clearly a prototype. You can even see silvering around the intake decal. 

14 hours ago, crackpot said:

It won't be a bundle. The GBP armor will come with a grey decal to put around the visor of your existing VF-1J :diablo:

12 hours ago, eggy99 said:

No the GBP will come with a Bandai Grey Gundam marker rebranded as a Macross marker for collectors to colour their white goggles into grey goggles. 

I have to disagree with both of you: Bandai will sell the decal and/or marker separately for 6000 yen.  :crazy:

Here's what @DYRL VF-1S, @rdrunner and myself been theorizing...

The pre-orders of the DX VF-1d will possibly be dropped very shortly within a few days possibly. Look at the pre-orders for the TV Supers for example. 

It was announced on July 4th and the pre-orders where listed late Saturday night/early Sunday morning as a TWE order.

Who knows if this DX VF-1d will follow the same trend and either a regular or a TWE.  

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Here's what @DYRL VF-1S, @rdrunner and myself been theorizing...

The pre-orders of the DX VF-1d will possibly be dropped very shortly within a few days possibly. Look at the pre-orders for the TV Supers for example. 

It was announced on July 4th and the pre-orders where listed late Saturday night/early Sunday morning as a TWE order.

Who knows if this DX VF-1d will follow the same trend and either a regular or a TWE.  

I wonder if the TV Super PO is an outlier. They probably wanted the set to come out not long after the Roy, but probably also wanted to wait to reveal the set at that Tamashii Nations event in July, meaning that they'd have to start taking orders right afterwards. They might not be in as much of a hurry for the 1D or the GBP....

28 minutes ago, Mecachrome said:

How much were pre-orders for other VF-1 Valkyries?

It really varies between stores. But to give you a ballpark, as per Tamashii site it’s Y18000. Y19800 tax inclusive in Japan. So the best guess the prices were playing between Y21000-Y25000 during the initial PO. 

14 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

There’s a separate round of Supers set for April release. Anyone remember when the Strikes did PO for the second round? That would be a good guess for those.

The 2nd batch for the strike was only a couple of days from the opening of original preorder for the 1st batch since it was sold out hella quick .  
It was  2019-06-11  2nd batch start 

2019-06-07 1st batch start 

Edited by F360

I've been waiting for a 1/48 VF-1D since the old Yamato days, so I'm cool with this DX version. That said I wish the orange looked like this Hasegawa kit. I had the HMR VF-1D & VT-1 but didn't care for the shade they used and looks to be the same on this DX. 

Oh well, still excited for a 1/48 1D. B))

TOY-RBT-4044_03.jpg

31 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Wait, was there a new DX Chogokin Macross announcement?

Do we have release dates yet?

They showed a VF-1D, and max VF-1J. Plus GBP, not just the Hikaru 1J (with grey goggles), but also alternate color versions on a Roy 1S and a Max 1J.

so we’re expecting the 1D, and the GBP at least, though no idea if the grey goggles 1J will be a head swap or what.

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I've been waiting for a 1/48 VF-1D since the old Yamato days, so I'm cool with this DX version. That said I wish the orange looked like this Hasegawa kit. I had the HMR VF-1D & VT-1 but didn't care for the shade they used and looks to be the same on this DX. 

Oh well, still excited for a 1/48 1D. B))

TOY-RBT-4044_03.jpg

Ok guys (and girl), I just watched the "battle" scene with Hikaru in the 1D rescuing/picking Minmay up. What would you say is the most iconic mode/display? Gerwalk with Minmay in the VF-1's hand or "Reverse Half-walk" (arms out but legs still in fighter mode) with Minmay in hand? Follow up question, can you get a DX into "Reverse Half-walk"? I think you can.

I'm thinking as far as display goes Gerwalk is probably the best option. Doing the "Reverse Half-walk" would only really work if it's angled nose down....a lot. Which would take up quite a bit of display space (unless it was pointed straight down). Maybe no more space than Gerwalk though. I suppose a master level display would be "Reverse Half-walk" with the VF's arm shot off (Minmay in hand) "floating" next to the Valk. I'm not going for master level though. That sounds like a lot of work!:p

Anyhoo, thoughts?

So I guess I’ve been Nippon Yassan’d

i have sent multiple “tickets” to them about my Super/Strike Parts asking about the status and then a refund. No response. I hate being powerless. 

Chris

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Ok guys (and girl), I just watched the "battle" scene with Hikaru in the 1D rescuing/picking Minmay up. What would you say is the most iconic mode/display? Gerwalk with Minmay in the VF-1's hand or "Reverse Half-walk" (arms out but legs still in fighter mode) with Minmay in hand? Follow up question, can you get a DX into "Reverse Half-walk"? I think you can.

I'm thinking as far as display goes Gerwalk is probably the best option. Doing the "Reverse Half-walk" would only really work if it's angled nose down....a lot. Which would take up quite a bit of display space (unless it was pointed straight down). Maybe no more space than Gerwalk though. I suppose a master level display would be "Reverse Half-walk" with the VF's arm shot off (Minmay in hand) "floating" next to the Valk. I'm not going for master level though. That sounds like a lot of work!:p

Anyhoo, thoughts?

I do my HMR 1-D in gerwalk with the Minmei in the hand, but display my 1/60 Yammies both in battroid.

117110221_10217724632732575_844301085260347396_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=lrcm02B4jggAX9i3BDZ&_nc_oc=AQnd1kkPwqg7ukRaT0wmVRgqlUm9lX2tsPOvGjNdBUQQ11or8l2WMde6-BSKjAW21YY&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=60b367a60c253f66480088e7bd2924c1&oe=5FCB9986