Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

27 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I hope so, would be sad if Bandai didn't include that. 

agree!

and man that vf-1d is like  a dream come true.  i love yamato's but i prefer bandai's interpretation of the colors of the 1D.  yamato's v1 was a bit too dark and dull and they went to far the other direction with the V2.0 version.  bandai's IMO looks better even if its less accurate to the animation.  i think its more accurate to the art of the time and the animation model i think.... i'm not sure and can't be fussed to find the official stuff right now.  i just know i like it and i need that DX chogokin Vf-1D, oh and the roy and hikaru GBP packs.  wonder if they are just armor or gift sets with the valk?

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They might just include a grey sticker in the GBP set and call it a day.

Or have a slip-on part, or a replacement head.

+1 on the replacement head, that would be the most elegant solution to get everything for the best price and best result.

19 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

There's a Metal Structure Sazabi? I missed out on the RX-93 Nu Gundam.

Photos are posted in the Bandai METAL etc thread:

Regarding the DX VF-1D, looks like our prediction is correct that it's going to be a Valk from SDF since they're doing 2-on-2 releases.

My post from Page 605 with edits:

Released:
SDFM VF-1J Hikaru
SDFM VF-1A Max
DYRL VF-1S Hikaru

DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki
SDFM VF-1S Roy

Prediction:
SDFM VF-1A Kakizaki or VF-1D (TWE if it's Kakizaki's) Revealed at TN2020. No release date yet.
DYRL VF-1S Max
DYRL VF-1A Hikaru (with a possibility of a bundled Super Pack) (TWE)
SDFM VF-1A Kakizaki or VF-1D (TWE if it's Kakizaki's)
SDFM VF-1S Hikaru (with a possibility of a bundled Super Pack)
DYRL VF-1A Max
DYRL VF-1S Roy (TWE)

Some of the SDFM above can be switched with these:
SDFM VF-1J Armored
SDFM VF-1J Max Displayed at TN2020 equipped with Armor Pack
SDFM VF-1J Millia
SDFM VF-1S Roy Armored Displayed at TN2020

And to finish it probably with a TWE exclusive of DYRL VT-1

Let's see if the next is actually from DYRL just to see if 2-on-2 releases is actually correct. ;) 

The problem with including a replacement head is that the hue might not be a perfect match. Yamato had that issue with their first GBP when they threw new heads on old stock. They should make it so it can be a clip on part... But that boat probably already sailed.

Edited by jenius

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

The problem with including a replacement head is that the hue might not be a perfect match. Yamato had that worked with their first GBP when they threw new heads on old stock. They should make it so it can be a clip on part... But that boat probably already sailed.

As someone who builds a lot of Bandai plastic models, I have very little concern about hue matching. Bandai has very tight control over their plastic quality and colors.

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

Excited by the 1D. I really want to see better pictures of the canopy. Is it properly lengthened or just slightly reshaped like what the Yamato 1/60 did.  If it’s like the Yamato then it’ll be an easy pass for me. Don’t need the stress of preorder madness for a half-assed solution.

Chris

6 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Seems correctly lengthened to me.

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

SWEET! It does indeed! Thanks for that, I only saw the other 1/4 view with canopy open.
Now hopefully I can get one. Stupid Bandai and their preorder stupidness.<_<

Chris

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Looks to be the same solution as the Yamato. 

Sorry for my ignorance on this issue. But can anyone explain this to me what's the issue on this prototype VF-1D canopy? I'm basically watching the video so I took a photo of it. And cross-checking with @jenius Anymoon site for some side view pic comparison between Yamato and Bandai. I know there's a big difference betwen Yamato's VF-1D and VT-1 and from VF-1J and VF-1D. But then looking back and forth on the DX VF-1J and this DX VF-1D, I can't seem to see the length issue that you guys were mentioning. Thanks in advance.

599239149_ScreenShot4.thumb.jpg.6b90b9ed8ed2569cdc35b3d9100dd679.jpg

1688293498_ScreenShot3.thumb.jpg.68467be7e937b3324434cab31712f172.jpg

2100346938_ScreenShot1.thumb.jpg.9f2faef6047098b2c15d76ab12318bbd.jpg

1356537244_ScreenShot2.thumb.jpg.cda417bd8227318bb4a4de9fef167d0a.jpg

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry for my ignorance on this issue. But can anyone explain this to me what's the issue on this prototype VF-1D canopy? I'm basically watching the video so I took a photo of it. And cross-checking with @jenius Anymoon site for some side view pic comparison between Yamato and Bandai. I know there's a big difference betwen Yamato's VF-1D and VT-1 and from VF-1J and VF-1D. But then looking back and forth on the DX VF-1J and this DX VF-1D, I can't seem to see the length issue that you guys were mentioning. Thanks in advance.

Not an issue. Just making a reference that the DX VF-1D will be similar in relative dimension to the Yamato 1//60.

Well at least for me that is.

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

423145694_ScreenShot3.jpg.1d7a0ee2061af7e344db039b6acf93f6.thumb.jpg.bbea0529c080185bbea90db9a78efde1.jpg487110172_ScreenShot4.jpg.d2855462a4c2a6720deddf62a331fadf.thumb.jpg.31b78b573fa900cfd83c10fbca0d8831.jpg

I believe they're referring to the length of the cockpit, which if you look closely does seem to be longer on the VF-1D.

17 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not an issue. Just making a reference that the DX VF-1D will be similar in relative dimension to the Yamato 1//60.

Well at least for me that is.

10 minutes ago, levzloi said:

423145694_ScreenShot3.jpg.1d7a0ee2061af7e344db039b6acf93f6.thumb.jpg.bbea0529c080185bbea90db9a78efde1.jpg487110172_ScreenShot4.jpg.d2855462a4c2a6720deddf62a331fadf.thumb.jpg.31b78b573fa900cfd83c10fbca0d8831.jpg

I believe they're referring to the length of the cockpit, which if you look closely does seem to be longer on the VF-1D.

Ok. I think I see what you guys are pointing out. So does that mean Bandai did the same thing as Yamato did? If so, what should be the correct take? Does the whole fuselage needed to be longer somehow?

Again, apologies for my ignorance on it. But I do appreciate the answers coz I learn new stuff about it. :hi:

It does appear a little bit longer on the DX where as the Yamato just slightly reshaped it on theirs but is ultimately the same overall length as the single seaters. Hasegawa’s kit looks the best but is untransformable.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Longer, not necessarily. It just always appears longer in lineart, as if the whole cockpit is longer. But then it all somehow telescopes and end up the same size when in Battroid mode as compared tela a single seater VF.

8 minutes ago, Dobber said:

It does appear a little bit longer on the DX where as the Yamato just slightly reshaped it on theirs but is ultimately the same overall length as the single seaters. Hasegawa’s kit looks the best but is untransformable.

Chris

Cool! Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. :drinks:

I am hoping for a set. I don't have the Hikaru 1J, and the price of the potential set will likely retail for less than the aftermarket price of the first release. And a set would have the GBP armor! Maybe the higher retail price of the set will slow down the sell out. That would be good for me. I was up for the Roy preorder, but it was sold out too fast for me :(

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They might just include a grey sticker in the GBP set and call it a day.

Or have a slip-on part, or a replacement head.

Bandai “should” be selling a seperate bundle set for the gbp, like the strike and supers. Hence a replacement head is the best solution.

The GBP set might cost as much as a regular DX vf-1, any bundling would be equivalent to price of 2 DX. Add scalper prices to that and...

unless of course bandai is using a bundle to push the price envelope.

I would prefer a bundled set a little more than a separate GBP. But not by much. I just want grey goggles.

Have they released two high dollar DX's athe same time yet? I don't think they have. That would lead me to wager that the GBP will not be bundled with a valk. If they do that the used Vf-1J market is going to go batcrap crazy though. I'm glad I have three.:p

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I would prefer a bundled set a little more than a separate GBP. But not by much. I just want grey goggles.

Have they released two high dollar DX's athe same time yet? I don't think they have. That would lead me to wager that the GBP will not be bundled with a valk. If they do that the used Vf-1J market is going to go batcrap crazy though. I'm glad I have three.:p

Well something to consider is if they do a lottery for one of them. That would suck. And my bet is it would be a GBP bundle.

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I dont recall bandai ever releasing 2 macross releases in the same month ever before, either. You have a valid point for a non bundled.

Haha the 1J special stand will have to be the wings for a batcrap crazy used VF-1J market.:p

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I dont recall bandai ever releasing 2 macross releases in the same month ever before, either. You have a valid point for a non bundled.

Haha the 1J special stand will have to be the wings for a batcrap crazy used VF-1J market.:p

If they do a re-release of the 1J with GBP, it will likely only have the grey-goggles, which means anyone who wants one with white would need an original release.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I’m really hoping for a bundle, like what happened with the HMR. Otherwise you’d have to be lucky enough to have an extra 1J lying around or have enough resources to pay even more than the already current insanely high prices for another one. I have exactly one and I’d like to keep it in fighter mode on the special stand, meaning I’ll need a second one for the GBP. Or I just pass on the GBP....