Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Bandai CEO - "Look another pre-order sold out in record time. They won't stop buying especially those desperate fools at Macrossworld."

Everybody at the dinner party:

BriskMeagerLadybug-size_restricted.gif

True story!

3 hours ago, crackpot said:

I think we were focused on the US state tax displayed on the actual page rather than the actual amount being charged. We can clearly see from @treatment's attempt with the Dancouga that the listed price for the item only went down by less than 1000 yen at check out without shipping when it should be at least down by 4500 yen bringing it to 40K something yen without shipping. He mistook the displayed price as it not having the Japan consumption tax when in fact it does and only gets deducted when checking out. The state tax is built in to the final item price. Well, so much for that. I bet though it won't stop people from preordering Macross stuff from Amazon Japan. Rule of law with Bandai pre-order madness nights: Get it wherever you can.

I didn't mistake it.

Your original assertions were:

13 hours ago, crackpot said:

For those in the US that ordered through Amazon Japan, you might get a little surprise with your Fockers... state sales tax. 

13 hours ago, crackpot said:

The amount will change on the final invoice once it's ready to ship. Some reports have come in from other forums with the recently released Sentinel Final Dancouga. Now, it may be AJ's mistake but we'll see.

You mentioned we might get a surpise about state sales-tax.

That's why I was looking if my (cali) "state sales tax" is being added as well in the final charge.

It wasn't...

15 minutes ago, treatment said:

I didn't mistake it.

Your original assertions were:

You mentioned we might get a surpise about state sales-tax.

That's why I was looking if my (cali) "state sales tax" is being added as well in the final charge.

It wasn't...

It is. Look at your own photos closely. It has been added to the final item price. The product page has it at 45,055 yen. That's a discounted price but includes the 10% Japanese consumption tax. Without that it should be only around over 40.5K yen. On your check out page it is 44,133 yen. Your California tax is included there but not disclosed.

In comparison to mine:

Screenshot_20201015-121758_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9fce5345092040ca14e12d2b8f5436e7.jpg

On checkout:

Screenshot_20201015-121819_Chrome.thumb.jpg.94224e8ec12db99a777db3ff82fb6d6b.jpg

My listed item price started higher than yours yet it ends up lower than your checkout price because my state sales tax rate is lower than California.

My point stands. It may not be present on the original preorder amount but when it ships out, it will be added to the final cost. So surprise!

Edited by crackpot

31 minutes ago, crackpot said:

It is. Look at your own photos closely. It has been added to the final item price. The product page has it at 45,055 yen. That's a discounted price but includes the 10% Japanese consumption tax. Without that it should be only around over 40.5K yen. On your check out page it is 44,133 yen. Your California tax is included there but not disclosed.

In comparison to mine:

Screenshot_20201015-121758_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9fce5345092040ca14e12d2b8f5436e7.jpg

On checkout:

Screenshot_20201015-121819_Chrome.thumb.jpg.94224e8ec12db99a777db3ff82fb6d6b.jpg

My listed item price started higher than yours yet it ends up lower than your checkout price because my state sales tax rate is lower than California.

My point stands. It may not be present on the original preorder amount but when it ships out, it will be added to the final cost. So surprise!

The math doesn't quite add up.  The pricing went up a bit today, too.

Nevertheless, my cali state-tax is 7.75%.

Sentinel msrp is 45000y  without the tokyo-tax

amzon-japan msrp+tokyotax = 49500y

amzon 9% discount pricing as of last nite = 45005y

the final charge for me was at 44,133y as of last night..

edit:

redid the math and gotten close:

45000y (sentinel msrp) - 9% amzn-discount = 40950y

40950y + cali 7.75% = 44124y.

Edited by treatment

9 minutes ago, treatment said:

amzon 9% discount pricing as of last nite = 45005y

9% discounted price with 10% Japanese sales tax included.

I think you should refer to @F360's post for a better explanation. Seems California online sales tax factors in which city you reside as well. 

We gotta know the actual price without the 10% JP tax that Amazon JP offered at that time to really compute this properly. It's not as simple as deducting 10% from the listed price similar to how computing for Paypal fees work.

Either way, US online sales tax is being implemented and is here to stay.

13 minutes ago, treatment said:

We can hope that our pre-October PO pricings from AmJP gets grandfathered in.

It would be interesting for shops like Ami and Manda since they already do add the tokyo-tax on their item-listings...

@anubis20's Dancouga was a pre-order and had the tax added for the final charge. 

I doubt this will apply to other JP stores as long as they don't have a nexus here in the US. Amazon JP is still under Amazon US so that's why we have this situation. 

7 hours ago, crackpot said:

Bandai CEO - "Look another pre-order sold out in record time. They won't stop buying especially those desperate fools at Macrossworld."

Everybody at the dinner party:

BriskMeagerLadybug-size_restricted.gif

Bandai CEO: "At least half the people at Macrossworld were able to get in a PO. Time to reduce production."

Just to add fuel to the fire, I heard that the State tax may be added to the item price directly just like the local Japanese tax that is part of the price for local residents. 

So as some have said in this thread, the price used to drop by the 10% local tax when a foreign buyer added the item to their cart, but now if your State has an online purchase tax it replaces the local Japanese tax in the purchase price and does not show up as a separate line item in the invoice. It’s buried in the purchase price itself. So the price does not drop by 10% like it used to. 

Now I’m in Canada so I’ve always had to pay import tax on Amazon Japan. But the Canadian taxes show up as Import Fees on the invoice so at least it’s obvious what I’m paying. 13% in my case. 

Another oddity is that for some reason in the last year or so Amazon Japan have been refunding 100% of my import taxes about a month after delivery. I have no idea why but it was awesome. I noticed on my last purchase that it’s been way over a month and I was not refunded my import taxes this time. So something has changed. They may have had a glitch and fixed it. 

sigh...

It has been a month and a half since I first received an email from Nippon-Yasan saying that my DX Chogokin VF-1 Super Parts pre-order from June 2019 was finally being processed.....  and I am still waiting for them to finish "processing".

<sarcasm> YAY Nippon-Yasan </sarcasm>

18 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

sigh...

It has been a month and a half since I first received an email from Nippon-Yasan saying that my DX Chogokin VF-1 Super Parts pre-order from June 2019 was finally being processed.....  and I am still waiting for them to finish "processing".

Sounds about right. We have a fun thread commiserating on it.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:57 AM, Paco Grande said:

So as some have said in this thread, the price used to drop by the 10% local tax when a foreign buyer added the item to their cart, but now if your State has an online purchase tax it replaces the local Japanese tax in the purchase price and does not show up as a separate line item in the invoice. It’s buried in the purchase price itself. So the price does not drop by 10% like it used to. 

I see local state tax being added to my invoice. :( I guess tax free purchases really don't exist anymore.....first amazon US, then eBay, then amazon JP. 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

sigh...

Did you order more than one set? I'm asking because there appears to be a pattern where single set orders are sent out earlier. I received my super pack set many months ago and they also respond pretty fast to my tickets to change my shipping method. I also thought that their supplier didn't have enough units so NY has been telling people that they can't get the super parts anymore. So they should be giving you store credit. I don't agree with the store credit thing but that's what NY does, unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

Did you order more than one set? I'm asking because there appears to be a pattern where single set orders are sent out earlier. I received my super pack set many months ago and they also respond pretty fast to my tickets to change my shipping method. I also thought that their supplier didn't have enough units so NY has been telling people that they can't get the super parts anymore. So they should be giving you store credit. I don't agree with the store credit thing but that's what NY does, unfortunately. 

Just 1 set for me.

I received an email from Nippon Yasan yesterday telling me that my order of Fast Packs were being prepared to ship. Then late last night I received an email that they had shipped and are now in the hands of UPS. The number shows up in the "My UPS" app.  Now a delivery date is "pending" but that is to be expected since they just received it. All signs are pointing to them actually arriving in the not to distant future.  

Edited by Felix

4 hours ago, Felix said:

I received an email from Nippon Yasan yesterday telling me that my order of Fast Packs were being prepared to ship. Then late last night I received an email that they had shipped and are now in the hands of UPS. The number shows up in the "My UPS" app.  Now a delivery date is "pending" but that is to be expected since they just received it. All signs are pointing to them actually arriving in the not to distant future.  

When was your order initially placed?

15 minutes ago, bleecher said:

When was your order initially placed?

It was placed on June 8th of 2019, so quite a long time ago. I think that is the day they went up for pre-order. 

Edited by Felix

7 hours ago, manfred17 said:

I also pre ordered SSP from NY on june 2019. Still no news from them after opening several tickets and asking help from their live chat. It is a mess... I will not add more comment because this is out of topic.

They have been cancelled by the supplier so NY will not be able to honor those orders. Send them a cancellation request.