Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

24 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Any advice on getting this tab to insert, don't wanna break this thing.

IMG_0593.thumb.JPG.b803c0d3db35b1854d9fc8b9a7ae25ea.JPG

I have never had an issue with this, maybe try re-extending the leg, then re-collapsing it? Then just gently guide it in. I wouldn't be too worried, that's a pretty beefy tab!

1 minute ago, crackpot said:

For those in the US that ordered through Amazon Japan, you might get a little surprise with your Fockers... state sales tax. 

Unlikely, haven't ever paid state sales tax on Amazon Japan before, and Amazon Japan is separate from US Amazon.

Companies are only obligated to collect state sales tax when they have a physical presence in the state.

My invoice shows no sales tax, only item and shipping charges.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Unlikely, haven't ever paid state sales tax on Amazon Japan before, and Amazon Japan is separate from US Amazon.

Companies are only obligated to collect state sales tax when they have a physical presence in the state.

My invoice shows no sales tax, only item and shipping charges.

The amount will change on the final invoice once it's ready to ship. Some reports have come in from other forums with the recently released Sentinel Final Dancouga. Now, it may be AJ's mistake but we'll see.

9 minutes ago, crackpot said:

The amount will change on the final invoice once it's ready to ship. Some reports have come in from other forums with the recently released Sentinel Final Dancouga. Now, it may be AJ's mistake but we'll see.

Which other forum(s)?

You may want to be more specific about that.

Edited by treatment

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Tfw2005 and RobotJapan. 

Anubis mentioned he got charge with "tax" in the TFW-thread, but I'm not sure which tax (tokyo or his US state).  Maybe he can clear it up here.

The one on RJ kinda doesn't make sense when adding tokyo-tax, but I don't know bleah's state-tax.

add/edit:

just for kicks, i tried orderin Sentinal Final Dancouga just now:

item-page:

image.thumb.png.01baf5822355ec3f44a2a9107d230ba2.png

final order-confirmation page:

amjp-order-final-amount-to-us.thumb.png.8a5cece721da1e6676d631a10d10ba7a.png

The amount would be around 47.5k yen if they're charging Cali taxes or possibly 48.5k yen or so with TokyoTax. 

Instead of that 44.1k-yen listed on that final order-page.

Minus that relatively humongous DHL fee, of course...

Edited by treatment

30 minutes ago, treatment said:

Anubis mentioned he got charge with "tax" in the TFW-thread, but I'm not sure which tax (tokyo or his US state).  Maybe he can clear it up here.

The one on RJ kinda doesn't make sense when adding tokyo-tax, but I don't know bleah's state-tax.

add/edit:

just for kicks, i tried orderin Sentinal Final Dancouga just now:

item-page:

image.thumb.png.01baf5822355ec3f44a2a9107d230ba2.png

final order-confirmation page:

image.thumb.png.e3352ef26b036f45c1631d63294b777c.png

The amount would be around 47.5k yen if they're charging Cali taxes or possibly 48.5k yen or so with TokyoTax. 

Instead of that 44.1k-yen listed on that final order-page.

Minus that relatively humongous DHL fee, of course...

Could it be a mistake on Amazon Japan's part then that tax was charged? I clicked on the "learn more" link below the quoted amount and there is a disclosure that imports going to the US may have local taxes applied. 

8 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Could it be a mistake on Amazon Japan's part then that tax was charged? I clicked on the "learn more" link below the quoted amount and there is a disclosure that imports going to the US may have local taxes applied. 

Prolly just standard disclaimer stuff that we've been ignoring and stuff.

I think you will indeed get some import-tax if you exceed some dollar-amount threshold.   

Used to be any imports costing above US$200 or so back in the day (at least 10-20 yrs ago), but I think they upped that threshold-amount to US$800 or something.

12 minutes ago, treatment said:

Prolly just standard disclaimer stuff that we've been ignoring and stuff.

I think you will indeed get some import-tax if you exceed some dollar-amount threshold.   

Used to be any imports costing above US$200 or so back in the day (at least 10-20 yrs ago), but I think they upped that threshold-amount to US$800 or something.

It is anything above $800 for import tax. Either way, we'll find out and hopefully it's just a mistake. 

Just because one item made by a different company and a different franchise got charged tax doesn’t mean every other item will get charged. Also doesn’t mean it won’t. That’s not how logic works. But logically, every order I’ve made from AJ including several recent shipments did not get taxed so imo, it’s more likely I won’t get taxed on other similar orders. Now, I did hear something about AJ possibly starting to charge tax to US orders at some point but don’t know all the details of where that info came from. If it does happen, I would expect that it wouldn’t apply to existing orders and only on orders after an official announcement. 

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just because one item made by a different company and a different franchise got charged tax doesn’t mean every other item will get charged. Also doesn’t mean it won’t. That’s not how logic works. But logically, every order I’ve made from AJ including several recent shipments did not get taxed so imo, it’s more likely I won’t get taxed on other similar orders. Now, I did hear something about AJ possibly starting to charge tax to US orders at some point but don’t know all the details of where that info came from. If it does happen, I would expect that it wouldn’t apply to existing orders and only on orders after an official announcement. 

How recent was your last shipped order from AJ? Do you have anything coming in before Focker next month? I'd agree that it shouldn't apply to items ordered before an official announcement but it happened to the pre-ordered items mentioned. Wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, crackpot said:

How recent was your last shipped order from AJ? Do you have anything coming in before Focker next month? I'd agree that it shouldn't apply to items ordered before an official announcement but it happened to the pre-ordered items mentioned. Wait and see. 

I’ve had a couple orders come in within a week or two. I just tried placing a few orders and none of them showed any tax charge. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I’ve had a couple orders come in within a week or two. I just tried placing a few orders and none of them showed any tax charge. 

If you're in a state that does charge online sales tax, do you mind checking the invoice 1 on the desktop site for your most recent order? I believe that's where it can be found.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I’m in CA, checked all my recently received items, existing preorders and put items in checkout and none have tax charges. 

Probably a mistake then or something inconsistent as was mentioned. It's not gonna show up on unshipped preorders though because they don't have the invoice 1 (final invoice) yet. That invoice generates only for something that has shipped. 

14 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Probably a mistake then or something inconsistent as was mentioned. It's not gonna show up on unshipped preorders though because they don't have the invoice 1 (final invoice) yet. That invoice generates only for something that has shipped. 

Good to know and either way I’ll be on the lookout for any charges now. 

20 minutes ago, crackpot said:

hmmm.

here was my last amz-jp order...

ordered 9/29:

image.thumb.png.4b067b1f4154c1759f36240d7781818b.png

final receipt of shipped and charged 9/30

image.thumb.png.9200e0129e9dcff1f25a9b756d0564d3.png

8 minutes ago, treatment said:

hmmm.

here was my last amz-jp order...

ordered 9/29:

image.thumb.png.4b067b1f4154c1759f36240d7781818b.png

final receipt of shipped and charged 9/30

image.thumb.png.9200e0129e9dcff1f25a9b756d0564d3.png

There's invoice and invoice 1. The last image is invoice. Invoice 1 shows the complete breakdown. Right now, it's anybody's guess on what happened. We'll just have to be on the lookout as @Slave IVsaid. 

5 minutes ago, crackpot said:

There's invoice and invoice 1. The last image is invoice. Invoice 1 shows the complete breakdown. Right now, it's anybody's guess on what happened. We'll just have to be on the lookout as @Slave IVsaid. 

errr, not sure exactly what you're really looking for.

the first pic was the email-confirmation of when I ordered it.

the second pic was when they actually shipped it out and my card got charged.

Like just a day later.

---

Let's try it with one of my po's.

here's another order of mine that hasn't shipped out since it's a december-release:

when I placed the order back in May/20:

image.thumb.png.473e45c38b0ac52b8a9853551302a257.png

Here's the current non-final invoice as of right now (oct-14/20):

image.thumb.png.1fd4e47ecb37d40969c265b52bc8f26f.png

Guess they'll surprised me if Ayu ships out more expensively when received in December?

From what i read on robot Japan forum was that the increase in price was first noticed when amazon did a authorizing charge on the creditcard when they were preparing the item for shipment and the invoice and order at the time were still showing the the no tax Total.

but once it was shipped out , the invoice was over changed with the sales tax added it.    

Member  chat with amazon.jp on why the difference and they were not really sure but did mention it could be tax related.  

Looking at pass shipped items is probably not a good indication since no one seems to have this tax charge before .  But this can be the new change moving forward. :angry:  .  Just need to double check the next Amazon jp shipment .   That would most likely be the Dx vf-1 Roy for most of us.   Getting Charge state sales tax for international order will suck for sure .....:(

My most recent item from amazon.jp was the MB blue Frame revise and it was 1 week before the release of  sentinel dancouga.  No Japan tax , no state tax .  Just like before .

But many things can change in a week , or that Amazon might have already planned this a while back and decided to turn the switch on now .  

I guess we will find out in November. 

Hi everybody,

i don't know where can i ask about this problem.

Does anyone use to face this and which choice you select?

i ordered super part movie edition for VF-1 and nippon yasan reply me like this after waiting  for more than 1.5 year.

----------------------------------

Thank you for your message

Sir , i regret to inform you even if you change the shipping method (because we cannot ship by SAL) we won't be able to honor your order.

Our supplier cancelled our stock for this product. We tried to find with another supplier this product, but it takes a lot of time (months) and even that we are able to tell you if at the end we will be able to ship your order.

We are terrible sorry for the inconvenience, here the option we can offer you:
- refund your order by store credit (time to make a proper refund has been expired)
- if there are something on the website, make an exception and switch the product (prices have to be equivalent)
- keep the order but we do not know when it will be ship , change now or after the shipping method.

Come back to us, new ticket: Super parts.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

ok, this tax think is making me jump back on my desk to take a closer look.   And the future looks pretty grim :vava:

The price of the Sentinel Final Dancuga is listed at ¥45,055  (this is the price with the 10% japanese tax)

(before ,,,if you add this to your cart for international orders they will take 10% off  making the item prices at 40549 yen)

Now,  when you add this to your cart the new price is 44,441 yen.  which is only 614 yen off , that is only around 1.3 % off.:unsure:    (shipping to san Francisco 8.5% sales tax)

If you change shipping address to a city with different sales tax the new amazon price will change too.  44,750 yen (shipping to Daly City 9.2 % sales tax)

So looking at that, it like Amazon is taking the japanese 10% tax off and then add in the state city sales tax of where its shipping to.:(

25 minutes ago, F360 said:

ok, this tax think is making me jump back on my desk to take a closer look.   And the future looks pretty grim :vava:

The price of the Sentinel Final Dancuga is listed at ¥45,055  (this is the price with the 10% japanese tax)

(before ,,,if you add this to your cart for international orders they will take 10% off  making the item prices at 40549 yen)

Now,  when you add this to your cart the new price is 44,441 yen.  which is only 614 yen off , that is only around 1.3 % off.:unsure:    (shipping to san Francisco 8.5% sales tax)

If you change shipping address to a city with different sales tax the new amazon price will change too.  44,750 yen (shipping to Daly City 9.2 % sales tax)

So looking at that, it like Amazon is taking the japanese 10% tax off and then add in the state city sales tax of where its shipping to.:(

Ah, that would explain why I'm not noticing it.

Just checked, one item went from ÂĄ11,380 to ÂĄ10,345 (ÂĄ1035 reduction, 10%). This is a 3rd party sold item.

Another went from ÂĄ7978 to ÂĄ7924, or going from 10% to 9.25% tax. This is a pre-order sold by AJ.

So it seems that they are including sales tax directly in the item price, but only for items sold by AJ directly.

The above are not existing orders, they're prices of things in my cart after setting a Cali shipping address.

Well, I guess at least Mandarake/Jungle/HLJ/CDJ/AmiAmi/HS still don't charge tax.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ah, that would explain why I'm not noticing it.

Just checked, one item went from ÂĄ11,380 to ÂĄ10,345 (ÂĄ1035 reduction, 10%). This is a 3rd party sold item.

Another went from ÂĄ7978 to ÂĄ7924, or going from 10% to 9.25% tax. This is a pre-order sold by AJ.

So it seems that they are including sales tax directly in the item price, but only for items sold by AJ directly.

The above are not existing orders, they're prices of things in my cart after setting a Cali shipping address.

Well, I guess at least Mandarake/Jungle/HLJ/CDJ/AmiAmi/HS still don't charge tax.

I think we were focused on the US state tax displayed on the actual page rather than the actual amount being charged. We can clearly see from @treatment's attempt with the Dancouga that the listed price for the item only went down by less than 1000 yen at check out without shipping when it should be at least down by 4500 yen bringing it to 40K something yen without shipping. He mistook the displayed price as it not having the Japan consumption tax when in fact it does and only gets deducted when checking out. The state tax is built in to the final item price. Well, so much for that. I bet though it won't stop people from preordering Macross stuff from Amazon Japan. Rule of law with Bandai pre-order madness nights: Get it wherever you can.

A scene from a dinner party with the rich and politicians.

Politician(s) - "We need to squeeze more money out of the people"

Bezos - "We can start charging tax for international orders. It's not like the plebs are going to stop buying. Will that help?"

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

A scene from a dinner party with the rich and politicians.

Politician(s) - "We need to squeeze more money out of the people"

Bezos - "We can start charging tax for international orders. It's not like the plebs are going to stop buying. Will that help?"

Bandai CEO - "Look another pre-order sold out in record time. They won't stop buying especially those desperate fools at Macrossworld."

Everybody at the dinner party:

BriskMeagerLadybug-size_restricted.gif

Edited by crackpot