Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

The flightpose stand seems to offer a great displaying option, but I’m a bit hesitant to purchase because I read somewhere on the forum that those rubber heads will react & eat into paint and bare plastic surface over time. Granted DX Valks aren’t painted at least where the support points will be in fighter mode, but with all the bells and whistles equipped I assume it could be quite hefty exerting quite a bit of pressure against those rubber bumpers. I have seen what weight, heat, combined with time does to the mating surface between plastic and some rubber- it gets all sticky and gummy. Any advice or experience please, thanks!

I never heard anything about them reacting with bare plastic so now you have me worried because I only use mine on bare plastic parts or I put some clear tape over the ends. But that is my advice, put some tape over them. Only problem with that is the tape is more slippery than the rubber so it makes the stand even less stable. I wonder if museum tack would work? For some reason I feel like a sticky clay substance would be much worse. 

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I never heard anything about them reacting with bare plastic so now you have me worried because I only use mine on bare plastic parts or I put some clear tape over the ends. But that is my advice, put some tape over them. Only problem with that is the tape is more slippery than the rubber so it makes the stand even less stable. I wonder if museum tack would work? For some reason I feel like a sticky clay substance would be much worse. 

Slave IV I didn’t mean to worry you, just that in my reading there has been instances where a bad batch of rubber chemically unstable was used for the bumpers that resulted in the unwanted reaction. Regardless, I can not afford to risk it, don’t want any surprises thus my inquiry. I did think of using some tape over it if I was to buy the Flightpose stand..

30 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That's pretty crappy. A store credit, at most, should only be given when returning something, not when the store cancels an order which is no fault of your own. They didn't make good on the order, they should be refunding you.

Edit:

I would try getting someone on their live chat and see if they can make it right. A store credit in this situation just isn't acceptable.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I gave it a try and here's what I got from their "live" chat:

I'm sorry but we only have access to basic information here in chat support. We can look up order statuses and help you with certain questions, for anything else you'd need to create a ticket.

Nippon-Yasan... the gift that keeps on giving...

8 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Slave IV I didn’t mean to worry you, just that in my reading there has been instances where a bad batch of rubber chemically unstable was used for the bumpers that resulted in the unwanted reaction. Regardless, I can not afford to risk it, don’t want any surprises thus my inquiry. I did think of using some tape over it if I was to buy the Flightpose stand..

All good. But yeah, basically just use whatever you can to separate direct contact with the stand tips and you should be good. 

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

The flightpose stand seems to offer a great displaying option, but I’m a bit hesitant to purchase because I read somewhere on the forum that those rubber heads will react & eat into paint and bare plastic surface over time. Granted DX Valks aren’t painted at least where the support points will be in fighter mode, but with all the bells and whistles equipped I assume it could be quite hefty exerting quite a bit of pressure against those rubber bumpers. I have seen what weight, heat, combined with time does to the mating surface between plastic and some rubber- it gets all sticky and gummy. Any advice or experience please, thanks!

I have 2 earlier generation FlightPose stands and one did react with the paint from a Yamato 1/48 Hikaru.  There's a paint smudge to remind me.  I've since had the same 1/48 Yamato VF-1J Hikaru and an Arcadia YF-19 displayed using the same problematic FlightPose stands but directly contacting the plastic instead of any painted parts or tampos and after about 5 years inside the cabinet, I personally didn't experience any impact on the plastic.  When posing the 1/48 DX Strike, I was careful to avoid contacting any painted or tampo printed parts.  I also have a Transformers FanToys Cyclonus on a FlightPose stand but since it's contacting painted parts directly, I used scotch tape as a barrier just in case.  That's my personal experience.  Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, dafob said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I gave it a try and here's what I got from their "live" chat:

I'm sorry but we only have access to basic information here in chat support. We can look up order statuses and help you with certain questions, for anything else you'd need to create a ticket.

Nippon-Yasan... the gift that keeps on giving...

Wow... that's the most useless live support ever. They probably just couldn't be bothered. For order statuses, they'd probably just tell you exactly what you could already see on the website. Sorry...

2 hours ago, dafob said:

This was my first (and LAST!) time I ordered anything from NY so I don't know if it's "normal" for them to cancel your order and give you store credit instead of issuing a refund.  I'm even skeptical that they'll send one (of the two) sets I ordered, as stated in their email above.  Stupid me paid with my PP balance instead of using a credit card and I'm waaaay past the 6 month period with no recourse.  It seems anyone that "upgraded" their shipping got their sets while anyone who chose the Ferry option are SOL.   

An expensive lesson, for sure.  I sure hope some of you guys have better luck than I did.

Head on to the NY thread to read my experience. They will probably send out that 1 order but after you nudge them using live chat. Your other orders are shat out of luck.

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I've used the FP stands for years now and really haven't had any issues. Have had the odd rubber end cap stick to the surface of the Valkyrie but no paint ever got damaged or discoloured. I know other people have had issues but I have always made an effort to keep my Valks displayed in a cooler or more controlled climate. Maybe high heat would cause them to react with what ever surface they are supporting but as I said I haven't had the problem. I still have Valks on them now and they aren't new stands either.

6 hours ago, F360 said:

probably that's the default UPS route to your location...  Delay in china?  probably not the flood but instead the flights full and bumped for next flight. :unsure:

My correction it's now been 5 days in China.. if that's the case then it's been bumped multiple times. Not sure why UPS uses this route if this is the result.. 

7 hours ago, Angesdad said:

The newest version of the Flightpose stand doesn't have the black rubber heads that caused so many problems. The manufacturer switched to clear ones. Haven't had any issues with those over the past two years.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:14 AM, RedComet said:

Guessing you don't display Valks in Battroid mode :p

Correct. 

On 9/17/2020 at 5:10 AM, sqidd said:

What's the story with the silver wall coloring?

On 9/17/2020 at 11:29 PM, Lolicon said:

He lives on the ISS. 

The right answer. 

Some other stuff. 

A4945AF0-81DF-4557-BE8C-797C8400CF3D.jpeg

CED4932B-8308-45D9-B821-4523C2830732.jpeg

9D54D137-0670-4B14-92C5-0F68B2AF5764.jpeg

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Aright....

Who is the lucky bastard that got the DX VF-1a Max from Amiami??

http:// www.amiami.com/eng/detail/gcode=FIGURE-047859-R (as it's not listed anymore)

Proof: From Camera phone 

20200923_000008.jpg

I think I saw this VF-1A Max from Amiami when it was still available for purchase, but it was about a week ago.  I didn't get it as I don't need another.  The item condition was B and box B.  The price was ~23000 yen.  It didn't last long from what I remember.  I left the computer for a few minutes and came back and the page was already gone when I refreshed.

Edited by vf1
Add more info

1 minute ago, mantisfists said:

Anybody know if it's possible to combine shipping on Mandarake if you purchase multiple items?

Yes, I've done that.  When you add to order, if it is from the same branch, they will combine shipping.  Before you pay, if you purchase multiple items from the same branch from different orders, you can also request that they ship in a single box, but you need to email them with the details and request a new invoice for combined shipping.

11 minutes ago, vf1 said:

Yes, I've done that.  When you add to order, if it is from the same branch, they will combine shipping.  Before you pay, if you purchase multiple items from the same branch from different orders, you can also request that they ship in a single box, but you need to email them with the details and request a new invoice for combined shipping.

Right on.  Thanks!

If you want to combine shipping with an existing Mandarake order, when you reach the comments field on the second to last page during checkout, just put in "Please combine shipping with order ID [existing order number]" and they'll do it and send you an updated invoice with everything in one box, no fuss.

As said earlier, you can only do this if the orders are at the same physical store.

592535928_combinedshipping.jpg.e66b87802b82ca2bfb7c1d0ea7206f57.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan Molina said:

new pose

58fc842b-ae42-48ab-bd23-61f4839929df.jpe

Can you get it like this with the support arm supported by the knee. And the back leg in further? I've been thinking about doing this on my DYRL shelf. Failed miserably with a Yamato. Haven't tried a DX yet.

2000x1333_q95.jpg

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Can you get it like this with the support arm supported by the knee. And the back leg in further? I've been thinking about doing this on my DYRL shelf. Failed miserably with a Yamato. Haven't tried a DX yet.

2000x1333_q95.jpg

Gave it a try with Max, with TV hands and gunpod not extended 

20200923_144519~2.jpg

6 minutes ago, vf1 said:

Gave it a try with Max, with TV hands and gunpod not extended 

20200923_144519~2.jpg

Not horrible. Not fantastic. It doesn't come off as a stable shooting platform (ignoring the fact that the Valk itself is s stable shooting platform standing on it's head). I didn't think of the wings coming out to clear. That's a little goofy looking.

Please don't take this as me dumping on you. You only have so much to work with there.:good:

Thanks for posting.

Edited by sqidd

19 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Not horrible. Not fantastic. It doesn't come off as a stable shooting platform (ignoring the fact that the Valk itself is s stable shooting platform standing on it's head). I didn't think of the wings coming out to clear. That's a little goofy looking.

Please don't take this as me dumping on you. You only have so much to work with there.:good:

Thanks for posting.

I totally agree it's a bit goofy looking, so no worries : P   I've been trying to get Max in a more dynamic shooting pose so was happy to try.  In addition to the wings being in the way, it's hard to mimic a kneeling pose accurately because the lower legs are so long and upper leg is so short.

With all the targeting systems that the VFs have, you'd think that bringing a firearm all the way up to the head of a 40ft robot, all to bring iron sights to the "eye" of said robot would be unnecessary.  In fact, you'd think it'd be more efficient to have a camera mounted directly on the firearm itself, so that you could see exactly where it was aiming, even if firing behind you without "looking".  Besides, just look at how sharp the buttstock is on that gunpod.  Wouldn't it cut into his shoulder and hurt like hell if he fired it like that? :p

Edited by mantisfists

5 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

With all the targeting systems that the VFs have, you'd think that bringing a firearm all the way up to the head of a 40ft robot, all to bring iron sights to the "eye" of said robot would be unnecessary.  In fact, you'd think it'd be more efficient to have a camera mounted directly on the firearm itself, so that you could see exactly where it was aiming, even if firing behind you without "looking".  Besides, just look at how sharp the buttstock is on that gunpod.  Wouldn't it cut into his shoulder and hurt like hell if he fired it like that? :p

Gundam shenanigans...

52 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Received my first missle set from NY today. Via ferry took 9 weeks.

the only question I have is why the F*** do I gotta pay for missle set when I’m paying more for the valk to begin with! 
wat a rip off!

9BD6B0E4-40AE-4101-800A-AF52E6873E3B.jpeg

Biggest reason why I am sticking to the V.2 Yamato's/Arcadias and my keeping my old 1/48's.