Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, I'm irritated with them as much as the next guy, but we seem to delve into that fiasco pretty often.

I really do wish we could get some new news about Bandai's plans for the VF-1 though; right now the only thing on a ton of minds is that they're finding out their strike parts are never arriving. :huh: 

I can't remember. Is there traditionally a fall release slot? Is it possible we will see one more VF-1 release before the end of the year?

So I was rewatching DYRL yesterday and noticed something I hadn't before. Right after Hikaru slaps (some sense into?) Minmei who should show up outside the window but apparently Zombie Kakizaki, complete with skull squadron marks on his Super Parts. He is then shot down moments later.

This makes me wonder though, is Kaki in pretty much DYRL CF coloring? How would you go about making a DYRL CF Valk?

2016143482_ScreenShot2020-09-20at5_46_52PM.png.48b23be42ad43afc1af1cb668bf3e2f9.png

2 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So I was rewatching DYRL yesterday and noticed something I hadn't before. Right after Hikaru slaps (some sense into?) Minmei who should show up outside the window but apparently Zombie Kakizaki, complete with skull squadron marks on his Super Parts. He is then shot down moments later.

This makes me wonder though, is Kaki in pretty much DYRL CF coloring? How would you go about making a DYRL CF Valk?

So got killed TWICE!?!?! Poor sod.:p

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The VF-1 is nice and all, but if Bandai really wants to wow, bring on the 1/48 VF-25 they teased long ago!

1/48 VF-25? This is the first I have heard of that! That would be so ideal and sooooooo expensive, like aftermarket VF-0D expensive. Would love to see more info on that.

Twich

PS-wonder if they will reissue a VF-1J Hikaru

Edited by twich

28 minutes ago, twich said:

1/48 VF-25? This is the first I have heard of that! That would be so ideal and sooooooo expensive, like aftermarket VF-0D expensive. Would love to see more info on that.

Twich

PS-wonder if they will reissue a VF-1J Hikaru

Did a quick Google on it. Looks like it was a model kit that was teased. Make it a DX on par with the Arcadia 0D and I'll gladly drop some Yukichi's on it! 

https://news.toyark.com/2009/05/13/new-macross-frontier-148-vf-25-other-models-announced-1271

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

:mellow:

Roy's unit is coming out at the end of November so I wouldn't expect the next release until early 2021 at least. Will it be DYRL Max? TV Kakizaki? The suspense! :unknw:

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Did a quick Google on it. Looks like it was a model kit that was teased. Make it a DX on par with the Arcadia 0D and I'll gladly drop some Yukichi's on it! 

https://news.toyark.com/2009/05/13/new-macross-frontier-148-vf-25-other-models-announced-1271

Roy's unit is coming out at the end of November so I wouldn't expect the next release until early 2021 at least. Will it be DYRL Max? TV Kakizaki? The suspense! :unknw:

Hopefully we'll find out what's next at the Tamashii Nations event in early November

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Hopefully we'll find out what's next at the Tamashii Nations event in early November

My money is on DYRL VF-1A Max

11 hours ago, mantisfists said:

1 hour ago, peter said:

Gone :(

@peter - It was gone as of 9:30am PST.  Any listings of Kakizaki on Manda goes very quick and you can't snooze on it. Blink and you will miss.

44 minutes ago, spanner said:

NY finally did ship out my Kakizaki but it has since been stuck in Shenzhen China for 3 days now. UPS shipment has been delayed.. the very same situation as my Zero-D. :unknw:

probably that's the default UPS route to your location...  Delay in china?  probably not the flood but instead the flights full and bumped for next flight. :unsure:

Expect any Kakizaki listed on Mandarake to be snatched up almost immediately for the next few weeks at least. It's how it's always been immediately after a DX release. Once the demand has been sated I expect them to linger a bit longer. 

Though I'm curious if so many people wanted a Kakizaki why they didn't just order it during the very long preorder period. It's not like they had a 30 second preorder window like the others. 

26 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Though I'm curious if so many people wanted a Kakizaki why they didn't just order it during the very long preorder period. It's not like they had a 30 second preorder window like the others. 

I didn't know I wanted one until @tekering tricked me into getting one with his dirt dirty pictures.:shok:

31 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Expect any Kakizaki listed on Mandarake to be snatched up almost immediately for the next few weeks at least. It's how it's always been immediately after a DX release. Once the demand has been sated I expect them to linger a bit longer. 

Yeah, and if you lived in Japan it was easy, but most Proxy services maxed out pretty quickly. When I couldn't get one I convinced myself I didn't want one :rolleyes: but then when people actually got theirs I couldn't cry "sour grapes" anymore and took the plunge.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Yeah, and if you lived in Japan it was easy, but most Proxy services maxed out pretty quickly. When I couldn't get one I convinced myself I didn't want one :rolleyes: but then when people actually got theirs I couldn't cry "sour grapes" anymore and took the plunge.

I wanted to go the proxy route, but all of the trustworthy options were maxed out pretty fast. I could have tried one of the lesser-known options, but I didn't feel like gambling. Figured it would be cheaper and safer to just pick one up after release at a markup than potentially lose $200 and then still have to pick one up after release at a markup.

The window isn't 30 seconds, but it's now usually no more than a few hours. It's almost worse than a regular PO because you submit a request and then have to wait for the proxy to respond, after which you send payment (if they don't have questions for you) and they attempt to place the order. While that's happening, your other options are vanishing. Some proxies ask for payment info up front, which saves time, but it's still not ideal. Sure, you could submit multiple requests to multiple proxies simultaneously, but then you might end up with multiple orders. And that's if you manage to submit requests right after the PO window opens up...in the middle of the night. Personally, I can't stay up all night waiting for a proxy to get back to me.

Until about a year ago, ordering TWE items was relatively stress-free. Sadly, not anymore. :(

8 minutes ago, vf1 said:

Wow....one up during normal hours. Guess the price has started to creep up a bit, as well.  The one I posted this morning was gone within 3 minutes of the heads up.  They go REALLY fast sometimes, and sometimes, even when you think you've got it, you get an email saying the item was out of stock.  Happened to me when I'd bought a cheap (3k yen) VF17S for my daughter to mess around with (8 years old and loves Macross....*sniff*).

Edited by mantisfists

9 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Wow....one up during normal hours. Guess the price has started to creep up a bit, as well.  The one I posted this morning was gone within 3 minutes of the heads up.  They go REALLY fast sometimes, and sometimes, even when you think you've got it, you get an email saying the item was out of stock.  Happened to me when I'd bought a cheap (3k yen) VF17S for my daughter to mess around with (8 years old and loves Macross....*sniff*).

Yeah, that happened to me too on a DX VF-1J Hikaru.  Was so happy going back to sleep in the middle of the night thinking I was able to snag a loose one for a decent price, only to wake up and see that cancellation email...

3 minutes ago, vf1 said:

Yeah, that happened to me too on a DX VF-1J Hikaru.  Was so happy going back to sleep in the middle of the night thinking I was able to snag a loose one for a decent price, only to wake up and see that cancellation email...

Yeah, it's worse thinking you got it for a couple days while you wait for the payment email, only for them to tell you "Nope...someone else beat you to it."  At least they're not doing the NY thing and making you pay first, then keeping your money.  

Looks like that 1S didn't last long.

4 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Yeah, it's worse thinking you got it for a couple days while you wait for the payment email, only for them to tell you "Nope...someone else beat you to it."  At least they're not doing the NY thing and making you pay first, then keeping your money.  

Looks like that 1S didn't last long.

Wow.  At that price, I didn't expect it to go so quickly.  It does seem like it is slowly rising in price again.

I'm sorry to read about the horror stories about NY.  I have used them for years without issue.  I think my Arcadia YF-19 was from them at first release.  I have TV fast packs on pre-order from them as well that I already paid for.  Since I'm not expecting the TV fast packs to be as sought after as the DYRL ones, hopefully that order will be OK.

I know this has been posted to death but it's my turn now and venting on here somehow makes me feel just a tad bit better.  Misery loves company... :)

--------------------
Dear Customer

We regret to inform you but due to the cancellation of our stock for the Super Parts, we are not able to ship your order.
Since you have made several orders of the Super Parts, on all your orders we will honor the shipment of one of your orders.

All other orders will be canceled and a store credit will be sent to your account.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service
----------------------

This was my first (and LAST!) time I ordered anything from NY so I don't know if it's "normal" for them to cancel your order and give you store credit instead of issuing a refund.  I'm even skeptical that they'll send one (of the two) sets I ordered, as stated in their email above.  Stupid me paid with my PP balance instead of using a credit card and I'm waaaay past the 6 month period with no recourse.  It seems anyone that "upgraded" their shipping got their sets while anyone who chose the Ferry option are SOL.   

An expensive lesson, for sure.  I sure hope some of you guys have better luck than I did.

The flightpose stand seems to offer a great displaying option, but I’m a bit hesitant to purchase because I read somewhere on the forum that those rubber heads will react & eat into paint and bare plastic surface over time. Granted DX Valks aren’t painted at least where the support points will be in fighter mode, but with all the bells and whistles equipped I assume it could be quite hefty exerting quite a bit of pressure against those rubber bumpers. I have seen what weight, heat, combined with time does to the mating surface between plastic and some rubber- it gets all sticky and gummy. Any advice or experience please, thanks!

17 minutes ago, dafob said:

I know this has been posted to death but it's my turn now and venting on here somehow makes me feel just a tad bit better.  Misery loves company... :)

--------------------
Dear Customer

We regret to inform you but due to the cancellation of our stock for the Super Parts, we are not able to ship your order.
Since you have made several orders of the Super Parts, on all your orders we will honor the shipment of one of your orders.

All other orders will be canceled and a store credit will be sent to your account.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service
----------------------

This was my first (and LAST!) time I ordered anything from NY so I don't know if it's "normal" for them to cancel your order and give you store credit instead of issuing a refund.  I'm even skeptical that they'll send one (of the two) sets I ordered, as stated in their email above.  Stupid me paid with my PP balance instead of using a credit card and I'm waaaay past the 6 month period with no recourse.  It seems anyone that "upgraded" their shipping got their sets while anyone who chose the Ferry option are SOL.   

An expensive lesson, for sure.  I sure hope some of you guys have better luck than I did.

That's pretty crappy. A store credit, at most, should only be given when returning something, not when the store cancels an order which is no fault of your own. They didn't make good on the order, they should be refunding you.

Edit:

I would try getting someone on their live chat and see if they can make it right. A store credit in this situation just isn't acceptable.

Edited by MacrossJunkie