Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

It's a reverse Booby Duck. It has Hikaru's name on the cockpit still.;)

If that person wants proper name and rank decals, they should reach out to me, I have a few extra 8)

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

We're getting closer to the Roy 1S release, I can't wait. B))

if you REALLY couldn’t wait you would have a Roy (or 3) by now ;)

So I still don't have my strike parts from Nippon-Yasan - are others still waiting?

I opened up a help ticket in July, politely asking when they might be getting stock.  No response.

I asked again a month later

No response.

I checked back a few weeks later - they had marked the ticket as resolved.  Still no response.

I reopened it, asked why it was  resolved when it clearly wasn't. 

No response.

I check again a few weeks later.  It is marked as resolved again.  No response.

Paypal won't refund because it is outside their window.  I'm going to try to see if Visa will now.

Pretty pissed about this.  The only "good" thing is it was _only_ $100 strike pack instead of a several hundred dollar valkyrie.  Seriously - don't do business with them.

Edited by SpaceCowboy

2 hours ago, RedComet said:

If that person wants proper name and rank decals, they should reach out to me, I have a few extra 8)

I wonder where those decals came from :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy said:

So I still don't have my strike parts from Nippon-Yasan - are others still waiting?

I opened up a help ticket in July, politely asking when they might be getting stock.  No response.

No response.

I checked back a few weeks later - they had marked the ticket as resolved.  Still no response.

No response.

Paypal won't refund because it is outside their window.  I'm going to try to see if Visa will now.

Pretty pissed about this.  The only "good" thing is it was _only_ $100 strike pack instead of a several hundred dollar valkyrie.  Seriously - don't do business with them.

If you go back a few pages in this thread and start reading from there, you'll quickly see how big of a dumpster fire NY has become with respect to orders for Strike/Super Parts sets. In short, their recent responses to shipping requests have been to offer store credit because they don't have any sets on hand and don't anticipate receiving more. They're claiming that one of their suppliers fell through. Rather than saying that to everyone with open orders, you only find out if you contact them, which means they'd likely hang onto your money indefinitely if you weren't proactive. Another member defined that as theft. It sounds like you've tried contacting them several times and they still aren't responding, which is taking their already-terrible customer service to a new low. You should be able to get your money back from your card issuer, but NY will likely ban you after that and PayPal might not be too happy, either. I'm not discouraging you from going that route because I'd do exactly the same thing. It's why I always use a card through PayPal for long-lead-time preorders where I have to pay in advance. The additional protection helps when you end up outside PayPal's six-month window. Members are also reporting issues with NY store credit. You have to use the entire thing in one shot, so if you apply it to another purchase and there is money left over, you lose it. That could also be defined as theft.

2 hours ago, RedComet said:

True, but it wouldn't be the T.V. version of Roy's VF-1S, and for me, it's the only version of Roy's 1S that matters. (Pilot and all) ;)

Edited by Kyp Durron

5 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

No response.

No response.

They refunded me after I entirely forgot about it.

7 hours ago, RedComet said:

When I notice that the pilot name is still Hikaru, I have suggested to @xoxokin  that he should reach out to @Anasazi37, but he should take up your kind offer.

I just popped these guys out. First draft of a DYRL shelf. Getting a feel for what will and will not fit. I've got M&M Q-Rau's too. They're probably going to have to go on the M&M shelf. I don't see them working here without really jammin stuff in there (which isn't my nature). I feel like the back corners need something though. Or, another option is to put all of these in Battroid and V tem into the back corners. Then put a 1/60 VT and VE where the fighters are now. Yeah, wrong scale. May not be too egregious though with the 1/48's in Battroid and the Fighters in 1/60. I'm going to have to think about that.

Having played with these Yammies and DX's at the same time really shows the difference 20ish years makes. The DX's are just plan beefier in Battroid. Like, "Man, those DX's have been hitting the weights" beefier. IMO the nod goes to the DX's in Battroid. Fighter is a a toss up to slight advantage to the Yamato's.

There may be some @RedComet customs happening to replace those Yammies.:rolleyes:

I got a pretty good deal on those Yammies on Yahoo Auctions. All from the same seller.

DYRL.jpg.f2d76b3104bed799a9b54b7a85a3ca04.jpg

Yeah, I'm going through my CC now to get it refunded.  Don't really care if NY bans my account, they were already on thin ice with me after extremely long delays on previous orders.  I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt (MAYBE that was a one off and they really did try) especially after others here said they always came through, but I can't take the lack of response ( starting really politely, staying polite, then only starting to threaten after my claim was marked as "resolved" with no response from them)

I feel like we need three tiers of merchants
White List - Good to go - these are the ones you want to buy from (HLJ, AmiAmi, etc)
Grey List - Questionable.  They aren't actively trying to scam you, but they also can't gaurantee you will get what you paid for, and they might keep your money too.  I think NY goes here.  
Black List - Scammers, Avoid at all cost.

Essentially, I've realized that NY sort of operate as "pre-scalpers" if that makes any sense.  They will sell you product they don't have at a mark up, in the HOPES that they can find some source that is charging less than you paid them to acquire the item.  If they can't get it, well, they still have your money, so frakk you.

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Yeah, I'm going through my CC now to get it refunded.  Don't really care if NY bans my account, they were already on thin ice with me after extremely long delays on previous orders.  I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt (MAYBE that was a one off and they really did try) especially after others here said they always came through, but I can't take the lack of response ( starting really politely, staying polite, then only starting to threaten after my claim was marked as "resolved" with no response from them)

I feel like we need three tiers of merchants
White List - Good to go - these are the ones you want to buy from (HLJ, AmiAmi, etc)
Grey List - Questionable.  They aren't actively trying to scam you, but they also can't gaurantee you will get what you paid for, and they might keep your money too.  I think NY goes here.  

Essentially, I've realized that NY sort of operate as "pre-scalpers" if that makes any sense.  They will sell you product they don't have at a mark up, in the HOPES that they can find some source that is charging less than you paid them to acquire the item.  If they can't get it, well, they still have your money, so frakk you.

But they are so cheap, and they always come through...I've never had a problem with them so you should be happy about that and send them more money for literally nothing :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

How did NY become garbage? Years ago when I ordered from them, there were never any issues. When did all this start happening? 

Since the DX VF-31a Karios fiasco and it snowballed after that. This was the biggest event that made NY "The scum and villainy" here.

2yqtsx.jpg

Edit: Oh... @crackpot. Toss in your "Beetlejuice" NY memes here as well. ;)

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

How did NY become garbage? Years ago when I ordered from them, there were never any issues. When did all this start happening? 

I'm pretty sure they mess up the 1st batch of the Strike parts. (which they should have recovered from the 2nd batch) 

But, then the pandemic happened which mess up their special inbound routes from their supplier.

I'm working under the impression that N-Y have some kind of backdoor deals or special deals for TWE items from their suppliers.    But the pandemic made it impossible for their special supplier to make it happen. ..:ph34r: 

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

Just got my Missile set from NY .. Took 2 months, but I expected that as a chose ferry. Arrived alive. I am a little hesitant to order from them with all these horror stories. but they did get me my products.

At this point I'm just hoping to get a credit let alone a response from them so I can use it and be done with them for good. I mean if they can't even fill my Hi Metal VF-4 order, what is the possibility they will fill my DX order?!

On 9/20/2020 at 9:44 AM, SpaceCowboy said:

No response.

No response.

Resolving tickets without actually resolving it or at the very least contacting a customer is very shady. A no-no in the customer service world. If that ever happened at places i worked - heads would roll. Shameful of NY.

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

I just popped these guys out. First draft of a DYRL shelf. Getting a feel for what will and will not fit. I've got M&M Q-Rau's too. They're probably going to have to go on the M&M shelf. I don't see them working here without really jammin stuff in there (which isn't my nature). I feel like the back corners need something though. Or, another option is to put all of these in Battroid and V tem into the back corners. Then put a 1/60 VT and VE where the fighters are now. Yeah, wrong scale. May not be too egregious though with the 1/48's in Battroid and the Fighters in 1/60. I'm going to have to think about that.

Having played with these Yammies and DX's at the same time really shows the difference 20ish years makes. The DX's are just plan beefier in Battroid. Like, "Man, those DX's have been hitting the weights" beefier. IMO the nod goes to the DX's in Battroid. Fighter is a a toss up to slight advantage to the Yamato's.

There may be some @RedComet customs happening to replace those Yammies.:rolleyes:

I got a pretty good deal on those Yammies on Yahoo Auctions. All from the same seller.

DYRL.jpg.f2d76b3104bed799a9b54b7a85a3ca04.jpg

I would like to Ctrl C your Skull squadron shelf and Ctrl V into my dinky detolf...Amazing collection sqidd:p

4 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Grey list?   I think they're all black.  They're refusing refund and instead giving store credit.  Apply that credit on something else you'll be over paying since they over charge.  Find something to order that's under the value of that credit they'll be keep the difference.  Find something to order that's over the value of that credit and you're giving them even more money with no idea with they even send the new item out.  Can't send the higher price item to you?  They'll convert that extra money to more store credit.   They'll come out making more money off you no matter what.   Keeping your money makes them thieves.

I'm amazed they didn't at least try to tell people that they're going to give extra store credit on top what they paid for the inconvenience.  It is all part of customer retention.  You give the customer a complimentary piece of pie for burning their steak.  Sure the restaurant will be out for that piece of pie but they won't lose a customer who will tell all their friends.

Right now I can't imagine anyone giving NY hundreds of dollars for any future preorders. 

There is literally a thread on the topic of N-Y. I'm so over them and the issues are well defined.  I love talking about them.... in their thread. But in this thread, I really love talking about 1/48 DX Valks.

I'm not trying to be that guy; especially, when there is a mod joining in on the talk right above this post. But I'm going to be that guy, because now I'm reading the same crap in both threads. I get that we go off topic a lot here and love that, but the NY convo is soooo oooooolllllld now. And if it's new to someone looking for some help or to vent, there is a thread to do that in where people who want to read pages of it can do that.

Yeah, I'm irritated with them as much as the next guy, but we seem to delve into that fiasco pretty often.

I really do wish we could get some new news about Bandai's plans for the VF-1 though; right now the only thing on a ton of minds is that they're finding out their strike parts are never arriving. :huh: