Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just a quick update on my NY order situation..

So they finally got back to me about my SSP order stating that the supplier has cancelled all orders for them for what ever reason.. They gave me the option for either store credit or swap for a similar priced item so I took the store credit of 12,500¥..

Then after that they informed me that my Kakizaki order was ready to ship but I would have to pay an additional fee of 9000¥ for UPS shipping as EMS is still not available to Australia apparently?

I asked if I could use my store credit for the additional shipping costs which they said was fine but they appear to have absorbed the left over 3500¥ from the original store credit in the process! Which isn't much in the overall scheme of things but it is still about $45 Aussie dollars.. 

Not sure if I should be pissed about that or just thankful that my Kakizaki is finally on its way and should just shrug my shoulders in defeat. :unknw:

30 minutes ago, spanner said:

Then after that they informed me that my Kakizaki order was ready to ship but I would have to pay an additional fee of 9000¥ for UPS shipping as EMS is still not available to Australia apparently?

9000 yen (plus the initial shipping estimate) for just Kakizaki? I ordered mine from MyKombini, and they sent it thru Fedex to Canada and just ask for an additional 1395 yen (SAL small packet was originally selected), for a total of 3 990 yen for shipping.

Edited by pafy6285

4 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

9000 yen (plus the initial shipping estimate) for just Kakizaki? I ordered mine from MyKombini, and they sent it thru Fedex to Canada and just ask for an additional 1395 yen (SAL small packet was originally selected), for a total of 3 990 yen for shipping.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That does seem a bit high, even for Australia.

I know right! As with the ZeroD before I got jipped on the shipping.. I know some services can be expensive but over $200 (Aussie) expensive is very questionable. I am definitely not impressed with how bad the whole experience has been.

I didn't snap any pictures since it's nothing people haven't seen a million times before, but my DX 1J showed up yesterday. It was not a cheap piece to re-acquire and to actually ship it just made it worse. That said, when I sat down last night and opened it up, I was immensely more happy with it than I was back on its release. Maybe it's that I'm at the tail end of a SDFM rewatch, maybe it's that I now have a TV Max and know a TV Roy is on the way, or maybe I just have the bug more than I did when the DX line started, whatever the reason, I really love this piece. There's also a special kind of satisfaction in getting something from Mandarake and having it basically be case perfect. Getting to cut the tape on the box for the first time like it hadn't sat on a shelf for a couple years. It made the expense feel even more worth it.

My collection, at least when it comes to the original show and DYRL, is really sparse. It consisted basically of a 1/48 Roy and a 1/60 Roy, both from DYRL. Now, to be on my way to having most of the major players in the show represented on a shelf is exciting. Throw in a few Kids Logic character figures and I think I'll have a really nice show setup. Handling these has also really reinforced how much I love this scale. We may never get anything else to match it, but I really like pieces that are this size. I'm not sure Macross collecting has ever felt more satisfying for me than it does right now.

7 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Any Gundams?

Between the human figure scales, the Mobile Suit scales, and the battleship scales, the toys, the model kits, and the action figures, the modern stuff, the SD stuff, and the retro stuff, there's just no way of organizing Gundam.  I've got stuff in storage in the attic, in pieces in the workshop, on display in the toy rooms, boxed up in the closets, and even stashed in bins on the balcony.  It's all over the place.  :unsure:

My collection of Macross merchandise is mercifully small by comparison.  ^_^

57 minutes ago, tekering said:

Between the human figure scales, the Mobile Suit scales, and the battleship scales, the toys, the model kits, and the action figures, the modern stuff, the SD stuff, and the retro stuff, there's just no way of organizing Gundam.  I've got stuff in storage in the attic, in pieces in the workshop, on display in the toy rooms, boxed up in the closets, and even stashed in bins on the balcony.  It's all over the place.  :unsure:

:shok:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

51 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

:shok:

@tekering is actually telling the truth here @weiser21.  The only person that has a gargantuan Macross collection is @kkx:hail:

9 hours ago, easnoddy said:

i wonder how many storage spaces/ attics are full of macross toys never destined to be played with or displayed. 

I have to have the toys handy, so the attic just gets the boxes (and whatever sundry parts come with the toy I'm not using at the time).

Makes it frustrating when I want to change modes sometimes (like, say from battroid to fighter, leading to having to get the box from the attic to get missile parts at minimum).

34 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Top Hun: The Attila Story

27 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Team America......duh.....

And here, I thought it was a recruitment ad for the Scientology Navy?:D