Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Yup, they said their supplier cancelled their order and they don't know if they'll be getting anymore supplies. I paid them in June of 2019 and it took them until recently to tell me this. And only because I reached out to them about shipping since it came out in April. 

Screw store credit, I'm probably going to file a fraudulent charge claim with my CC company. 

Thats why i treat them suspect too. As soon as the release date comes, if i dont see a ship notification, i send them message. They took two weeks to send out my kazi 1/48 and it just shipped last night after 3 emails.

Edited by Bahamutzyro

6 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

If you push in the back plate, you won't need to use the tape anymore or worry about nub rub (that sounded dirty).

You can see from the pic that there's no contact made with the fin.

Oh that's a great solution. I'll have to start doing that on all of mine now.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

You've got a BIG set of man balloons if you use Tamiya panel line wash on Bandai plastics. Yeeeh...good luck with that.  Flory's ALL the way. 

What happens with Bandai plastics?

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Yup, they said their supplier cancelled their order and they don't know if they'll be getting anymore supplies. I paid them in June of 2019 and it took them until recently to tell me this. And only because I reached out to them about shipping since it came out in April. 

Screw store credit, I'm probably going to file a fraudulent charge claim with my CC company. 

It seems NY won't ship a lot of items until people harass them about it. But they'll happily take your money and keep it indefinitely. Gotta love interest-free loans.

Bandai & Yamato Kakizaki:

50327106906_8be9bdab30_o.jpg

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

You've got a BIG set of man balloons if you use Tamiya panel line wash on Bandai plastics. Yeeeh...good luck with that.  Flory's ALL the way. 

What's wrong with the Tamiya panel line wash on Bandai plastics? I've left it on my DX VF-1S for a couple days and then cleaned off the brush touch points when I remembered to with a paper towel and/or cotton swab and some turpenoid. Cleans up perfectly.

4 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What's wrong with the Tamiya panel line wash on Bandai plastics? I've left it on my DX VF-1S for a couple days and then cleaned off the brush touch points when I remembered to with a paper towel and/or cotton swab and some turpenoid. Cleans up perfectly.

Tamiya panel line is known to be harsh on plastics. Even has a note that it can make plastics brittle in its product page. It's recommended that you put a coat first as protection if you're using it on bare plastic.

Edited by pafy6285

1 minute ago, pafy6285 said:

Tamiya panel line is known to be harsh on plastics. It's recommended that you put a coat first as protection if you're using it on bare plastic.

3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

It's bad on bandai model kit, the smaller parts of mine gets crumbled while the bigger parts are okay. Though those are not ABS plastic.

If you are coating the toy, it should be safe enough

Ah, okay. It seemed to be okay on the ABS plastic of the DX, I guess not so much for styrene. Tamiya probably figured it wouldn't matter on models since panel lining isn't usually the first thing one would do most of the time unless one is just snap fitting a model together and going straight to panel lining it and being done with it. Still, that's good to know. They must use turpentine as the thinner medium or something for it to have that kind of reaction.

Hey guys;

I'm a little late for theDX CHOGOKIN YF-29 DURANDAL VALKYRIE (SAOTOME ALTO CUSTOM) FULL SET PACK pre-order and most of the online stores with decent prices have closed the pre-order, I see it is still available for pre-order at Nin-Nin Game for $291.41 (+ shipping), is that a decent price? Do you know of another reputable store with a better price? Thanks!

I'd advise waiting for release. This is on some level a re-relase of an existing valkyrie, so it shouldn't be scalped quite as much as usual.

Worst case you'll probably be able to pick up the first release for a reduced price (re-release changes are nice, but still fairly minor).

28 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd advise waiting for release. This is on some level a re-relase of an existing valkyrie, so it shouldn't be scalped quite as much as usual.

Worst case you'll probably be able to pick up the first release for a reduced price (re-release changes are nice, but still fairly minor).

Thanks for the advice, I guess the worse that can happen is that I pay a few more bucks at Nin-Nin Game if they keep selling the reservations they still have available. Thanks! 

25 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Here's a pretty bad condition Max if anyone wanted to use it to make a post-Millia fight battle damaged one, or maybe a customized Alaska Base Survivor. Don't see many under $100 with only a few hours to go...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f455594362

So it looks like it's just missing the wing-flaps? Those certainly seem to be something that could be re-cast or scratch-built.

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Here's a pretty bad condition Max if anyone wanted to use it to make a post-Millia fight battle damaged one, or maybe a customized Alaska Base Survivor. Don't see many under $100 with only a few hours to go...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f455594362

The seller also has a DX VF-1J and 1S for sale if anyone's interested. No box and missing most of the attachments.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e462112147

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v746877901

57 minutes ago, Jetreo said:

The seller also has a DX VF-1J and 1S for sale if anyone's interested. No box and missing most of the attachments.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e462112147

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v746877901

43 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I only want to know why this person is taking off all the flaps and what he's doing with them...

That seller also has a Draken with missing parts around the the nosecone. :blink:

Edit: That saying... Why the seller is putting these up for sale (besides calling it as junk and having listed as overall poor condition)?  

Edited by borgified

34 minutes ago, borgified said:

That seller also has a Draken with missing parts around the the nosecone. :blink:

Edit: That saying... Why the seller is putting these up for sale (besides calling it as junk and having listed as overall poor condition)?  

I saw that too. It's odd because it's just so specific and seemingly intentional...

It would be like selling a bunch of cars for cheap, but taking all the mirrors out of the side mirror housings and the rear view mirror or all the steering wheels are missing.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

2 hours ago, RedComet said:

How does shipping work on Buyee?  Do they ship to the US or do you have to use a proxy?

20 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

So, if I were to pick that Kaki up, that would be the shipped price?

click on total estimate on the upper left

image.png.6c3e1ee866d05be421b3adb5c2f95766.png

select your country

enter a total weight of what you think the items and it's shipping boxes will weight total.   you can use the previous release for reference for weight.

The vf-1a is about 2000 g and the super is around 1000 g.  so the estimate is around 3000g

image.png.4c53a275403c743ba2b9d3443b1d7093.png

image.png.6f047559b3de146c92785e6b40a03853.png

it will then show the service fee and payment fee along with item and shipping

This is just the estimate , if the shipping box or packaging is use can make it heavier or the size the box , both can increase DHL shipping cost.

Or you can just do surface mail (ferry)

Kakizaki isn't one of my favorite characters.  I do like his DYRL colors.  I just managed to order one from Amazon with the Roy Focker Special book shipped for just over $300.  With an eta of one week I just couldn't refuse.  Now if N-Y would just give me back my money.

So Bandai announced TV super parts, do we know the release details yet? Sorry, I'm moving so things are slippng by me.

これに12月発売の「TV版スーパーパック」が取り付けられています。価格は8,800円(税込)

I think I found the answer.

Edited by jenius

So all three of those various parts-missing DX Valks sold for around 18k yen, which seems like kinda a good price on a 1J, a decent price on a 1S considering how it is close to complete, and a really bad price on a 1A (unless they have gone WAY up since May when I was last really hunting them). And WTF was he doing with the wing elevator flaps? I can understand losing an engine cover, of even a gun, but why even take the flaps off? Just using them as the world's most expensive toothpicks maybe?

1076536756_ScreenShot2020-09-11at4_07_49PM.png.5669d73e6c689c5d129cf09165385c5f.png405065122_ScreenShot2020-09-11at4_07_37PM.png.d220aee653b2774b99718135c3993e49.png1860483053_ScreenShot2020-09-11at4_08_04PM.png.81ba2b266c4e81d54e0d0ee991caeffb.png

Edited by RedComet

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What do you mean by ending price?

Final selling price. 

18 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

Amazon JP has the VF-1A Kakizaki for 28,348 shipped. What do u think?

Still steep for me if I was to get it sent to Canada - 28.4k yen plus 3.2k yen import fee =  31.6k yen. 

That a set of snows tires for my car to be honest.