Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Alan Molina said:

Really happy i did pre-order my kakazaki when i did, all in all cost me 23000 yen with shipping and no import taxes.. win win and delivered via fedex 

think is a lesson I learned, pre-order  and worry about later 

Kakazaki pre orders were easy because it was a web exclusive and not exactly the most popular valk.

Your lesson will unfortunately not work a lot of the time. PO's on other DX VF-1's have been slaughterhouses with a buy window of only a few seconds.

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Kakazaki pre orders were easy because it was a web exclusive and not exactly the most popular valk.

Your lesson will unfortunately not work a lot of the time. PO's on other DX VF-1's have been slaughterhouses with a buy window of only a few seconds.

oh yea  thats another lesson i learned about pre-orders not to go with nim nim lol 

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You will be lucky to get a few seconds, some go from coming soon to sold out in one refresh

Hello, finaly i decide to create a profil for this forum. 

Seems people talk about us and they wasnt sure we were legit, and i understand, as a buyer its difficult to buy from a place you dont know.

I think some people from here already preorder/bought from us, for this thank you and hope you will be please with our service.

Just for information, we only sell the stock we are sure to have, so if you order with us, youre sure to have your items, thats why sometimes we dont have a lot of stock, compare to bigger company.

And we dont rise price for preorder like a company you mention before.

Dont hesitate if you have any questions, here or on social media.

Team Hobby Genki.

26 minutes ago, Hobby Genki said:

Seems people talk about us and they wasnt sure we were legit, and i understand, as a buyer its difficult to buy from a place you dont know.

I think some people from here already preorder/bought from us, for this thank you and hope you will be please with our service.

Just for information, we only sell the stock we are sure to have, so if you order with us, youre sure to have your items, thats why sometimes we dont have a lot of stock, compare to bigger company.

Team Hobby Genki.

Nice to see Shops getting involved.  welcome to the forum

1 hour ago, Hobby Genki said:

Team Hobby Genki.

I think you should sent up a Macross World pre order system where you take our pre orders the day before release day/before you sell to anyone else. Some things to consider:

-Not limiting people to one unit. I suggest three.

-I don't know about everyone else but I would be more than happy to pay $20/ unit extra for pre orders if I don't have to deal with pre order madness.

-Offer DHL shipping.

What's in it for you?

-You could probably sell all of you allocated items in one place (here). You could potentially figure out a situation where you ship big boxes with lots of units over to the US and have someone who re-ships them to their final destination. This could save a bundle on shipping. There would be trust/security hurdles to figure out though. On a smaller scale I know of a couple people I would be willing to buy units for here in the States and forward them on to them once they came in. For example, I may buy 15 units but they're for 5 people. There is a big shipping savings shipping 15 units at a time.

-You can have a built in slightly larger margin.

I'm shocked that no online outlets have come on here and tried something like this. Talk about a captive audience/direct marketing. In my business the boards are inundated by retailers trying to get directly to the customer base.

Edited by sqidd

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Not limiting people to one unit. I suggest three

I disagree. It's hard to get one as it is and we have a lot of members that are struggling with it. Bandai limits allocations to retailers and if your suggestion is to have an exclusive PO for the members here, having one per person is very fair. If your argument is to help out somebody, well, it's a PO catered to the members here, they might as well participate with the PO event and try their luck.

If your aim is to have more than one then you should go somewhere else for the rest of what you want. Now, if there are extras after the allotted period for the PO, then I think it can be opened for people who want more than one (probably not really gonna happen).

33 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I disagree. It's hard to get one as it is and we have a lot of members that are struggling with it. Bandai limits allocations to retailers and if your suggestion is to have an exclusive PO for the members here, having one per person is very fair.

You have no idea how many members would want how many units. You also don't know how many units they get allocated. You have not one shred of data to warrant jumping to any conclusion. Also, there is an easy solution for that.

I am in no way suggesting that an MW member go without while others get multiples. If they have enough units to cover multiples, great. If they don't, impose limits. It could be as easy as everyone puts and order in for how many units they want. Be it one, two or three. Once all of the orders are in and if they have enough allocation to cover it great, done deal. If they don't they can simply reduce the units going to people that wanted multiples. See, easy.:good:

Edited by sqidd

51 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You have no idea how many members would want how many units. You also don't know how many units they get allocated. You have not one shred of data to warrant jumping to any conclusion. Also, there is an easy solution for that.

I am in no way suggesting that an MW member go without while others get multiples. If they have enough units to cover multiples, great. If they don't, impose limits. It could be as easy as everyone puts and order in for how many units they want. Be it one, two or three. Once all of the orders are in and if they have enough allocation to cover it great, done deal. If they don't they can simply reduce the units going to people that wanted multiples. See, easy.:good:

I don't but that data is not necessary for this. Everybody preordering wants at least one and that is a fact that doesn't need data. If a retailer gets allocated 7 units, would it be better to have two persons get the 3 units each want, one person one unit, and others nothing? Or would it be better for 7 people to get one each? This is from a perspective of community of collectors. 

You may not be suggesting that anybody goes without but not restricting the amount per person definitely helps in achieving that. It's easier work for a retailer to limit one per person from the beginning and open it up for more if there are extras than to have everybody place how many ever they want and then going in cancelling extras per account just to make sure it is distributed one unit per person.

4 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

Really happy i did pre-order my kakazaki when i did, all in all cost me 23000 yen with shipping and no import taxes.. win win and delivered via fedex 

think is a lesson I learned, pre-order  and worry about later 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Even the PO for Kakizaki was difficult. The proxy services are getting hit hard now with respect to TWE POs. My orders at all of the big ones for this DX were cancelled because they had quickly reached the ordering limit imposed by Bandai. Sometimes that happens within hours, so it's not much different than a regular PO except that you're waiting in limbo, during the middle of the night, to find out if your order went through. All while opportunities to order through other proxies disappear. I didn't try all of the proxies out there, but the remaining ones either looked sketchy or it seemed like no one here had used them yet, so it wasn't worth the risk. It used to be that AE and NY would only slightly mark up TWE POs, but that's changed, too, so I won't order through them for TWE items anymore. Given all of that, I just figured I'd pick up a Kakizaki after release at a reasonable markup. I'm still looking for one. Paying $300 (including shipping) for it just isn't sitting right with me. So, I'm keeping an eye on prices and hoping they come down a bit more. To @Lolicon's point, Mandarake is an option, but when they post items is almost random (I've missed three of them already), their email notification system doesn't seem to be working well right now, and @sqidd's comment about high DHL shipping prices does concern me.

3 hours ago, Hobby Genki said:

Team Hobby Genki.

Welcome!! 

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Plus $75 for shipping.;)

In my experience, shipping on items bought on Manarake's website is highly dependent on which location you buy from.  Case in point, I've bought a couple DXs from them in the past month.  I got a 1J from their Complex/Akihabara location a couple weeks ago (my inner idealist died a little that night) and shipping cost me 7,800.  I just recently bought a Max 1A from their Nakano location and shipping was only 4,500.  While it's true that the box for the 1J is slightly bigger to account for the stand, the boxes the two toys shipped in were the same size and I'm pretty sure the weight difference was negligible. Both shipped via DHL, which has been very fast....even early...with their deliveries, I might add. I've avoided any items from the Complex/Akihabara site and have been happy with the shipping rates on everything else (strike parts, missile sets, etc). 

Edited by mantisfists

Update on my silhouette project, with a specific emphasis on kill markings for the DX that can be printed as small decals (not just the larger vinyl stickers). First, putting an "X" on the silhouettes seems redundant. If they're on your valk, you've killed them. No need to cross them out, too! :) Second, I think simple silhouettes just look cleaner than what Bandai included with the Hayao 1A and are more in line with what you'd see on vintage aircraft. So, here's what I've come up with:

image.png.48f993e0a06281ab3e2ce1d436280f55.png

They would be easy to "mirror" so they can be placed on both sides of the cockpit. I haven't worked out the exact sizes yet, so things look a little out of proportion right now. I think there's now something for everyone:

• Reguld
  • Reguld Light Missile Carrier
  • Reguld Heavy Missile Carrier
  • Reguld Scout
  • Glaug
  • Glaug with Booster
  • Queadluun-Rau
  • Nousjadeul-Ger
  • Gnerl

They could also be printed as negatives, where there's a box around each one and the actual mecha is empty space (cut out).

Sorry for the post. Anyone interested, there's still 3 hours and a bit left before my auction ends and I find a new home for the DX VF-1J. Hopefully to someone who will appreciate it more than me. Still low at $212.50 CAD (a user had to cancel their bid).

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-VF-1J-Valkyrie-Hikaru-Ichijo-1-48-scale-Used-Complete/274476750570?hash=item3fe816d6ea:g:7-MAAOSw2glfStPM

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, mantisfists said:

In my experience, shipping on items bought on Manarake's website is highly dependent on which location you buy from.  Case in point, I've bought a couple DXs from them in the past month.  I got a 1J from their Complex/Akihabara location a couple weeks ago (my inner idealist died a little that night) and shipping cost me 7,800.  I just recently bought a Max 1A from their Nakano location and shipping was only 4,500.  While it's true that the box for the 1J is slightly bigger to account for the stand, the boxes the two toys shipped in were the same size and I'm pretty sure the weight difference was negligible. Both shipped via DHL, which has been very fast....even early...with their deliveries, I might add. I've avoided any items from the Complex/Akihabara site and have been happy with the shipping rates on everything else (strike parts, missile sets, etc). 

Very true, shipping does vary. For the same size package I have seen Mandrake charge between 6000-20000. They're all over the place! I haven't seen a DX Valk go out at 4500. I guess Nakano is the unicorn branch.:D Not that we generally have much of a choice but if I can I'll be going through Nakano when possible.:good:

I was using $75 as an average. Your mileage may vary.

1 hour ago, NeoMatter said:

Sorry for the post. Anyone interested, there's still 3 hours and a bit left before my auction ends and I find a new home for the DX VF-1J. Hopefully to someone who will appreciate it more than me. Still low at $212.50 CAD (a user had to cancel their bid).

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-VF-1J-Valkyrie-Hikaru-Ichijo-1-48-scale-Used-Complete/274476750570?hash=item3fe816d6ea:g:7-MAAOSw2glfStPM

Good Luck!

I think you would have gotten a lot more traction if you had included pictures of the things you called out in your auction.

And, if you sold it on here you would have saved yourself 10% in eBay fees and potentially 4% in PP fees which you could have passed on to the buyer. Which may have been the difference between it getting sold or not. $30-40 is a pretty big swing. my $.02

Edited by sqidd

18 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Update on my silhouette project, with a specific emphasis on kill markings for the DX that can be printed as small decals (not just the larger vinyl stickers). First, putting an "X" on the silhouettes seems redundant. If they're on your valk, you've killed them. No need to cross them out, too! :) Second, I think simple silhouettes just look cleaner than what Bandai included with the Hayao 1A and are more in line with what you'd see on vintage aircraft. So, here's what I've come up with:

They would be easy to "mirror" so they can be placed on both sides of the cockpit. I haven't worked out the exact sizes yet, so things look a little out of proportion right now. I think there's now something for everyone:

• Reguld
  • Reguld Light Missile Carrier
  • Reguld Heavy Missile Carrier
  • Reguld Scout
  • Glaug
  • Glaug with Booster
  • Queadluun-Rau
  • Nousjadeul-Ger
  • Gnerl

They could also be printed as negatives, where there's a box around each one and the actual mecha is empty space (cut out).

Space shark?:p

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into space.........

kill.png.77cc217815e1d988c76525ba40a55053.png

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, NeoMatter said:

Good Luck!

Why you don't send overseas I live in Chile 

12 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Is that the size of the smaller set of kill marks that comes with Kaki?

I’m not sure. Since I don’t have a Kakizaki yet, I’ll have to compare against images of the decal sheet that members have posted. I just tried to come up with a size that made sense, given available space. I could probably reduce by another third or half, but then you’ll likely lose detail.

Update: just eyeballed a picture of the sheet on the Tamashii site. The smaller markings are definitely smaller than my current ones. I’ll shrink some more and post new pictures later. 

45 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I like the gray.

Also, that guys is a space shark serial killer!

:rofl: I put those on there just for you

Edited by Anasazi37

35 minutes ago, sqidd said:

No one has suggested that anyone goes without. Not even a little.

You're railing against an imaginary demon.

I really doubt any one retailer has enough units to sell to every member here, thus the 1 per unit rule is fair, not everyone wants multiple, and if some one wants multiple don’t you think its fair they find the other copies the hard way instead of denying some one else at least 1 copy? If a said retailer has more stock on release day, then I think they can release it to anyone whom already bought one, so much so that they can even sell their excess stock to one guy and I don’t think anyone will cry foul. 

I have been thur enough  pre order disappointments to know that the demons are real.

17 minutes ago, treatment said:

hacchaka-blog pictorial of DX DYRL Kaki-1A:

b5e32ebf-s.jpg.807180354aa697c9456ef78151a5ca3c.jpg

That looks dumber and dumber each time I see it. 

9 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Was able to resize the kill markings. They are now about the same size as the smallest ones on Bandai's decal sheet. If I go any smaller, you probably couldn't make out what they are. I put in some extra space sharks, just for @sqidd.

image.png.5c31097d6f6533d22216c634c0e0c3c5.png

Those Bandai panel lines are pretty deep. 

Just imagine during peacetime, a micronized Exodol tours the valkyrie hangar deck and sees the thousands of kills each squadron made against his own. Awkward!

Maybe someone can do the reverse...for the Hi Metal Glaug or the Yamato Q-Rau....put some valkyrie and destroid emblems on those. 

Can you make a special decal for Hikaru where it is just the head of Bodolza? Guess it might look like an octopus if it is just the silhouette. :) 

image.png

On 9/5/2020 at 1:21 PM, kkx said:

The listing look legit, the seller do have some positive feedback (I can't find the link anymore). Nothing really stand out.

I fully expect the seller to deliver when release date come, but two weeks after release, I started to get worry, but there in nothing I can do.

After a two months, I started contacting FJ to get help. And they ping the user but never get any reply.

I tried that two or three times with similar result (or no-result).

Due to the long wait time from paying for PO to delivery of item, you need to really find seller on Yahoo and Ebay that can be trusted, be very cautious. 

So you raised a paypal dispute within 6 months agaisnt FJ? Did FJsay anything that made you think you couldnt get it resolved?