Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

I'm starting to be really glad I never threw any money at them for the TV Super Parts.

I feel so silly for ordering TWE from them after the 31A fiasco. I should have my head examined. 

29 minutes ago, spanner said:

Still nothing from NY about my Kakizaki. And they never responded to my inquiry about the Super Parts Set.. 

You’re in good company:

16 hours ago, RedComet said:

Thanks for answering my questions! You figure there are enough kills for 4 Valks? Looks like they go in matching sets on both sides right? Except any of the sets had too many kills for Kaki himself :p

So...do I need to create a supplemental decal set with kill markings and maybe some other stuff? I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. Those could be easily sized up to 1/48. Simple silhouettes at the moment, covering a wide array of enemy mecha.

6 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I feel so silly for ordering TWE from them after the 31A fiasco. I should have my head examined. 

Compared to this, the 31a event was way better. Their communication may have sucked, but at least they delivered. Eventually.

Now they're just taking people's money and only giving them back store credit because they overcommitted.

I am glad that kakizaki is available for a small markup (about USD50) from PO price. I only have myself to blame for not doing PO via proxy when the window open.

I was also abel to pickup Max from AJ right after release date for a good price.

I hope this trend will be true for all future releases. So no need to panic if you missed PO.

I panicked and pay for PO on Yahoo or Ebay when I missed PO. All of my attempts (3 times) never work out. They are all scammers. I manage to get my money back via PayPal except for the one time with yahoo auction via FromJapan.

I have given up hope for the $210 I paid but today, out of the blue, FromJapan refunded my payment in full. :) 

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by kkx

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

So...do I need to create a supplemental decal set with kill markings and maybe some other stuff? I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. Those could be easily sized up to 1/48. Simple silhouettes at the moment, covering a wide array of enemy mecha.

I mean I would want some B)) and another member is looking to turn a Kaki into a Max 1A maybe, so would need a pair of big 013 and probably 2LT rank/name? And while we are at it, maybe a pair of big 011 and and the Hikki ranks? In for a penny in for a pound right?

6 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. 

don't keep that set a secret when it's available please!

1 minute ago, RedComet said:

If some real life WW2 ace shot down this many Nazis, how many kills do you think Max had by the time he fought Milia in DYRL? (He must have a lot off-screen, cause we don't see him for a month right?)

image.png.308bbd479cf7e9238d6b2a071b579a57.png

I think Max is the type who wouldn't keep a score-board... at least not publicly.

if he did, his entire nose would be covered

3 minutes ago, slide said:

I think Max is the type who wouldn't keep a score-board... at least not publicly.

And be a flying target for Milia to shoot down in her Q-Rau no holds barred like Kakizaki. 

Unless your like Basara: "Listen to my song!!" 

3 minutes ago, slide said:

I feel like the pilots don't apply them themselves or anything, it's more like something the Skull Squadron ground crew would do to boost morale.

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I have one of Milia's

20200903_221206.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:56 AM, Lolicon said:

It sure would look a lot better and save me a lot of hassle if Bandai would just paint them at the factory before assembling it. :lol:

50300881477_66582598ca_o.jpg

Hi Lolicon I see you've attached the skull decal by the canopy which looks great :) Small details do count eh. Just wondering if you recommend using a topcoat to seal the deal or the supplied Bandai water slide decal by itself was sufficient in your experience, thanks. 

My Kaki arrived from NY today. Haven't had a chance to open it yet. I also received a DX YF-19 this week so I went from one DX Valk to three in a few days. Geek overload.

I really love the attention to detail, quality packaging and instructions with the DX stuff. I'm very impressed. I used to only collect Takara MP Transformers and their instructions are crap compared to Bandai.

55 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

really love the attention to detail, quality packaging and instructions with the DX stuff. I'm very impressed. I used to only collect Takara MP Transformers and their instructions are crap compared to Bandai.

Some of the 3rd party instructions are crap as well. 

I have both official and 3rd party TFs in my collection.  Considering Macross stuff, it's slowly getting up there as I'm starting to cherry pic on what to get next (tight on space and I can't get another display case as of right now. The Ikea Milsbo is my next choice, however forking our $400 CND is crazy insane just like Zeta's Unicron). 

Glad to see that there are some Canuckle Heads on this forum. :)

1 hour ago, arcoregon said:

Does anyone remember what the original preorder price of the Roy Focker 1/48 DX at Nippon Yasan was? Thanks! 

They might have jumped right to 200% scalper markup pricing, but they usually list a small number of DX valks at or near MSRP (¥18,000) to start with that don't require prepayment. Then they turn the screws on everyone.

12 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Hi Lolicon I see you've attached the skull decal by the canopy which looks great :) Small details do count eh. Just wondering if you recommend using a topcoat to seal the deal or the supplied Bandai water slide decal by itself was sufficient in your experience, thanks. 

Thanks! :) I generally top coat everything to make sure everything is sealed in and protected. However I didn't bother on the last two DX releases as I only added a few small decals that are unlikely to get scratched.

Being cheap with my supplies, in other words. ;)

5 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Thinking of getting a Kakizaki from Nin Nin. Is this a fair price currently? Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/36510-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-version-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-limited-edition.html

It depends. If you're willing to go through a proxy like FromJapan that can purchase it on an auction site and then send it to you, or go through Amazon Japan and have them ship it to a package forwarding service like Tenso, then no. Even with their fees, either option will probably be cheaper than Nin-Nin. Price range for domestic sales is currently ¥21,600 (lowest bid on Yahoo Japan) to ¥26,180 (Amazon Japan). If you're looking for direct overseas shipping from the seller, Nin-Nin's price isn't terrible, but it doesn't include shipping. They charged me $50 for FedEx shipping to the US for my Roy DX preorder, so depending on where you are and how fast you want it, you might be looking at $325 or more for the total bill. :blink: When Nin-Nin has an item in stock, I hear that their service is pretty good. Where they seem to run into trouble is with preorders.

18 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Thinking of getting a Kakizaki from Nin Nin. Is this a fair price currently? Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/36510-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-version-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-limited-edition.html

As of a few days ago, you could do better after considering shipping through amazon jp (cause it deducts sales tax when you check out) or through Amazon JP and a proxy like Buyee or Zenmarket (the former is more convenient to use, the latter has slightly cheaper shipping options like FedEx)

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

It depends. If you're willing to go through a proxy like FromJapan that can purchase it on an auction site and then send it to you, or go through Amazon Japan and have them ship it to a package forwarding service like Tenso, then no. Even with their fees, either option will probably be cheaper than Nin-Nin. Price range for domestic sales is currently ¥21,600 (lowest bid on Yahoo Japan) to ¥26,180 (Amazon Japan). If you're looking for direct overseas shipping from the seller, Nin-Nin's price isn't terrible, but it doesn't include shipping. They charged me $50 for FedEx shipping to the US for my Roy DX preorder, so depending on where you are and how fast you want it, you might be looking at $325 or more for the total bill. :blink: When Nin-Nin has an item in stock, I hear that their service is pretty good. Where they seem to run into trouble is with preorders.

It's funny when two members post the same advice at the same time :p

On 9/4/2020 at 6:53 AM, kkx said:

I am glad that kakizaki is available for a small markup (about USD50) from PO price. I only have myself to blame for not doing PO via proxy when the window open.

I was also abel to pickup Max from AJ right after release date for a good price.

I hope this trend will be true for all future releases. So no need to panic if you missed PO.

I panicked and pay for PO on Yahoo or Ebay when I missed PO. All of my attempts (3 times) never work out. They are all scammers. I manage to get my money back via PayPal except for the one time with yahoo auction via FromJapan.

I have given up hope for the $210 I paid but today, out of the blue, FromJapan refunded my payment in full. :) 

Edit: fixed typo

Care to share some light on the yahoo auction which went bust? Any suspicious thing abt the listing and how did you find out it went sour? Might help those going through the same method in future..

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Care to share some light on the yahoo auction which went bust? Any suspicious thing abt the listing and how did you find out it went sour? Might help those going through the same method in future..

The listing look legit, the seller do have some positive feedback (I can't find the link anymore). Nothing really stand out.

I fully expect the seller to deliver when release date come, but two weeks after release, I started to get worry, but there in nothing I can do.

After a two months, I started contacting FJ to get help. And they ping the user but never get any reply.

I tried that two or three times with similar result (or no-result).

Due to the long wait time from paying for PO to delivery of item, you need to really find seller on Yahoo and Ebay that can be trusted, be very cautious.