Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

33 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

You're a brave soul to put that much weight on a yeti stand. :blink:  I might just be camera angle but I think that long yeti arm might be bending as the nosecone of that VF is pointing up at a higher angle than the kaki.

Yeti stand uses thick acrylic. The arm is actually curved.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

You're a brave soul to put that much weight on a yeti stand. :blink:  I might just be camera angle but I think that long yeti arm might be bending as the nosecone of that VF is pointing up at a higher angle than the kaki.

37 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, that does look a bit wonky. With the Yeti stands it's sometimes about how you load the arms and not the overall weight. An adjustment to the center of gravity could fix that right up.

200.gif

Hahaha love the GIF.

It's just the angle I took the pic. I have Hikkie banked more than Kaki.  Here's a more straight on pic. I cranked the attachments with wrenches.

IMG_0471.jpg

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hahaha love the GIF.

It's just the angle I took the pic. I have Hikkie banked more than Kaki.  Here's a more straight on pic. I cranked the attachments with wrenches.

IMG_0471.jpg

Now you can't see it at all goofynuts.:rofl:

Take a pic from the side so you're looking at the thin edge of the arm.

4 hours ago, betocc said:

I wrote to AmiAmi a few days ago about declaring a lower value and they confirmed what they state on the FAQ section so no, they cannot declare a lower value. I also orederd a Kakizaki from Amazon J and like you I prepaid custom fees but at the end it was a good price since hunting one in Mandarake is difficult right now. 

OK.  Thanks for letting me know about AmiAmi.  It's good you were able to get a Kakizaki from Amazon too : )  I like how they have reasonable rates for DHL which somewhat offsets the additional customs fees.

I only started to collect the Bandai DX valkryies in the past couple of months and I was worried about getting a Kakizaki since he was a web exclusive, but so far, it doesn't seem bad at all since he's available at multiple places and markup isn't too bad.  Maybe it's because he's not the most popular character and lots of scalpers also bought extra for resale.  

I've seen comments on how the upcoming DX Roy will be worse in November.  I'm curious with how it was with the VF-1S Strike valkyrie last year.  Can we reasonable expect to still get one at near retail price during release week?  I was thinking demand must be higher than Kakizaki but since it's a mass retail release, perhaps more stock in stores. Thanks in advance for any input.

5 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Interesting. So I guess the show ‘Shameless’ could be a modern interpretation?

Now that I think about it I have seen a  little Malcolm In The Middle. Shameless is Malcolm In The Middle +9000.;)

35 minutes ago, vf1 said:

OK.  Thanks for letting me know about AmiAmi.  It's good you were able to get a Kakizaki from Amazon too : )  I like how they have reasonable rates for DHL which somewhat offsets the additional customs fees.

I only started to collect the Bandai DX valkryies in the past couple of months and I was worried about getting a Kakizaki since he was a web exclusive, but so far, it doesn't seem bad at all since he's available at multiple places and markup isn't too bad.  Maybe it's because he's not the most popular character and lots of scalpers also bought extra for resale.  

I've seen comments on how the upcoming DX Roy will be worse in November.  I'm curious with how it was with the VF-1S Strike valkyrie last year.  Can we reasonable expect to still get one at near retail price during release week?  I was thinking demand must be higher than Kakizaki but since it's a mass retail release, perhaps more stock in stores. Thanks in advance for any input.

The amazon dhl shipping rate is what you would consider the BEST rate.

The dx chogokin vf-1a kakizaki was a TWE with a long preorder window.  Pretty much if you REALLY want to preorder it , you would be able to for the MSRP price plus proxy fees/domestic shipping.

For the up coming VF-1S roy , you will need to be in the right place and the right time on or near release date to get one for at msrp.  

The demand will be very high .

Edited by F360

Hey guys, is ¥ 26,280 the going rate for the Kakizake at most places?  I don't need shipping outside Japan, if there are other shops in Japan that have the thing for cheaper, does anyone know?

34 minutes ago, peter said:

Hey guys, is ¥ 26,280 the going rate for the Kakizake at most places?  I don't need shipping outside Japan, if there are other shops in Japan that have the thing for cheaper, does anyone know?

The problem is that if you lived in Japan you would've just purchased on P-Bandai where it is a web exclusive.  So, in theory, only secondary market will have it and for a secondary market price.  I would suggest going on a VPN with Tokyo as your location, copying the Japanese text for kaki's 1A from AJ or Manda and searching on google.co.jp.  You probably don't need to even use a VPN.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

8 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

On another note, I may be eating some humble pie after all.....Just got an email from Nin-Nin regarding the Kakizaki. They have given me a free upgrade to FEDEX and have shipped it. Entered the tracking number and seems legit.

5 hours ago, vladykins said:

Nin-nin's a gamble. This release being smaller means you may be OK, since the demand didn;t drive up scalping high. The Roy low priced orders from Nin-nin? Probably not going to happen.

I was starting to get my hopes up about Nin-Nin for my Roy PO, based on what @Alphahorizon just posted, but then I remembered how many times they listed the Roy PO and increased the price. So, I'm still not very optimistic that I'll get mine. I was in the very first round that was offered at a slight discount, and based on the past experiences of other MW members, my guess is that I'll be told that they have insufficient stock and they will cancel my order, after which they will list several for sale at a significantly higher price. It's good to know that they are capable of being nice to customers, though. I hope they're nice to all of us with early round Roy POs. :D

Not what I thought my 1000th post would be, but there you have it.

9 hours ago, vf1 said:

Thanks a lot for the tip!  I'll try this next time too.  Great you could avoid customs for the YF-19.  I bought the same item from Umeda I believe a few weeks ago and was hit for full customs charges to Canada.  I find some stores like Nippon Yasan, My Kombini and Nin nin game are willing to declare a lower value.  Another store I haven't tried is Amiami, but I think they also clearly state that they will not on the FAQ section.  For my Kakizaki VF-1A DX toy, I purchased from Amazon and prepaid the customs fees.

Fellow Canuck here, I've ordered from Amiami roughly 10 times in the last year, they never declare the full value and haven't paid duties once when shipping via EMS.  If I recall correctly, they marked the value of the Sentinel Legioss as 1200 Yen.  DHL is a cheaper shipping option with Amiami, but DHL will always nail you for duties plus their service fee.  Amiami is now my go to store since NY is such garbage now.

2 hours ago, Smacky said:

Fellow Canuck here, I've ordered from Amiami roughly 10 times in the last year, they never declare the full value and haven't paid duties once when shipping via EMS.  If I recall correctly, they marked the value of the Sentinel Legioss as 1200 Yen.  DHL is a cheaper shipping option with Amiami, but DHL will always nail you for duties plus their service fee.  Amiami is now my go to store since NY is such garbage now.

Great, actually I’m expecting to receive a Sentinel Legioss from AmiAmi these days, it has already cleared customs :D, I will let you know the value declared on mine once it arrives. But check what they reply I got some days ago, weird :huh:

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 18.30.57.png

3 hours ago, Smacky said:

OK thanks.  I ordered a high-metal R valkryie from them last week but shipped with registered airmail instead of EMS to save a few dollars, but regretting because it seems these days airmail items are delayed heavily from Japan.  Hopefully won't get hit with duties : )

4 hours ago, peter said:

Here are a couple that's cheaper than 26000 before shipping.

(23,655 yen) (free domestic shipping )

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fitem.fril.jp%2Ff34f6bc4e04a08ee8e7f33e451a32a86/19_1/lgk-link_search

(24,800 yen)  (free domestic shipping )

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fitem.fril.jp%2F472498fe6934cbec415c6c07b14dfae6/19_1/lgk-link_search

24,829 yen 

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fitem.fril.jp%2F472498fe6934cbec415c6c07b14dfae6/19_1/lgk-link_search

(25,000 yen)  (free domestic shipping )

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fitem.fril.jp%2F67972f9b42e810e4cfa4aa2264fa526c/19_1/lgk-link_search

33 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Weird. I can't find those going through Buyee > Rakuten.

Probably because it’s from Rakuma 

Rakuma

Rakuma, formerly Fril, is Rakuten's secondhand marketplace app, with over 10 million users across Japan. With millions of users listing everything from popular branded fashion to rare collectibles, it's the perfect place to scoop up an unexpected find.

13 minutes ago, F360 said:

Probably because it’s from Rakuma 

Rakuma

Rakuma, formerly Fril, is Rakuten's secondhand marketplace app, with over 10 million users across Japan. With millions of users listing everything from popular branded fashion to rare collectibles, it's the perfect place to scoop up an unexpected find.

Was that your nice way of saying I'm dumb and/or blind?:rofl: If so, it's appreciated.:wub:

I'm sure the Buyee employee that reads my email asking why I can't find them is going to get a kick out of it. I envision 5-6 employees crowded around the monitor pointing at it with one hand while holding the other hand over their mouth trying not too laugh too hard and get noticed by the boss. :D

8 hours ago, F360 said:

The amazon dhl shipping rate is what you would consider the BEST rate.

The dx chogokin vf-1a kakizaki was a TWE with a long preorder window.  Pretty much if you REALLY want to preorder it , you would be able to for the MSRP price plus proxy fees/domestic shipping.

For the up coming VF-1S roy , you will need to be in the right place and the right time on or near release date to get one for at msrp.  

The demand will be very high .

Thanks a lot.  This is helpful.  Will definitely keep an eye out around the release date.  Hopefully will find one for a reasonable price.

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Was that your nice way of saying I'm dumb and/or blind?:rofl: If so, it's appreciated.:wub:

I'm sure the Buyee employee that reads my email asking why I can't find them is going to get a kick out of it. I envision 5-6 employees crowded around the monitor pointing at it with one hand while holding the other hand over their mouth trying not too laugh too hard and get noticed by the boss. :D

No no , I also have no experience with Rakuma either so it’s new to me too .  
:p.    

3 minutes ago, vf1 said:

Thanks a lot.  This is helpful.  Will definitely keep an eye out around the release date.  Hopefully will find one for a reasonable price.

Base on the previous releases ,if you miss the extra openings then  you should plan for $300 Shipped price .  Plan around that budget.

19 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Now I'm super confused.:unknw:

Same? Different? If same why two different buttons on the search bar.:bigshok:

Rakuma.jpg.40ae393211c91a77e2f9f62ee59fa7e6.jpg

Search Bar.jpg

It’s different , Rakuma is a app base marketplace for casual individual sellers or buyers .   Think of it like a simple take a pic and post it. 

while Rakuten have big stores and shops.

That’s the main noticeable difference to me.

7 hours ago, F360 said:

It’s different , Rakuma is a app base marketplace for casual individual sellers or buyers .   Think of it like a simple take a pic and post it. 

while Rakuten have big stores and shops.

That’s the main noticeable difference to me.

Roget that, thanks!:good: