Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Yup I've been waiting for my strike parts to ship from N-Y since changing shipping method almost 2 months ago. Really hope they can find a source to honor the order. If only I picked these up elsewhere. Thankfully it's my last order to be fulfilled through them and then I'm out.

yes I have enough... pre order on first day deley me for 2nd pre order then now told me no more stock

going to stop doing biz with them too.

1 minute ago, ErikElvis said:

So wait. NY is saying they can’t fulfill orders for ssp’s?  I still have 2 on order from them. 

yes...this is wat they told me... after my 2nd email chasing them.

first email told me due to shipping restriction so deley.

Then now told me supplier stop supplying to them n force me to

1) accept their store credit which i had bad experience with

2)Switch to another product

3)wait

how about 4 ? _l_

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

Awesome. NY sold away the super parts that they agreed to hold for me in their warehouse since May due to the covid situation. Now I'm out 2 sets of super parts. 

It's adorable that you think NY ever had SSP's for you.:wub:NY over sells their orders by a large margin and then crosses their fingers they can get them from other sources. Worse case for them is they still sell you something because they won't refund your money. If you paid with PP and your 6mo are up still try and reverse your charges. If you can get a live person they will usually do it for you.

I steadfastly refuse to deal with NY. When my first PO's were coming up on 6m and I had paid through PP I asked them to refund my orders so I could send them money again thus re-setting the 6mo PP clock. They refused. So I canceled my orders, got my PP money, NY banned me (oh no, not that, I wanted to continue shopping with you!!!) and I never looked back. I am a borderline anti NY zealot who preaches to anyone who will listen to not shop there. Their business practices are horrendous. When taking the 30,000ft view I don't know how anyone can give them their money.

2 hours ago, stormshadow0621 said:

Just shipped my VF-1A from Anime-Export.  Anyone know how to track the ECANIXXXXXX they posted?  Sent a question to them but maybe someone on the board has experience with this.  

Thanks.

2 hours ago, hkj711 said:

Here is the carrier's website where you can track the package: 

https://www.global.ecmsglobal.com/

I like this one as a good catch all.

https://postal.ninja/en

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's adorable that you think NY ever had SSP's for you.:wub:

The status was changed to preparing to ship when I requested them to hold due to the covid situation. They wouldn't change the status to preparing to ship if they didn't have anything. 

2 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

The status was changed to preparing to ship when I requested them to hold due to the covid situation. They wouldn't change the status to preparing to ship if they didn't have anything. 

It's adorable that you don't see that as the staling tactic it is.:wub:

Seriously though. You're probably a really good person who has a hard time seeing the bad in others. Kudos

7 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

If you say so. You already have a bias against NY so there isn't a point continuing this topic. Anyway it doesn't solve my issue so I'm ending it here with you. Cheers 

That's your response to someone giving you one of the highest forms of praise? Apparently I was wrong about you. I apologize. I will never call you a good person again. ;)

We can't obtain enough stock so we are unable to fulfil your order.   We won't refund you but we'll give you store credit.   How screwed up is that?   I'm pretty sure that's crime in most countries.  You ordered a specific item.   You didn't order a gift card. 

Man this sucks. I am so sorry you guys. I have gotten all my items I ordered from NY. Granted I didn't order any FPs from them. I have managed to snag a few along the way at Mandrake mainly and one set from Okini when they had a few available after market I guess. On another note, I may be eating some humble pie after all.....Just got an email from Nin-Nin regarding the Kakizaki. They have given me a free upgrade to FEDEX and have shipped it. Entered the tracking number and seems legit.

6 hours ago, betocc said:

My YF-19 Full Set Pack shipped from Nayuta Store, I paid 5,200 by EMS to Mexico and they declare 14k instead of the 28k. 

Thanks a lot for the tip!  I'll try this next time too.  Great you could avoid customs for the YF-19.  I bought the same item from Umeda I believe a few weeks ago and was hit for full customs charges to Canada.  I find some stores like Nippon Yasan, My Kombini and Nin nin game are willing to declare a lower value.  Another store I haven't tried is Amiami, but I think they also clearly state that they will not on the FAQ section.  For my Kakizaki VF-1A DX toy, I purchased from Amazon and prepaid the customs fees.

Did anybody order Kaki through White Rabbit Express or use them ever?   I moved from New York to Toronto and I can’t change my shipping address to Canada, it’s stuck sending to the USA.  I’ve sent them 2 emails and they’re not responding.

1 hour ago, vf1 said:

Thanks a lot for the tip!  I'll try this next time too.  Great you could avoid customs for the YF-19.  I bought the same item from Umeda I believe a few weeks ago and was hit for full customs charges to Canada.  I find some stores like Nippon Yasan, My Kombini and Nin nin game are willing to declare a lower value.  Another store I haven't tried is Amiami, but I think they also clearly state that they will not on the FAQ section.  For my Kakizaki VF-1A DX toy, I purchased from Amazon and prepaid the customs fees.

I wrote to AmiAmi a few days ago about declaring a lower value and they confirmed what they state on the FAQ section so no, they cannot declare a lower value. I also orederd a Kakizaki from Amazon J and like you I prepaid custom fees but at the end it was a good price since hunting one in Mandarake is difficult right now. 

56 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Damn, I was waiting on 4 sets from NY.  I'm glad I was able to get at least 1 from another source.

I have six sets on order with them mixed with other stuff so it's going to be a mess to untangle everything.

Luckily I got two sets via proxy but I really wanted at least six sets :/

8 hours ago, RedComet said:

Yeah, the US seems to be the only country that really doesn't make you pay import duties. Everyone else is on it. Maybe that's why we have such a budget deficit here? 

Mostly because the duties end up being VATs, whereas unless something is being shipped commercially it usually won't get chased down by customs. Not having a national sales tax or VAT makes it more difficult to do so on an individual basis. State sales tax nexus gets a lot more fun for international folks and there are many cases where an international purchase *should* trigger sales tax but nobody really pays it unless it is flagrantly obvious. Hell, it is only the past couple years that out of state sales tax collection became a thing.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I am a borderline anti NY zealot who preaches to anyone who will listen to not shop there. Their business practices are horrendous. When taking the 30,000ft view I don't know how anyone can give them their money.

Amen to that! :) (me being anti NY)

To stay on topic. My Kaz arrived at my freight forwarded. I'm guessing it wont ship till to the US till mid/end of the week. :(

Edited by Vertex

24 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Nin-nin’s safe right?  I ordered a kaki from them before they were available on Amazon japan. 

Nin-nin's a gamble. This release being smaller means you may be OK, since the demand didn;t drive up scalping high. The Roy low priced orders from Nin-nin? Probably not going to happen.

2 hours ago, Goofy said:

Did anybody order Kaki through White Rabbit Express or use them ever?   I moved from New York to Toronto and I can’t change my shipping address to Canada, it’s stuck sending to the USA.  I’ve sent them 2 emails and they’re not responding.

This might be more of a PayPal restriction of shipping only to the county of original  payment.  

34 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I put my second Hikkie up there as a placeholder for the next 1A release.

IMG_0469.jpg

You're a brave soul to put that much weight on a yeti stand. :blink:  I might just be camera angle but I think that long yeti arm might be bending as the nosecone of that VF is pointing up at a higher angle than the kaki.

4 hours ago, vf1 said:

My web site says I won't declare lower. I do it almost every time though. The website is  a CYA thing.;)

26 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

You're a brave soul to put that much weight on a yeti stand. :blink:  I might just be camera angle but I think that long yeti arm might be bending as the nosecone of that VF is pointing up at a higher angle than the kaki.

Yeah, that does look a bit wonky. With the Yeti stands it's sometimes about how you load the arms and not the overall weight. An adjustment to the center of gravity could fix that right up.

200.gif