Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

17 hours ago, NeoMatter said:

Hi all, just want to let anyone interested know I've decided to offload my DX VF-1J... auction style. I'll be sticking with the Arcadia and 1/60 line in general. Starting $150 CAD and no reserve. Good luck!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/274476750570

I'd bid but that is when Bandai would announce the 1J with GBP armor.

1 minute ago, vladykins said:

I'd bid but that is when Bandai would announce the 1J with GBP armor.

Well, do it then! Take one for the team!:D

I made the Focker release happen. I've done my part.;)

Edited by sqidd

Still not a peep out of NY for my Kakizaki.. I've also had a super parts set on order with them since September last year and there's been no movement on it. I did send them a message about the SS parts but they didn't respond to it. I know I missed the initial batch but thought it would have arrived by now via the second batch considering the specified release date was April this year.. It's becoming exhausting. 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Still not a peep out of NY for my Kakizaki.. I've also had a super parts set on order with them since September last year and there's been no movement on it. I did send them a message about the SS parts but they didn't respond to it. I know I missed the initial batch but thought it would have arrived by now via the second batch considering the specified release date was April this year.. It's becoming exhausting. 

Nippon Yasan.jpg

11 minutes ago, Norland said:

If you are still looking for a Kakizaki Amazon Japan has it available and will ship to the US. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B089WGZJDG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2J4VAB2GEAEHI&psc=1

That's a really good price. Factor in Amazon Japan's cheap DHL shipping and it's only like 10 bucks over what I paid getting it through From Japan.

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That's a really good price. Factor in Amazon Japan's cheap DHL shipping and it's only like 10 bucks over what I paid getting it through From Japan.

AmazonJP comes through A LOT. Not enough to bet the farm on. But they're pretty darn good. I've picked up a few things post release now for really good deals. I don't think we will see any Roy's like this though. I have a feeling they're going to be a whole new level of crazy.

31 minutes ago, Norland said:

If you are still looking for a Kakizaki Amazon Japan has it available and will ship to the US. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B089WGZJDG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2J4VAB2GEAEHI&psc=1

Thanks! Picked up my second. Now should I open both and have a battroid/ fighter display or settle to take just one out. 

7 minutes ago, betocc said:

Second Kakizaki at Mandarake for 22k, already gone in a few minutes or seconds 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1146676374&lang=en

The problem with Mandy for single items is that DHL is the only shipping option now. That 22K turns into 29K real fast. Amazon has that beat by 3K.

11 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Got to keep it balanced.

Not every country can buy from Amazon jp directly

EMS to Mexico is about 4,200 - 4,500 so Mandarake is a good deal and you can ask to declare a lower value for the item to avoid customs. While buying at AJ you always pay customs in Mexico which makes things like this one more expensive. 

Edited by betocc

4 minutes ago, betocc said:

EMS to Mexico is about 4,200 - 4,500 so Mandarake is a good deal and you can ask to declare a lower value for the item to avoid customs. While buying at AJ you always pay customs in Mexico which makes things like this one more expensive. 

For my case, tax duties is easily 100 USD if I bought the cheaper VF-1S in Amazon JP. For some weird reason, I cannot check out the Kaki unit in Amazon JP

27 minutes ago, betocc said:

I'm curious have you actually tried and successfully had Mandarake declare a lower value for the item when shipping?  I haven't tried because I recall they state on their website that they would not do that.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Try 4.5k, the shipping from Amazon on my Kakizaki was only ~¥2500.

It isn't 4.5K from Mandy. I just looked up an order for a YF-19 Full Set (could be slightly more than a VF-1) that just arrived to come up with that Manda shipping amount. It was 7,810 to ship.

Manda is not consistent across the branches either. They banged me hard on a shipment out of Sahra. I didn't want to miss out on something so I checked out. I contacted them with order numbers from other branches for shipments of a similar size and they refunded me 10K from the 20K they banged me for. I had to wait for it to arrive then emailed them again so they could check what the actual DHL shipping charge was. Apparently they don't get invoiced until it's delivered. They were actually quite helpful, prompt, etc. Basically a photo negative of NY.:D

Just now, vf1 said:

I'm curious have you actually tried and successfully had Mandarake declare a lower value for the item when shipping?  I haven't tried because I recall they state on their website that they would not do that.  Thanks.

Yes, I did have success for my YF-19 Full Set Pack, price was 28k and they declare it for 14k while shipping. I didn't get charged by Customs which was great! However I think it doesn't work always but it has worked a few times for me. I use the Comment textbook while creating the order to ask for a lower value, most of the time I ask for at least half the value of each item. 

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It isn't 4.5K from Mandy. I just looked up an order for a YF-19 Full Set (could be slightly more than a VF-1) that just arrived to come up with that Manda shipping amount. It was 7,810 to ship.

Manda is not consistent across the branches either. They banged me hard on a shipment out of Sahra. I didn't want to miss out on something so I checked out. I contacted them with order numbers from other branches for shipments of a similar size and they refunded me 10K from the 20K they banged me for. I had to wait for it to arrive then emailed them again so they could check what the actual DHL shipping charge was. Apparently they don't get invoiced until it's delivered. They were actually quite helpful, prompt, etc. Basically a photo negative of NY.:D

My YF-19 Full Set Pack shipped from Nayuta Store, I paid 5,200 by EMS to Mexico and they declare 14k instead of the 28k. 

Just now, betocc said:

My YF-19 Full Set Pack shipped from Nayuta Store, I paid 5,200 by EMS to Mexico and they declare 14k instead of the 28k. 

That 7,810 was DHL. US's only choice right now. I miss EMS.

DHL is great if you need something fast, but it's expensive. Most everything I buy from Japan I go SAL. I mainly use EMS just for the insurance for more expensive items (and less chance of getting broken/lost in 3-5 days).

Hardly bought anything since Japan Post halted service to US.

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

DHL is great if you need something fast, but it's expensive. Most everything I buy from Japan I go SAL. I mainly use EMS just for the insurance for more expensive items (and less chance of getting broken/lost in 3-5 days).

Hardly bought anything since Japan Post halted service to US.

Patience is not one of my qualities.:fool:

This is the reply i got when i ask about y is not stuff still not shipped when my country is not under the restricted countries affect due this covid for the strike parts....

Thank you for your message

Sir , i regret to inform you even if you change the shipping method( we cannot ship by SAL) we won't be able to honor your order.

Our supplier cancelled our stock for this product. We tried to find with another supplier this product, but it takes a lot of time (months) and even that we are able to tell you if at the end we will be able to ship your order.

We are terrible sorry for the inconvenience, here the option we can offer you:
- refund your order by store credit (time to make a proper refund has been expired)
- if there are something on the website, make an exception and switch the product (prices have to be equivalent)
- keep the order but we do not know when it will be ship , change now or after the shipping method.

Come back to us, new ticket: Super parts. We will answer you faster.

Another VF-31A Karios in the making?

Edited by mamboeidos

Yup I've been waiting for my strike parts to ship from N-Y since changing shipping method almost 2 months ago. Really hope they can find a source to honor the order. If only I picked these up elsewhere. Thankfully it's my last order to be fulfilled through them and then I'm out.